Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I suffer from pretty bad myopia. :yes: My eyesight's gotten consistently worse over time - that's the main reason I've had to get new glasses. The amount of time I spend reading books and computer screens doesn't help much. xD

I actually still have my old glasses :P

I should probably still go in for eye check-ups every now and then. The eye doctor told me it might fluctuate from good to bad, so we'll have to see. I haven't noticed not being able to see far though.

You might just not notice. I didn't know I had issues with my eyesight until I got glasses. I just thought everyone saw the way I saw. Then I put my glasses on and was like "MUM! The trees have LEAVES on them!!"

I just thought everyone saw the way I saw. Then I put my glasses on and was like "MUM! The trees have LEAVES on them!!"

Is that a joke, or was your eyesight THAT bad?

I knew I had to get glasses when I was at a Mets game, and I couldn't see the score, so I had to ask my dad (we were winning).

My eyesight is the way it is because I would read in the dark, and sit too close to the TV.

Well the problem for me was that my left eye is the one that actually went bad, but my right eye still had 20/20 vision, so I could see normally, but things were actually less well-defined on my left side. It apparently isn't too prominent though because my brain sharpened the image by using my right eye, but there definitely was a slight difference when I tried looking for it.

Anyways, I was actually hoping I'd get a monocle back then :P

Edit: I'm not sure how my eyesight got bad. I don't really do anything to "threaten" them. Must be genetic. *shrugs*

Anyways, I was actually hoping I'd get a monocle back then :P

Monocles are just plain out dumb. And I can't figure out how they keep it on their faces. It would fall and break if I tried to wear one.

Admittedly I was a little more aware that I couldn't see, but my first day with glasses was full of "WHOOOOOA. LOOKIT ALL THE DETAIL." That included being amazed at how distinct the leaves on trees were. xD

But if I had one then I could've done a great British impersonation :P

You don't need a monocle to do a British impersonation. That would be the stereotypical rich British, most of which don't really exist anymore.

I've never had that moment either. I could see just fine close up, but far objects were a blur.

I've had glasses for too long to remember what it was like when I first wore them. :( But the difference is usually noticeable when I get upgrades. xD

Oh course I don't need one. The same way you don't need pepperonis to make a pizza. But they make the pizza so much better :P

I hate pepperoni.

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING! I don't want a food topic. So I'm leaving it like that.

I dislike World of Warcraft, solely because a guy I was crushing on in 9th grade chose WoW over me. :P At the time it was tragic. Now it's just funny.

My dad was actually engaged to a pro bowler before my mom, and she picked bowling over him. He still doesn't like bowling and that was a long time ago. (My parents have been married for almost 29 years.) :laughingsmiley:

And about the WoW, I dislike it as well. Although it did bring me and my bf together...

I haven't played yet, but the husband is trying to get me to. I think it could be interesting. I didn't think I'd like Diablo II, and I loved it.

I'm 17. It's a bit more "shameful" that I haven't dated yet. ;) *isn't ashamed at all*

Not even Livvy. You know how old I was, when I got my first boyfriend? 22. I just wasn't concerned with boys/love/dating/romance. I found other things in my life that I focused on.

...wearing glasses doesn't make you a nerd, and being a nerd doesn't mean you need glasses (they can have contacts too! ...or, you know, perfectly normal vision). *fiddles with my own glasses* I am a proud geek.

I got glasses in 4th grade. (I got braces in 3rd) I didn't start wearing contacts until I was 18-19. I don't remember. But I loved them so much, I never wore my glasses. 99% of the people I knew, didn't realize I wore glasses. But when I lost my glasses, I had nothing but contacts to wear for 9 months, so when I replaced them in January... I haven't worn contacts since. But I love my glasses. They're... fun and non-geeky. I used to take my contacts out randomly, just to wear my glasses.