Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

It's not like that here. Usually homeless or whatever just look at you funny. It's only the bouncy, happy people that generally do it here. Or people with friends who put them up to doing stuff like that.

I am going to Colorado. >8(

I want random bouncy people saying hello to me and then bounce away!

I am going to Colorado. >8(

I want random bouncy people saying hello to me and then bounce away!

Really? What part? Denver is the best for that. Colorado Springs does pretty well with those people too.

The homeless people here are either:

1. Always sleepy

2. Constantly begging for you to give them money, and refuse to believe you when you tell them that you have none, even if you're telling the truth.

3. Dead

4. On drugs

5. Happy and giddy

6. Depressed

7. War veterans

Here's what you do when you are confronted by one:

1. Ignore them

2. Put on headphones and pretend you were listening to music

3. Tell the truth and say you don't have money

4. Lie and say you don't have money

5. Give them a bar of soap

6. Act rude (not the best option)

7. Give them money (best option)

And that's CAV's Guide to the Homeless in NYC.

I don't remember much of NYC from when I went. But then again, I was 7, which was quite a few years ago. I just remember no one in the group wanted to ride the subway, and my mom's friend made everyone. She was crazy. :laughingsmiley: "Pffft, let's just walk to the UN building... it's only 20 blocks from here."

She wasn't that type. She was always the adventure type. We used to go camping with her, her husband, and their grandson all the time. She never wanted easy or fast. She wanted fun. :laughingsmiley:

Really? What part? Denver is the best for that. Colorado Springs does pretty well with those people too.

Woaah oops. I meant I want to go. :-( It looks like such a nice place to be -sigh-

CAV- I must be lucky or something. I almost never see the homeless harassing people. A lot of the ones I've seen are really chill. Like, they just sit there doing nothing ever. It is kind of creepy.

And yeah, I don't think it's that hard to tell the hobos and drunks from the bubbly happy people. Bubbly happy people probably won't offer you a bag of candy a few seconds afterwards :P

Y'know, if they had a bag of candy, they probably would.

I guess I forgot to mention the smiling creepily part and the suspicious before the bag of candy.

I don't live in the city, and I'd honestly prefer not to. Suburbs are a very nice place to live :yes:. Though I guess a downside is that there really isn't anything to do around here xP

What I remember most from my trip was the Empire State building (had construction going on, so you couldn't go outside.) and the World Trade Centers. My sister and my mom's friend's grandson, made it to the outside, top of the building. But by the time I got there, it was closed because of wind.

I do remember the UN buildings courtyard... but that's it.

I went to the World Trade Center, though I can barely remember it since I was 3 I think.

It hurt the entire country when the towers collasped, but it hurt us NYers even more. You didn't even have to lose someone to have felt it. But it's even WORSE for those whom DID lose someone. My mother's friend lost her mother there.

But I can't wait til the Freedom Tower is built. Oh wait, my bad. World Trade Center 1. <_<

Along with a memorial to 9/11, they are constructing new buildings at Ground Zero. The Freedom Tower will fill the hole that was left by the World Trade Center.

Freedom_Tower_New.jpg

Here's more info.