Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

@HP topic

OMGIWANNASEEDAMOVIE!

The last book was amazing and in my imagination the Battle for Hogwarts was epic, so I wanna see what a director and amazing graphics can do. :O

Right now I'm reading some book called The Empress by Karen Miller. Its the first in a three book series entitled "Godspeaker". I recommend it. :woot:

When it comes to books, Harry Potter and A Series of Unfortunate Events are at the top of my list.

The only fantasy thing I've seen, is Lord of the Rings, and only the first one, so far. After I see them all, my husband wants me to read the books.

I hated Lord of the Rings. Both the books and the movies.

I used to bug my friend that was a huge Harry Potter fan, by saying the HP was not Harry Potter. It was Hewlitt Packard.

HP is the computer and printer company. :P

On the topic of fantasy, has anyone seen the trailer of Legend of the Gardians. I haven't read the books, nor does it look like a good movie, but the animation is so smooth.

Harry Potter was a good book, and the movies were alright.

I liked the first 3 and the 6th one, but not the 4th and 5th. I can't really give much of an in-depth reason other than the fact that I just didn't like it. The books are definitely better than the movies though.

Lord of the Rings is a great movie, but I haven't read the books yet :P

I just recently read a book called The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, which was really interesting and well-written, plus it was fun to read. It's definitely a book I recommend.

I hated Lord of the Rings. Both the books and the movies.

HP is the computer and printer company. :P

I laughed every time I saw Orlando Bloom with that silly blonde hair.

That's what I said. Hewlitt Packard/HP is the technology company. They're just more well known as HP. But HP stands for Hewlitt Packard. That was the names of the founders. (I work near a Hewlitt Packard (HP) facility.

The always reliable and correct urban dictionary says HP stands for horsepower.

So it is written.... 0:)

*Looks down at my HP MVP 2002 Hoodie*

Ummm, Noog, I'm pretty sure my dad didn't get this because of horsepower.

And urban dictionary doesn't count. :laughingsmiley:

That's what I said. Hewlitt Packard/HP is the technology company. They're just more well known as HP. But HP stands for Hewlitt Packard. That was the names of the founders. (I work near a Hewlitt Packard (HP) facility.

Oh. I was unaware of that. I just thought that they named themselves HP for the lulz of it all.

Doesn't matter to me. My laptop is Toshiba, and my dad's computer is Dell.

I did like HP's commercials. Fiona? Shaun White? Other people that I know? Awesome.

Harry Potter was a good book, and the movies were alright.

I liked the first 3 and the 6th one, but not the 4th and 5th. I can't really give much of an in-depth reason other than the fact that I just didn't like it. The books are definitely better than the movies though.

^This.

They just seemed different from all the others. Although I did like th 5th a bit more thn the 4th. :yes:

Oh my goodness. Harry Potter talk and I almost missed it o_O . Best harry potter movie was the 3rd one but then again I am in love with the 3rd book so thats probably partially why. I enjoyed the series of unfortunate events movie but I've never really read the books. I've browsed though one of them I got free but the writing style seemed too young of an age level for me to really enjoy.

I used to bug my friend that was a huge Harry Potter fan, by saying the HP was not Harry Potter. It was Hewlitt Packard.

haha, this made me laugh out loud. :laughingsmiley:

I liked the books more or less, at least I tore through them. The ones towards the end starting bothering me. I didn't like when Harry was all moody, and I didn't like the way that the series ended. I thought it was kinda dumb (sorry).

I read a LOT at work. I've gone through all my favorite authors. (I finally caught up with Clive Cussler.) I've read all Steve Martini, Brad Meltzer, Lisa Scottoline. I've read Matthew Reilly's Jack West Jr. series. All of Lincoln Child. I've been running out of good authors/books.

Right now, I'm reading The Judas Strain by James Rollins.

And I discovered a really good new series (TSI) but so far there's only 2 books. (TSI The Gabon Virus. And TSI Influenza Bomb.)

I don't like Clive Cussler, or at least the one book of his that I read. I don't know the other authors. I might like TSI though because I like medically things and popular science books in general. Sometimes scientific inconsistencies bother me though... it's that way with CSI. I like watching it, but sometimes I can't help but be like "labs aren't like that!" or "that drug doesn't do that!" I have a lot of nonfiction books that I'm planning on reading, but I need to balance it more from fiction because I get tired of reading nonfiction all the time.

I'm reading a P.D. James book right now. What kind of books do you like? I'm a big fan of Agatha Christie (I like murder/mystery books). P.G. Wodehouse is pretty good if you like dry British humor. Oh and if you like grammar Eats, Shoots, and Leaves by Lynn Truss is really good/funny.

Mkay, just thought I'd let everyone know this is the last you'll see of me for the weekend. I'm going up to the beach to see some girls I haven't seen in a year. ^_^ Have a spiffy weekend, everyone! :D

I enjoyed the series of unfortunate events movie but I've never really read the books.

I didn't like the movie. After I saw it, I went to read the books, and I believe that the books are much better.

Mkay, just thought I'd let everyone know this is the last you'll see of me for the weekend. I'm going up to the beach to see some girls I haven't seen in a year. ^_^ Have a spiffy weekend, everyone! :D

Yay! I am going to the beach this weekend too. b) It's my third home, after my real home and church.

Aw, bye livvy and Anisha!! I will miss you!

And I have a HP printer. Nuff said. b)

Harry Potter wise, I have seen the movies and ehhhh they are ok. I still think that the books are better.

I am still here, it's midnight, where possibly I could go? :P

And HP ... ah. I liked the movie, I loved the movie. The books are good too. Why do people always criticize the things I like? :/

Oh yeah, I forgot the time difference! :laughingsmiley: Its 2:30 in the afternoon here.

And noooo I wasnt insulting them! I just think that the books are better! I is sowie! *hugs Anisha's knees and doesnt let go*

Oh yeah, I forgot the time difference! :laughingsmiley: Its 2:30 in the afternoon here.

And noooo I wasnt insulting them! I just think that the books are better! I is sowie! *hugs Anisha's knees and doesnt let go*

Yush! Don't forget that. ^_^

And :laughingsmiley: my knees!! Somebody help!!

And no, I didn't think you were insulting me. I was just mad at myself. :yes:

I don't like Clive Cussler, or at least the one book of his that I read. I don't know the other authors. I might like TSI though because I like medically things and popular science books in general. Sometimes scientific inconsistencies bother me though... it's that way with CSI. I like watching it, but sometimes I can't help but be like "labs aren't like that!" or "that drug doesn't do that!" I have a lot of nonfiction books that I'm planning on reading, but I need to balance it more from fiction because I get tired of reading nonfiction all the time.

I'm reading a P.D. James book right now. What kind of books do you like? I'm a big fan of Agatha Christie (I like murder/mystery books). P.G. Wodehouse is pretty good if you like dry British humor. Oh and if you like grammar Eats, Shoots, and Leaves by Lynn Truss is really good/funny.

Clive Cussler is one of my all-time favorites. He can be rather annoying. (Like with all the male stereotypes, the same general plots: someone is trying to dominate the world and Dirk Pitt must stop them.) Which book of his did you read? Trojan Odyssey was my favorite.

My favorite books are legal thrillers (John Grisham, Steve Martini, Brad Meltzer, Lisa Scottline) and just general thriller/action. I like crime fiction, and these illness/virus things interest me too.