Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I just don't feel like writing right now. XD I'll finish it...I guess :P

I stopped writing it because of a lack of feedback :( I had a Prologue(? The thing before the story :P) written and the first chapter that barely explained ANYTHING, it was more of a character/story introduction thing, and it was a couple of pages long in MS word. I hoped to spark some interest but people either didn't read it or refused to comment.

Could I read it? I do so enjoy reading other people's writing. :yes:

I understand what you mean about feedback. That's what usually makes me fall away from a story. I don't generally write in order, so I often don't have enough to share, or if I do, no one to share it with. When you can't share, writing seems kind of pointless.

I don't think that I have it here. Plus, I think that the first chapter needs a bit of re-writing :P

I think I might have the prologue laying around though.

Wow, I missed a lot of posts. Been busy yesterday and today.

Well I'm not sure you have to go into med school. Apparently certain types of doctors can go to grad school and get a Ph.D. instead of an M.D. (immunologists being one of them).

I'm not sure what you're looking at... my boss is an immunologist with a PhD. The job description when you have a PhD is much different than when you have an MD. Trust me, the pay is much, much better from an MD perspective. Of course, there are many other things to consider as well.

I'm about to start a PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biology. I'm interested in medicine and all things medical, but I could never be a doctor, so I'm going into the research side of things. (I also like science).

The head of my old lab has a PhD and MD. This is becoming more common for medical researchers.

True, but from what my counselor told me, a Ph.D. won't be nearly as useful as an M.D., especially in terms of average salary. Plus, if you go for a Ph.D. but have most classes in preparation for an M.D. it may be more difficult to find a job since you might lack special skills acquired in classes that certain employers deem necessary for their doctors. I'm just doing general studies this year until I can choose as well. I figure it's best to take classes I know will be useful in any career I decide upon.

On the other hand, you could do the whole luxury doctor thing like Royal Pains. :P

I'm not sure what you mean... a lot of the classes are the same. One of my bachelor's degrees is in biochemistry, and the only class that I would really need to be pre-med is anatomy and physiology, which I think you have to take if you're a biology major. It's pretty easy to meet the requirements for both.

I am soooo confused right now. Did someone zap the HOP post and now it's confused?

I'm confused too. I think it was zapped as well.

Hissi = <3

-Reads BD chat-

Hm, I didn't know you could drop the F-bomb on Neo. I thought the boards filtered it... o.o'

FL FTW! Guess where i'd go if DC ws ever kicked out. xD

Lulz the DCer love the idea of me in a pink and purple jersey. :P

Really? I lurk there... have yet to see the f-bomb.

Anyone else think Mondays should be cancelled?

I'd agree to that.

YES!

Mum no longer cares (nor probably knows) what I do after she goes to sleep. If she knew I was on any kind of forum she'd freak; the time wouldn't matter a bit. She's given up on that.

Lol. My parents put a time lock on my computer and phone cause I used 'em too much! :P They both shut off at 2 am until 6 am. What they dont realize is that even though I did use both late into the night, they were what made me sleepy. So now I've been up later than usual just trying to fall asleep! :sad02:

That's unfortunate, Doc. :( When I need to make myself go to sleep, I usually use my crank lantern to read by. It fades slowly, so as the light gets steadily dimmer, I get steadily tireder. Works wonders. :)

If mum tried to timelock me out of the internet, I'd tell her I might need internet at that time to finish homework. Which, unfortunately, is quite possibly true.

Its real unfortunate. I haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks :(

Plus my mom has some Internet security program that I'm pretty sure NASA would use! It monitors everything I do or say. And blocks me from downloading games, and blocked websites like youtube! Its INSANE!She can see everything I just typed! ALL OF IT!It royally p.o.'s me. :grrr:

Same here! During school days my computer shuts off at 11! Which only if I am lucky and have no homework, I'm never done with homework by then! :( This school year is gonna be tough....