Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

i need that ice, where can I get it?

lulz, I'm not the most manly either

I just got it from the supermarket. It's in a box with blue raspberry flavor and watermelon, haven't tried the watermelon yet though. Summer=frozen treats, even though it's rainy and gross out!

CAV, I just noticed that you're into astronomy too. Awesome, I'm a general science major and since I'm just a freshman at a community college I don't have the option of majoring in astronomy (although I did just take a class in it, got a A whoohoo!) but I dream of doing so.

What got you into it? Ever watch the series Cosmos with Carl Sagan? I recommend that to anyone interested in astronomy, even if they already know a lot about the subject, it's still a fun (albeit, slightly outdated) watch.

Were the two "Coming out of the closet"? Or did they like really hate eachother? Those are the only reasons I could think of for why people would clap. xD

And um, how did you find thi bit of information out? I've heard ice cream sandwhiches aren't good for that either, btw.

Nope, I guess the one guy was just so excited that he made it into the show that he hugged his dad. There were like 15 other people in that room with him so I guess they felt the need to be a part of it some how but didn't know how so they clapped?

Huh? Where was this, and why were they doing so?

I'm a leader for the middle school kids youth group at church and it was a night of many shenanigans last night with water balloons and other such nonsense but at the end when we were eating s'mores, one girl decided I needed to become a human s'more and smooshed molten marshmallow and chocolate on my face complete with two grahm cracker that stuck to my face. My face still feels weird.

I don't like Luigi's Ice. I tried their lemon before. Not a fan.

I second that, I'm not really a fan of their's either.

Adding to the sexism discussion as a programmer, I can say that gender has never really been an issue in the world of software development. While it's true that males fill the statistical majority of the field, guys and girls have pretty much always been treated with the same level of respect, mainly because (with being behind a computer screen and all) we realised a long time ago that it doesn't really make a difference. There are many great female hackers, developers, and general programmers out there. :yes:

Really? How can we disregard that error when THIS is present?

Simply put, you can disregard that due to the existence of the very topic you referenced. ;)

And CAV, we really need to go to the debate section more. Me and you could argue for hours it seems. We need some sort of weekly debate. xD

A weekly debate club actually sounds like an interesting idea...

I epically fail at astronomy. I know about 7 of the planets, 2 types of galxies, and like 5 constellations. xD

You do fail. List the planets and galaxies that you know. Yea, I'm quizzing you.

Me and CAV aren't good at talking. The last time we casually talked we ended up having to delete every post we made. Long story. Dx

Yeaaa. That's nothing you have to worry about. I SAID DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!!!!

What got you into it?

Ever since I was a little kid, I've always been curious, and the biggest questions that were in my head still ponder me to this day. What's out there? Could there be more than what us humans see? Can we one day travel to the deepest corners of the ever expanding universe? It has made me want a career in astronomy.

Simply put, you can disregard that due to the existence of the very topic you referenced. ;)

I shall not disregard.

You have to admit though CAV, interesting way to spend the day. xD

Uranus, Neptune, Earth, Pluto, Mars, Jupiter, Venus. That's it...

Um, here's like roundish galaxies and then like flat ones. xDDD

Orions belt, Scorpius, Big dipper, little dipper, and then that one that looks like a duck. smile_anim.gif

Uranus, Neptune, Earth, Pluto, Mars, Jupiter, Venus. That's it...

Here's the correct awnser in order. The ones that are in bold are dwarf planets.

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, Eris

Nifty. I've actually never had an astronomy class in my life and we never did anything other than name the planets and such in science classes. I took more physics classes instead.

Me too. I like physics. Though they are not my favorite subjects. But I still enjoy it. ^_^

Orions belt, Scorpius, Big dipper, little dipper, and then that one that looks like a duck. smile_anim.gif

Duck? You are creeping me out, Ryan. :laughingsmiley:

Here's the correct awnser in order. The ones that are in bold are dwarf planets.

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, Eris

Really CAV, you sound like a geeky scientist. :laughingsmiley:

*puts on glasses* Back in my day, we didn't have dwarf planets. All planets were universally accepted for what they were. Then those scientists had to discriminate against Pluto--they couldn't accept it as a real planet, no, they had to go and call it a dwarf planet.

Poor, poor Pluto.

*puts on glasses* Back in my day, we didn't have dwarf planets. All planets were universally accepted for what they were. Then those scientists had to discriminate against Pluto--they couldn't accept it as a real planet, no, they had to go and call it a dwarf planet.

Poor, poor Pluto.

Lol. I know, but dwarf planets are considered planets to a certain degree. Yes, poor Pluto, but now that it's a dwarf planet, it's now the 10th planet

(Ceres is in the Astroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, therfore making it closer to the Sun than Pluto).

Poor, poor Pluto.

Haha, true that. I've been kind of tempted to get one of those shirts that says either "When I was your age, Pluto was a planet" or "It's okay Pluto, I'm not a planet either"

Nah. I always figured those "It's ok, I'm not a planet either" kinda shirts were for females. Male shirts would say "HAHA! Pluto's not a planet! You suck!"

I wouldn't get that shirt either.