Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Creeped out. wink2.gif

Are your jocks and cheerleaders as bad?

Yeah, but I didn't wanna take any chances and get accepted into their group. I wouldn't want to slowly change and veiw things the way they do.

Anisha, these cheeleaders at my school are a coldhearted breed. blink.gif

Er, don't mind ... but, I am a cheerleader myself. *sigh* And I don't think ... I am cold-hearted. :(

Ah. Just because you're a jock doesn't make you change who you are. I mean, it's just a label. My brother used to call me jock all the time and I have a sweet disposition with others. Sure, I'm competitive, but I have the worst conscience and it'll never let me get away with being mean, lying, nor anything.

I used to have a jocky friend. He was rude sometimes, but still my friend. He was good at heart though. People just mistook him.

I hated Grade 8. It was the worst year of my life. My school was really snobby. I had only been at that school for one year, but I knew a bunch of kids from the special smart kid class that I had been going to once a week since grade 4 (it was a city-wide class, so I met kids from lots of different schools). However, nobody really wanted to hang out with me, because I was pretty nerdy as far as interests went and I liked heavy metal instead of New Kids On the Block. Even my best friend since kindergarten dumped me.

High school was much better though, since there are so many people there that it's possible to find friends with the same interests. By the time I got to high school, I had really stopped caring what people thought of me. I still don't really care.

Yes Anisha, but you are a truly nice person, good spirit. They're the stab-your-back types.

-High-5's Masaryk- Yay for not caring what anyone thinks! ^^

And i'm going into 8th next year. e.e Should I be scared? Dx

I guess sometimes molding can be easily done, though hasn't been the case with me. My friends would curse and I don't at all. I think it's just that you have to do what you like and not care what that will label you. I mean, it's not like you have to be really close to your teammates (I wasn't for the most part since all my friends did other sports than myself), though I did consider most friends, just not really close (if that's understood). You get to choose your friends and who you want to be around with. So I don't think there's a huge risk of molding like them, if you don't want to.

High school was much better though, since there are so many people there that it's possible to find friends with the same interests. By the time I got to high school, I had really stopped caring what people thought of me. I still don't really care.

I am in high school, and here are all my bad and good memories of mine. I am in 11th grade this year, and it's so fun. Hanging out, but I still miss my middle school. :laughingsmiley:

Yes Anisha, but you are a truly nice person, good spirit. They're the stab-your-back types.

Glad to hear that. :)

so far this year has been the worst

Anisha, you're not coldhearted at all, you're one of the nicest people I've met on the internet or IRL

Thanks Tyler. :laughingsmiley:

Didn't really expected you to be saying this. We don't know each other that well. Thanks for cheering me up! :yes:

Ah, Citadel. I can see what you mean, now. I guess it can be easy to avoid the molding part especially if you know you can easily do so. I can't easily mold, maybe due to my stubbornness or the many circles I was about.

I didn't find hs too bad, Tyler. But I guess it depends on a lot of variables.

my sister says hs is like 10 times worse

i really hope not

No, I am enjoying my High School a lot. It just depends on you.

I didn't find hs too bad, Tyler. But I guess it depends on a lot of variables.

Agreed. High School is all about how you are.

We have different people in HS. They all seem to be good at some point.

It somewhat is, though I found it easily to tune them out. xP I skipped on the softball to make sure I did since two sports (did volleyball and basketball) will them all was good enough. Hehe. I did track, though some cheereaders also did and they irritated me when they thought themselves in need to loose weight. :| It's like, you're kidding, right? But I also did band and academic decathlon, so yeah. It was easy to tune them out and think of something else. xP

Hehe. xP Chess Club, if it makes you happy, then it's all good. :]

And track is fun. I couldn't do it senior year and was sad, but it was more my parent's choice than myself. My team was rather close to one another, so yeah. Was fun, even though the meet was pretty long, but there are a lot of down time. *nods*

I'm not rude either. :] I wouldn't be able to sleep if I was, I think too much. xP

As I said, I liked high school. You get to meet lots of new people. I went to a different high school than the rest of my grade 8 class, so it was completely like starting over for me. Sure, there were still lots of snobs, but there were also lots of other people too. I didn't have too much trouble finding some other nerdy headbangers to hang out with. Plus, there's lots of extra stuff to do, like band and clubs.

People at the high school that I will be going to say that the peole who popular in ms are not popular in hs. It is the people who are friends with everybody who are "popular.". I hope that it is actually like that.

That'd be nice. Some of my friends are like that and i'd love to see them get away from our made-fun-of-constantly group. I love it when people attempt to "emotionally hurt" me but they're not as good at coping and I don't like seeing my friends hurt. sad01_anim.gif

Sadly, although people try to tell you otherwise, high school then college and yes even life afterwards is generally speaking the same way. People always want to popular, or liked or in with the people of influence, whether its the people with a lot of friends or later in life people with the most money or the best cars or whatnot. I find the trick is always be true to yourself and be confident in who you are, it will never steer you wrong.