Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Well, I like a male singer better than a female one. No offense to female singers (as I am myself one. Well, sort of). I don't know why. Maybe because they have a bold voice which I like the most.

I agree with you, but in some cases a female singer can sound lovely, or better than lovely--just plain rockin' :laughingsmiley:

Take for example, Emily Haines from the band Metric. She can sound so awesome and intense in her work with Metric, yet in her solo stuff, she sings along with piano and other classical instruments and sounds so feminine and soft and soothing.

I also love Feist, and the lead singer from the now-defunct band Controller.Controller... pardon me for only mentioning Canadian female artists (and I left out Avril Lavigne on purpose :rolleyes_anim: lol)

I agree with you, but in some cases a female singer can sound lovely, or better than lovely--just plain rockin' :laughingsmiley:

Take for example, Emily Haines from the band Metric. She can sound so badass and intense in her work with Metric, yet in her solo stuff, she sings along with piano and other classical instruments and sounds so feminine and soft and soothing.

I also love Feist, and the lead singer from the now-defunct band Controller.Controller... pardon me for only mentioning Canadian female artists (and I left out Avril Lavigne on purpose :rolleyes_anim: lol)

I have heard Metric a couple of times and I liked the female singer's voice, obviously. Amy Lee of Evanescence has a very nice, sort of bold voice.

And I have never heard Feist before. Is she good? I am going to check some songs of her right now. :laughingsmiley:

Anisha, I love the Tabla! I love the sound it makes, not the hard metal-y sound drums make but a softer nicer more traditional sound. I am also learning the shanai (is that how you spell it?) which is the Indian clarinet/recorder. It is so hard to get a sound out of! :laughingsmiley:

Anisha, I love the Tabla! I love the sound it makes, not the hard metal-y sound drums make but a softer nicer more traditional sound. I am also learning the shanai (is that how you spell it?) which is the Indian clarinet/recorder. It is so hard to get a sound out of! :laughingsmiley:

Oh, you mean Shehnai. :laughingsmiley: It's a very cute instrument. Learning Shehnai is very prestigious thing in India as it's getting rarer by days. Well, I have no plans of learning it right now. As I recently brought my guitar and have already learned a few chords. :laughingsmiley:

Thanks for the spelling. Its prestigious, you say? Hmmm...Thats good. :laughingsmiley: You too! The guitar! What is our world coming to?! :rolleyes_anim:

Yeah...Probably not. They are as American as Americans can be! Except for the Chinese ones (there are many of them). I am the only Indian kid at my school of 1,200 kids! Can you believe that? :king:

I could be....but I am not because I am smart. The people in my school like the blone-blue eyed dumb girls and the guys who are bad. Sigh. But I am glad that I am not popular because being popular is a full time job.

It happens in our school too. Only looks matter here. <_< Not even attitude.

Being popular is a headache. And I am NOT meaning to be too. But most of my friends are quite popular. Actually, they really won't be called friends. Classmates would be more preferable. Cheer-Leaders, basket ball players, soccer players and rock bands are only popular here. I am not a cheerleader and I am not even planning to. Basket Ball is an awesome game and I love it. But only one thing lacks in our school. We only have boys basket ball team. No girls allowed. I am not a soccer player, but we have a girls soccer team.

I hate school plays.

I personally don't give a crap about what other people in my class think about me. The only reason I am willing to go to school is to actually learn. All my friends don't go to my school, anyways.

Haha, I don't know what we did before texting. Oh yeah thats right, we just passed notes, I suppose kids these day are more environmentally friendly? I'm not sure the circuitry waste from old cell phones is actually better than the cost of paper from trees though...

Passing notes is a common thing. Everyone (well ... almost) does that.

I hate school plays.

I personally don't give a crap about what other people in my class think about me. The only reason I am willing to go to school is to actually learn. All my friends don't go to my school, anyways.

I totally agree with you. It's not necessary to have lot of friends revolving around you.

I believe 4 or 5 close friends will do. You know, the one you can share your thoughts and the one you can trust. I have 1 best friend and 3 extremely close friends, and that's enough for me.

I have heard Metric a couple of times and I liked the female singer's voice, obviously. Amy Lee of Evanescence has a very nice, sort of bold voice.

And I have never heard Feist before. Is she good? I am going to check some songs of her right now. :laughingsmiley:

I usually end up like male singer's music better, but there are female artists I love. Like one of my favorites is Colbie Caillat. She has a very pretty voice, beautiful music/songs, beautiful lyrics. Then there's Taylor Swift. I love her music as well.

I could be....but I am not because I am smart. The people in my school like the blone-blue eyed dumb girls and the guys who are bad. Sigh. But I am glad that I am not popular because being popular is a full time job.

I guess that explained what I did wrong in HS. Since I was blonde-green eyed, and smart. :laughingsmiley:

Awww I am sorry Tyler. You must get sooo bored during class with no one to text under you desk. :D

Texting? Teachers allow phones in class now? When I was in HS, pagers got taken away if they saw them. Even if they were clipped on your pants and you didn't have them out. I kept mine hooked on my pocket, with the pager inside the pocket.

Haha, I don't know what we did before texting. Oh yeah thats right, we just passed notes, I suppose kids these day are more environmentally friendly? I'm not sure the circuitry waste from old cell phones is actually better than the cost of paper from trees though...

I did notes in 9th grade when my friends weren't in my classes. We passed them when we saw each other. In 7th and 8th, my friends and I used Sign Language. Nothing to be caught with. No one else knew it to read it. And no one could prove anything. :laughingsmiley:

A few of us, made an effort to learn Sign Language, because we had quite a few deaf kids in our school, that went to regular classes with the help of interpreters. I had at least 1-3 deaf kids in almost every class in 6th and 7th. That's originally why I started teaching myself sign language. Then a few of my friends were learning it as well, so it worked out.

And it made a huge difference. One of the girls that was deaf that I used to talk to in a couple of my classes... I saw her a couple years ago, working at a grocery store, and she remembered me and wanted to get together sometime. (And it had been probably 7-8 years since I had last seen her.

Wow that's cool. My friends and I decided to be silly one day and went to the library to start learning sign language but we didn't actually learn anything useful. Just things like prison baby, rotten bug, skunk, giraffe, random words that amused us.

I've always preferred SL. It bothered me that they didn't teach it as a language at my HS. I learn visually much easier than verbally. I tried learned Spanish, but I couldn't. Whereas, SL was very very easy for me. My best friend is actually in a sign language church. That's where she met her now husband. He actually did interpreting for awhile.

Yeah, my high school only offered spanish or french. I was always sad that we only had those two choices. So I ended up taking 6 years of spanish (including middle school) which I guess has been useful but I would have enjoyed learning sign language or latin would have been useful too.

I'm not sure what was offered, as I never had to take one. My sister did German, when she could, because my family is German. Where as my mom learned Spanish, back when she was in school.

My husband has been working on learning Japanese and Russian. I might give it a shot, and try to learn Japanese with him. That would be pretty cool.

I took Spanish for 6 years and then I switched to Latin this year because we had the option. It is soooo much better!! And Spritzie, we arent allowed to use phones, we just do. Its like that with gum, cheating, etc... :whistle: I dont cheat though. I am smart so people try cheating off of me. :grrr:

This summer I'm going to learn Spanish. It will help considering what part of the country I am in.

There are a lot of languages I want to, learn (Greek, Russian, Japanese, etc.)

And texting in class? o_O My school doesn't even allow you to keep phones in your backpack