Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

What model is it? *opens Google in another tab*. Mine is an HP pavilion ze4900. You can Google it up if you want :whistle:.

The model number I have for it is dv6-2088dx. I had him send it to me, so I could look around online for it, but I never got around to it... so I'm not sure if that will work or not.

It has some interesting stuff but isn't the screen small *LOL* You guessed right, I LOVE LARGE SCREENS so that is one advantage of my laptop. It is a really good laptop though.

I guess that it was medium-sized but compared to my laptop seemed small. I think that small laptops look cute :D and its design is nice also, congrats, hope it lives long and healthy :king:. Gotta go now anyway, nice chatting with you.

Laptops are fun. I've never really had one (at least not one that worked properly), but I'd love to. We go to Paneras, Starbucks, book stores... etc a lot... that offer free wifi. I'd love to be able to have my own laptop to take with me. Plus, I could bring it to work and have access to my files and such here.

I've always had desktops. My dad, has always been a laptop user (But he works on computers for work, so he has to be able to take it with him. I think of just his, he owns 3 laptops. One of which, doesn't go on the Net... strictly for pictures.) Until he got a touch screen Desktop, he hadn't had one at home since I was in middle school. But I like the bigger monitors of desktops, a full-size keyboard of my choosing, a mouse of my choosing... etc. And I HAVE to have my full number pad. A lot of laptops don't have that. And that is a must-have for me.

But now I'm leaning towards a laptop because I want to be able to take it places. I'll always have my desktop. It's old, but I don't do anything crazy to it, so it should last quite some time.

EDIT: In college, in the US... I believe laptops are common place. (I have no idea though... that's just a guess.) As far as other grades.... when I was in HS... no laptops. They even took away cell phones, pagers... no one dared try to bring in a laptop. But then again... I've been out of HS for over 6 years. So I suppose things could have changed by now.

We could bring laptops to school in HS but just couldn't use 'em in class. But in college, you're allowed to use 'em in class. The classes I go to though, it isn't too common. But again, I'm a slow writer so I have to type.

Unless I had a deadly silent keyboard on my laptop, I would be the type they'd have a fit with. I tend to type fast. I've never taken a typing class, and I type roughly 95-96WPM. It's just from growing up around computers and lots of practice. When I stayed with my sister, she tried a couple times to sleep while I was on a comp, and finally couldn't... the noise of the keys drove her up the wall.

In my HS, they couldn't have cared less about the dress code and stuff like that... (Unlike my super strict middle school) But when it came to technology... if they so much as saw the clip from a pager in someone's pocket or backpack... they'd take it away.

I'm using a Dell PC, which is running on XP. I'm thinking of getting a Mac, since I really only ever go on the Internet and use the basic Word Office, since they seem to just be faster and run smoother. My XP is fast right after you wipe the hard drive, but it gets really slow really quickly (for start-up times). Vista is even worse, and I don't know enough about Windows 7 to trust it.

Hi all! Long time no speak. =P

Computers, I know nothingn about, though I do know I'm using a Dell PC, running on... I don't really know. As for school, we're allowed to have laptops, I think. I asked, and they said "Until we find a rule specifically stating that you can't bring your own laptop to school, you can use it. As of yet, they haven't found a rule.

Hi Livvy! Back from music camp I see (you were probably back before weren't you? But I haven't been on much recently)

We can't have laptops in school. Probably cause they don't want any gaming going on. And the fact that our school has like 600 of them for teachers to use.