Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Haha, well we have school lunch in the cafeteria if we want to buy it, or we can bring our own lunch. A lot of kids at my school eat outside in the stadium, and sometimes you can buy pizza out there too. We've got a variety.

We've got a big cafeteria. Brand new, came with the new building. We love it. ^_^ Unlike a lot of schools, though, we only have one option for lunch. There's no snack bar or snack machine. You can also bring your own lunch, which I do a lot. xD Except on Tuesday. That's Pizza Day. ;o

We have a small 'tuck shop' where we have an option to buy food but they're very 'pricey'

Now that makes me feel small. (thousands....)

Hmmm...I guess NZ is a small place after all :/

Makes you think how different routines and the environment are to other people.

I don't really know why they call it that but I've gotten used to the name XD

The shop's pretty small, that might have something to do with it.

A school nearby calls it a 'Beach Cafe' just to take the common old name out.

Haha, "tuck shop". I like it. =P

*stares at Laura* 4000?? That's bigger than some of the colleges we have down here! Wow! I would die. Small person + big school is NOT good. Even my current school is pretty overwhelming at times. (Too many tall people who love to walk reeealllly slooooowlyyyyy....)

I don't really know why they call it that but I've gotten used to the name XD

The shop's pretty small, that might have something to do with it.

A school nearby calls it a 'Beach Cafe' just to take the common old name out.

Aw cute you guys call it a tuck shop, all schools I went to called it the canteen.

We don't have cafeterias :(. Just stupid stand-in-a-line THINGS. Most people bring their own lunch to school. And it's snack foods only rubbish like chips, drinks, well actually they're trying to enforce healthy food in school canteens now. Anyway. I've aaalways wanted to go to school in America to experience that, the cafeterias. Everyone tells me the food is bad but I don't care, it looks fun :P. You have PIZZA. And HOT CHIPS. It's not fair I say! Aw and the tables, lunch ladies, roar. Heh maybe they're not ALL like in the movies but my friends in America sure went to schools like that.

Oh, yeah, they're now getting schools to 'eat healthy'. They completely changed the menu ever since I came to the school and at first our principal said "Oh, you can now buy purple carrot juice" and I was like o_O.

But they never sold purple carrot juice at all...

We have wedges, mini pizza's though I don't think they're worth it :/

I'd like to experience an average lunch day at a school's cafeteria. Sounds weird but as Madison said ITS FUN to try something new XD

WHY??? Why do they always assign me books that make me cry?? It's so unfair; why do I have to cry at these things? *sobs*

*sniffle* *sniffle* I'm sorry. Kinda lost it there. The book I have to read for English class... it's so... *sigh* I don't even know how to explain what made me cry. It just did. ...Really sorry about that. :*

I... I guess it's a good thing.... maybe... I suppose it did feel good to have a nice cry... but it was almost sad, but not quite, and... agh, so hard to explain. It's a really good book, just that part... it's more of a "NO!! Why did he have to...??" type of crying. If that makes any sense. *sniffle*

Well...I haven't had that experience in books but I did have that one time (it seems stupid though) while watching 'The little princess'

Its all good, you should thank the teachers for the great books. Showing emotion is all good :D

Wow, we have a lot of choices for our lunch. There's the big-portion artery-clogging good-tasting-but-more-expensive line, there's the pizza line, there's the normal lunch line, there's the salad line, there's the sandwich/wraps line, there's the super expensive organic foods line, and finally the snack bar. Oh, and we have a slushie machine, and we can have slushies FOR FREE!! :thumbsup:

But then again, I do go to one of the better school districts. We're one of the top 505 schools in the nation. Apparently there was this one school ranking thing, and our school received a silver medal.

Here's what's on the site:

U.S. News and World Report has ranked our high school as one of America's best! The analysis spanned more than 18,750 public high schools in 40 states. Narrowing it to the top 505 schools in the nation, the magazine then assigned gold, silver and bronze medals. Manheim Township earned a silver medal!

Livvy, I like those kind of books, though I've never cried while reading them. What book are you reading?

We only have canteens here, and the canteen always ssells one kind of chips (two flavours). so BORING. most of the kids bring their lunch like me.

I'm not much of a reader. I read, and I know this is a bit sad, books based on movies I like. In English class we studied October Sky the movie and I read Rocket Boys, the book it's based on, it's my favourite book ^_^. The main character is such an inspiration especially as it's a true story. I recommend the book or movie. I like Stephen King books too, or anything horror.

As for The Devil In The White City, stop reading it for a week or two. My friend got me Twilight and I couldn't get into it. It was boring. So I left it for a while then started reading again and to my surprise I really liked it and couldn't put it down! New Moon was the best of the series.

I liked it because there wasn't so much 'Edward is perfect. Edward is an angel. Edward this. Edward that.' Gets annoying after a while :P. And Jacob is pretty cool. I dunno, I like the vampires but the book was, in my opinion, the best one. I'm not big on romance so maybe that's why I like it so much.

I'm still reading New Moon, but I've had a lot of stupid people at my school blurt out a bunch of spoilers, particularly on Breaking Dawn. x_x

xD Epic fail. Sorry about that, though. :(

Seriously, though, I told these girls that I hadn't gotten to that book yet, and they blurted out the ending anyway. *headdesk*