Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Well I found TDN in March of 06, wasn't active until April though. That was when the Altador plot was just beginning and my old fan site resource had nothing on it.

TDN opened October 17th, 2005

That's from the About Us page

It is still the 11th in Ian's time so that is the date I used in the date counter thing. That means that TDN has been around for a total of............. 907 days!

But that's not all! 907 days can also be expressed as:

* 78,364,800 seconds

* 1,306,080 minutes

* 21,768 hours

* 129 weeks (rounded down)

* 2 years, 5 months and 25 days

Pretty cool :D

It's called a search engine... Google gives me all my useless sites.

Although it was Dillon who told me about the minicity.

Well yes, that's true. I found TDN by accident I believe, although I don't remember exactly how...

I found TDN through an affiliation button on NHFA, a site that totally sucks compared to TDN.

YES!! Affiliations work!!!! Who figured?

Oh, check this out!

080410.jpg

Its a 2001: A Space Odyssey reference at the end there I believe.

o_O Weird, but somehow amusing. :P

I've tried checking for TDN on several Neopets topsites lists, but it doesn't seem to be included on any of the ones I've found with Google... does anybody have an explanation for this?

Uhh, because those sites suck? :P

One thing I have noticed is that Battledome items in Jellyneo's Item Database have links to tdnBattlepedia. That's a pretty good affiliate connection to have.

Also, I haven't seen 2001: A Space Odyssey yet. Well I haven't seen all of it yet. I watched the first half but then switched it off because it was so overwhelmingly boring. Of course, I never got to the best part, which is obviously Hal, the rouge robot thing going nuts. I suppose I'll have to rewatch the movie...

I personally prefer the book to the movie, although I guess everybody has different opinions.

Well many people would agree that the book is usually always better than the movie. No matter how good a job Stanley Kubrick did at making the movie, it still wouldn't be able to include all the information and themes that the book did.

This is usually the case for most movies that originate from books :yes:

But there are, of course, always the cases of the books that are based on movies. :yes:

It is? I didn't know that... But then again, I didn't even know there was a 2001 book before AA mentioned it...

Another good movie that I watched the other day is Apocalypse Now. I really loved it. That's where my member title "The Horror...The Horror..." comes from by the way. :D

Yes, well I've heard that the movie is really good. Some would even call it a "masterpiece". So I think that I should give it another shot and try watching it again (later though :P)

*sigh* I have some reactor leaks to attend to, so I'll see you all later :D

Well I have some phone tap data to collate, so I'll be gone shortly as well. :P

And for the sake of the discussion, I've read the book but I haven't watched the movie...

So much insanity through TDN, and I can't help but think... Wow I contributed......

(I can't also stop thinking about my trades in RS... Think they been finished yet?) (Yeah, I am kinda hooked on RS for a little bit.)

We all contribute to the insanity, and thus we are all tied to it. :yes: I for one find it very hard going without the forums for even a short period of time.