Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

It's been thunderstorming practically every day and night for the past week. The upside of that is that it's been great for the garden. Everything's growing and I don't even have to think about watering it :laughingsmiley: Watching the lightning in the clouds over the bay has been nice and I'm really enjoying reading while listening to the rain on the roof and the skylight.

That's kind of how it is in NY sometimes, except it just gets really humid and/or warm instead of super hot. Because it gets relatively cold in the mornings, I usually wear a jacket to school and end up not wearing it once the afternoon arrives. <_<

I think that every state in the Northeast has a wacky climate. Even though I believe said this before (saying it again for truth), it's brutally cold in the winter and burning hot in the summer. xD

The weather is awful here. There've been weather warnings all over the news about strong winds in my area and we've definitely been caught in them. One of my trees has completely toppled over, it's probably snapped. Shame really, it was a nice tree.

That sucks Iona. You didn't get sick, did you? That probably would have gotten me sick. Weather changes ridiculously quick here.

I did feel slightly ill for a while. But I felt a lot better after a few hours of rest.

And same. My country is notorious for crazy weather changes. We rarely have nice weather though.

I'm glad you're feeling a lot better now. :)

I get irritated when the weather starts out cold. I get up for work at 5:30 and it's freezing, so I'll end up with jeans and a sweater, and by 9am, it's hot and I need AC. :laughingsmiley:

That's how the weather is where I live (and most others) when the Summertime comes, I always turn my AC on when it gets to be 80 or so degrees in the hotter months like July or August or something.

With the way the weather has been this year, I wouldn't be shocked if we got more snow this month. Our first snow came late this year. I'm hoping that means it will be a semi-mild summer.

Ok so unrelated post... and brief rule-breaking to mention something NP-related on HOP. To add to my bad day, I just lost 100K on the wheel of extravagance. man I think I'm done with that stupid thing (I'm down 400-600K now). :grrr:

So... too many doctor's appointments (and shots) lately and coming up. (No worries, it's nothing serious, just a bad cold and the way things got scheduled out this month). I like my doctor, but I wish I didn't have to go in. Plus, shots really really REALLY do not like me. I usually just about pass out when I get them. :whistle:

Plus, stress at work. bleck. Sometimes I think I need a tougher skin.

Sorry guys, just had to vent a little. We've had mostly nice weather here lately, but I almost wish it would go ahead and get hot so all the non-native plants (or at least the parts with pollen that my body doesn't like) die.

Oh and one cool thing though... I just moved into smartphone-land for the first time and got an Android phone on Saturday. Any recommendations for apps or anything I must know with the new phone? I've downloaded some of the popular free ones but I'm not sure what other people like to have.

I know what you mean about the new wheel Liz. I lost probably about 700k to it. But I did get the avatar this morning! :D No more spinning until it until I build my NP back up a little bit.

I'm sorry about all the appointments. I have to go in for a shot next month. <_< I'm just glad I'm past my allergies. When I was a kid, I had to get an allergy shot once a week.

It was absolutely pouring on my way to work, then there were about 2 blocks where it was hailing, then there was pretty much nothing for the rest of the drive.

I was supposed to get vaccination shots yesterday, but I got an allergy shot instead since I was still pretty congested from my cold. I felt pretty icky from the shot yesterday, but I feel better today (and am less congested), so yay! I have to go back for vaccinations and get them separately since I had a reaction last time. o_O I really don't like needles...

That sounds like crazy weather. We had hail earlier this year that was insane, but it's not that normal for us. A bunch of people (including my family) had to get roof and A/C repairs from all the damage. We do have sometimes when it rains while the sun is shining. That's always a little odd and fun, I think. :)

Congrats on the avatar! I'll probably stop when I get it too. That thing is driving me nuts!

I have just been really busy with school! I'm excited though because its almost the end of the school year, so summer will be here and i can play neopets all i want :)

I know, I can't wait for the Summer to come as well. More time with our Neopets, relaxing in the AC, having some Ice Cream and Lemonade to cool off as well.

It used to be before 2009, I do some Summer job training these days. I always make time to be with my Neopets each day.

For me these days, I don't want to return to high school, that Senior Project nearly drained me with finding a mentor and a please-able topic for the project, since they all have to be original and can't be clones of previous Senior Projects done be past senior classes. Pretty much all HS senior classes from 2008 onwards has to do them, and the requirements for one to graduate High School get worse every year. I'm lucky that I didn't have to community service (6 hours) as a requirement, but my younger sister has to. All the stuff the school committees do to keep students "more challenged", really.

For college, I'm wishing to go to a two year college at some point and not stress myself out, because I don't want to be stuck with four years of it like my older brother did.

I have a good luck charm necklace.It was given to my mom,but she didn't need it so she gave it to me to get my self-confidence.I've had it for 7 years and still wear it to this day as a good luck charm.If i ever lose that necklace...i'd be hopeless without it.This necklace gives me good attitude and self-confidence when i'm in tough times ^_^

8th grade is just an unforgettable and memorable experience. I've enjoyed it thus far, and I've made more friends this year and last year than ever. =)

Thinking about all the good experiences I've had during my final two years of middle school makes me dread having to go to public HS later this year even more. D:

(Side note: I've been in public school ever since I was 4, in kindergarten, and I only started realizing how sick I was of public school around last year or so.)

It was the same for me. I started in 6th grade with just me and a friend I'd grown up with. As time went by, we met people and made friends. By the end of 8th grade, there was about 15 of us in my group of friends, with probably about 5 or 6 of them being really close friends. It was just hard to leave middle school, because my group of friends spread out with what HS we went to. Only 3 of us went to the HS I went to.

Now I'm only in touch with one of them, the girl I grew up with, that started the bunch of us with me in 6th grade.

I wouldn't mind reliving my middle school years, but it'd be a lot more fun to relive my elementary school years however.

I used to have so much fun back at elementary school. Everything was rather simplex (even though I thought it was hard at first), I used to enjoy recess and occasionally stop by the playground that was nearby my school, and even participate in Mini-Society sales, too. I still have that copy of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time that I bought using play money for the mini-society (only N64 game I bought using play money, too :laughingsmiley: ), good times at that mini-society sale those fifth graders hold each year (practically every holiday season and near end of the school year if I remember correctly).

Never got around beating it, maybe someday that Zelda fandom will kick in...

Haha, elementary school was kinda boring and slightly less memorable for me. All I did was read and draw (throughout all years of elementary school) and in fourth grade, I had no friends during my recess shift so I just made comics (or read) to pass the time. I still have several huge notebooks filled with over one hundred of my crappy, pointless four-panel comics. :laughingsmiley:

I didn't like elementary school either. I either had horrible teachers (my first 3 teachers retired after I had them) or bad situations (like when I was in 3rd grade, I got placed in a mixed 3rd/4th grade class)

Elementary school was ok for me. There were some fun times, but some nasty kids to deal with.

Middle school was actually pretty bad for me because of some drama that my friends started. High school was a lot better. I started making a new group of friends, and we were good friends and there wasn't crazy drama.

I think elementary school was probably the worst for me. I didn't really have any friends that hung around long. (I usually ended up becoming friends with people that moved not long after.) Plus, I had evil teachers, or was sick. (I had ulcers in 2nd grade, and got migraines in 3rd.)

Middle school, I had friends so it was good. Not popular by any means, but no one messed with us.

And HS, it was such a huge school, there weren't really any groups or anything. I barely even saw my 2 friends. I wouldn't have even seen them if we didn't have the same lunch period.

I think elementary school was probably the worst for me. I didn't really have any friends that hung around long. (I usually ended up becoming friends with people that moved not long after.) Plus, I had evil teachers, or was sick. (I had ulcers in 2nd grade, and got migraines in 3rd.)

Middle school, I had friends so it was good. Not popular by any means, but no one messed with us.

And HS, it was such a huge school, there weren't really any groups or anything. I barely even saw my 2 friends. I wouldn't have even seen them if we didn't have the same lunch period.

Elementrary was awesome for me! I always had at least 2 good friends every year. :D

Middle school sucked. I have a lot of friends; just I get picked on too much cause of the way I act. <_< It sucks...

I don't know about high school yet- I just graduated 8th Grade TODAY :graduated:

No one ever really messed with me much. In grade school, I was kind of the defender of the kids that got picked on. (There was one boy that got picked on constantly due to his size. He still remembers me, and it's been at least 11 years since I saw him last. (He was still hanging out with an old friend of mine.)