Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Eh, it is 19 degrees here right now. I always like winter at first..but after we had three really warm days, I'm just not okay with the cold and snow again.

I'm looking forward to DD this year. I actually have the time to put some serious effort into it this year, so I'm hoping I can get a good trophy and prizes.. =)

It's 28 degrees right now, but we have nearly 50% humidity (which is a ton for here) so it feels super cold. I am not amused. <_<

I'm really looking forward to DD. I hope to get the top trophy this year. (A couple games messed me up last year.)

I've never been too big on Flash games, so the Daily Dare is pretty minor as far as my calendar goes. But the staff tourney sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. xD

Oh, your're from Malaysia? :D

I went there for summer 2 years ago. My mum grew up in KK and I have a huge number of relatives who live there whom I'd never even heard of before I visited. Got the shock of my life when I went to a family reunion there. My grandmother has loads of sisters and a few brothers (cannot even remember how many) so the family is huge as pretty much all of them had children and grandchildren. All Chinese I'll add, and I'm half Chinese but I don't speak much, so I had difficulty communicating (though a percentage of them spoke English, so that made it ok).

Sometimes the weather was hard to cope with as it was overly humid there and where I live it is the complete opposite. Also, we hardly had time to relax because of all the invitations to visit relatives or go out to eat in restaurants. It felt like all I did was eat that holiday, it was too much for me :( But it was a great experience all the same :)

Heh, yeah, isn't the Malaysian-Chinese culture just wonderful? :P I went to visit my relatives up in Bintulu (I live in Kuching) not too long ago, and I'm pretty sure I ended up significantly heavier after that trip. xD But I'm pretty scrawny anyway, so yeah.

I enjoy plots. I really enjoy plots. :P And the Altador Cup. But apart from that, I don't usually get super-excited for stuff (unless it involves beautiful code of some sort).

Hmm, interesting, very interesting. I'm making my picks right now for the staff tournament. There are a lot more of you guys than I realized. Good thing there's a profile page :) I kind of feel bad picking people to be on the bottom rankings though :rolleyes_anim:

TFR was an exceptionally good plot indeed. :yes: The AJAX coded puzzles were... bliss. <3

And as far as fansites go, our team is actually relatively small. And not everyone is taking part in the tournament. xD

Heh, well, I was actually around and aware of the Curse of Maraqua and Lost Desert plots when they happened - I was just too dumb to participate. xD Fortunately I decided to take a look around for Faerie Crossword tips, stumbled across TDN, and got hooked onto the Altador Plot coverage when it showed up. :yes:

Let's see how many plots I can recall off the top of my head... names may not be accurate.

Virtupets, Neopetsv2, Mystery Island Volcano, Curse of Maraqua, Lost Desert, Altador Plot, Cyodrake's Gaze, Tale of Woe, Return of Sloth, Atlas of the Ancients, and The Faeries Ruin. My memory fails. xD

That's at least three site themes I'll never get. :(

I got lucky with the AotA plot. I accidentally stumbled across that orchid on a page, and they considered that participating in the plot. :laughingsmiley: I found out when I accidentally went into Moltara's Town Hall when I was trying to collect the Green Worm, and I got the site theme and avatar.

If I could go back and do any plot, it would be the Curse of Maraqua. I'd sooo love to have one of those avatars as well.

I'd probably do the Maraqua, Lost Desert and Cyodrake's Gaze plots as well, just for the site themes. The first two were pretty awesome plots too from what I hear (and if I recall correctly the Lost Desert plot was the Yurble janitor's first appearance). :yes:

Hmm. Yeah, there are times when I wish TNT would (if only briefly) re-release some of the older exclusive themes. But I suppose that would be unfair to the themes' current holders. :(

The Lost Desert plot was pretty cool though. :yes: I read the solutions after it ended, even though I didn't participate. xD

Every time i went on hiatus, there were like three plots i missed xD Made my first account in April 2001, went on hiatus, came back in June 2006 on a new account, went on hiatus, came back in April 2010, and here i am, having only caught TFR :P

Pretty sure there was a Desert PB as a prize. The theme was really pretty though. :D

The snow is sooo beautiful outside :wub_anim:

They're knitting needles. :laughingsmiley: (I don't know how to knit, but Livvy and I have joked many times on this board, about sitting in rocking chairs and knitting, so she made that for me.) It's my "Staffatar" for TDN's Staff Daily Dare Tournament.

Ahh I see. I visualized that in my head just now. Ehe :D

Yupyup! Those are my pixels. ^_^ Do you like them?

Most of the staffatars have jokes/meaning behind them. Which I am not at liberty to discuss. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Yeah they're all pretty neat! :P

I won't ask then, hehe.

Back on to the current topic.

Plots? I didn't do many of the earlier ones because I was young and I wasn't that familiar with how neopets worked. I'd only go on to play games and such. I truly was a n00b at this point.

The first plot I actually did was Journey to the Lost Isle, which I think was some sort of mini plot. Then I did Return of Dr Sloth, Atlas of the Ancients and Faerie Ruins, but didn't do very much of them due to being busy etc.

I was actually 16 when I joined Neopets in 2002. (I turned 17 2 months later.) So my excuse wasn't being young, I was just simply clueless. I talked to my couple of friends, played with my pets, shopped, played games. I would occasionally read the news, but that was it.

I started using TDN when my account was 7.5 years old. And until my husband started playing, and started Googling Neopets help sites, I didn't even know they existed. Everything I'd done on my account those 7.5 years, I did on my own. I use to have a notebook with dailies like Coltzan's Shrine, Snowager, etc written down, along with how often, and the times I could go. All the avatars I had up to that point, I'd stumbled across on my own. So for the first 7.5 years, I had no idea what was going on. I've learned more in the last year and a half, then I had in the first 7.5. :laughingsmiley:

Haha, yeah I know exactly what you mean about being clueless. :P

I joined a guild in 2007/2008ish I think. Then I sort of grew up with it lol. People would talk about neopets, share tips and help was readily available. They also mentioned useful sites and from then I started using the help sites. I learned a lot with that guild.. too bad it closed down. I'm now in a guild that formed from the guildless members of my old guild but it's not the same, the atmosphere has died.

EDIT: LOL, I just checked. I was 8 when I joined...