Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

:laughingsmiley: Sorry. I just got this image in my head of Meghan running around in boxing gloves.

I'm sorry all that happened CAV. :( It's hard for everyone when something happens, like you're family is going through. Some are better at dealing with the stress than others. Some handle it horribly and go completely weird. (Like my sister, when my grandma died. Her way of dealing with the loss, was anger. So she argued with everyone, more than normal.)

It's not fair to you, for him to act that way, but the best you can do is try to be as patient as possible. Arguing won't help. Telling him he's wrong won't help, most likely. All I can think of is a calm discussion about it. If it starts to get heated or emotional, stop, wait until things calm down, and try another time. Go into the conversation, telling him you want it to be calm and tell him ahead of time that if it stops being a calm discussion, you'd prefer to continue it another time. Maybe ask your grandma to sit in on it, since she seems to be pretty involved. And possibly your brother as well. I don't know how old he is, but everything, including the arguments are affecting him as well. I'm sure he doesn't want to see you hurting like this.

It's not fair to you, for him to act that way, but the best you can do is try to be as patient as possible. Arguing won't help. Telling him he's wrong won't help, most likely.

I know, but I couldn't sit there and let him accuse me of things. I knew he was pissed. The plan was to just walk away. But I was already in my room when things started, so I had nowhere to go. And he was falsely accusing me. I can't let that go and make him believe he's right.

And like I said, it doesn't matter the situation, but by using the "I'm a parent, you the child" excuse, you automatically lose the arguement at hand, since it's been proven several times that it's not vaild, and instead it's a crutch.

If it happens again, maybe you could you have tell him you need some time to cool off and tell him you'll come to him.

I know. It's like the "Because I said so." But saying it's not valid, whether it is or not, will just upset him more.

He might question where I'm going, or continue to argue.

Next time it happens, I'm getting dressed, and leaving for the night. I'll ride the trains all night. Or at least until I calm down and dad is willing to calm down as well.

I know. It's like the "Because I said so." But saying it's not valid, whether it is or not, will just upset him more.

I cannot tell a lie. :P

And he was constantly force feeding me that excuse. I eventually had to say something.

CAV, there's a big difference between telling a lie, and not saying something. It's not even a lie of omission if he didn't ask if it's a valid argument. Sometimes, some things are better left unsaid, true or not, for the sake of not upsetting someone.

Sorry that you had such a terrible time yesterday, CAV.

Unfortunately, parents have some really irrational fights with their kids sometimes. People tend to get upset, hurt, or angry about something, and then they take it out on other people by starting inappropriate fights about nonsense issues. Heck, even I do that sometimes.

When my mum flies off the handle, she says horrible, nasty things that simply aren't true. She knows, in her mind, that they aren't true, but she says them anyway. It's like she's saying these things to purposely try to hurt someone else, so that she has someone to share her pain. Arguing with it does no good, since it's an emotional reaction, and you can't reason with emotion.

I know it's hard to think this way, but really try not to take it personally. Yes, it was an attack against you, but the root cause is probably not you. Since you don't even know exactly what the root cause is, and there is likely nothing you can do to solve the root cause, it's really best to just try to let it slide, and try to lay low.

I know what he said isn't true, but even with my huge temper I don't go screaming "I HATE YOU" or anything like that.

CAV, there's a big difference between telling a lie, and not saying something. It's not even a lie of omission if he didn't ask if it's a valid argument. Sometimes, some things are better left unsaid, true or not, for the sake of not upsetting someone.

There was a silly face for a reason.

We have free health care here in the UK too, but I suspect that Canada is generally a more exciting place to visit. My friend did a gap year working on an Alpaca farm in Canada (possibly Ontario but I can't really remember) and it looked awesome from the photos. I've been wanting to go to Quebec ever since I was 12 and there was a picture in our French book of an amazing ice-sculpture contest there...bit weird I know!

I've been wanting to go to Quebec ever since I was 12 and there was a picture in our French book of an amazing ice-sculpture contest there...bit weird I know!

That's not weird at all. I love ice sculptures. I think they have contests here in Colorado. But I really want to go to Alaska during the winter. My dad took a bunch of pictures in AK during winter, and there were ice sculptures everywhere. They advertised businesses, schools, designs. I want to see them myself.

That sounds brilliant! I saw someone doing a small ice sculpture once, it was meant to be a swan but he accidentally lopped off the neck so he turned it into a horses head instead, was still pretty impressive. I like the sand sculptures too. It's amazing what people can do :)

You guys know how trees need support when their really small?

Well I just saw the word 'crutch' while reading the last page and felt the need to share that on the way home I saw a tree with crutches duct-taped to either side. xD

Hi, new guy. ^^

Sorry about the thing with your dad, CAV. :(

-not sure what to say-

Hi, new guy. ^^

Sorry about the thing with your dad, CAV. :(

-not sure what to say-

That new guy is my little brother :D

I just read that CAV and I'm sorry too :(