Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Nevermind Spritzie... Nevermind... xD

Btw, I had an interesting day today.

Some random person in a car that i've never seen before flipped me off while they drove by... xD

Oh and I failed horribly at wrapping something. I ended up taking scraps of wrapping paper and taping them over the part where you could see what it was cause I didn't measure it right... xD

And I bought a spanish Christmas card and gave it to my friend who can't speak spanish either. 8D

Btw, I had an interesting day today.

Some random person in a car that i've never seen before flipped me off while they drove by... xD

My sister and her friend used to flip off the car behind us, out the back window of the car, while my mum was driving. They thought it was pretty funny, especially when the person they were gesturing at would reciprocate. Then, one time, the guy in the car behind us started waving at hatchet at them. They stopped doing it after that.

Oh and I failed horribly at wrapping something. I ended up taking scraps of wrapping paper and taping them over the part where you could see what it was cause I didn't measure it right... xD

Everyone fails at wrapping sometimes. I've done that before. I also ran out of wrapping paper tonight, and there's nowhere I can go to buy more until tomorrow. :(

And I bought a spanish Christmas card and gave it to my friend who can't speak spanish either. 8D

Always a good time! ;)

I haven't gotten to do any wrapping. My husband manages to use everything ahead of time. His new computer game, his WoW expansions, and now his new mouse. I don't think I'll have anything for Christmas morning for him. :laughingsmiley:

I can't imagine having your presents before the actual day, it'd feel like cheating, and then you'd be left with nothing exciting when everyone else is opening theirs, lol. I quite like wrapping presents though, although it's infinitely easier when you have a sellotape dispenser so you don't have to faff around with scissors and not losing the end of the tape, argh!

Btw, you know what I just found out? Jn has a word minimum in their games forum. D:

I know. That's annoying. I learned the hard way.

Feel free to join Sofa. We go on "field trips" to other forums and websites, and we have our own.

I like how you describe it.

I can't imagine having your presents before the actual day, it'd feel like cheating, and then you'd be left with nothing exciting when everyone else is opening theirs, lol. I quite like wrapping presents though, although it's infinitely easier when you have a sellotape dispenser so you don't have to faff around with scissors and not losing the end of the tape, argh!

Or, you could just use bags.

It's just my husband and I. So we do it whenever. With my job it's 24/7/365, so if Christmas falls on my normal work days, I have to work it. With that in mind, we decided we wouldn't make it a big deal what day we did it on knowing there will be several years in a row where I'll work Christmas.

Let me guess, WoW Cataclysm? It actually makes me want to play WoW, it looks that good.

Nope. Not yet. (Though that's probably what he's getting from his mom.) I got him the Wrath of the Lich King. (It only cost $20 because of a sale going on.)

It's just my husband and I. So we do it whenever. With my job it's 24/7/365, so if Christmas falls on my normal work days, I have to work it. With that in mind, we decided we wouldn't make it a big deal what day we did it on knowing there will be several years in a row where I'll work Christmas.

I guess it makes sense to just do things when you can if you've got a busy work schedule and have to work Christmas. What do you do for a job? I know quite a few medical people who have to work Christmas & New Year's Eve sometimes, busy keeping the rest of us alive!

I work in the data centers of a large computer company, monitoring the backups and such.

I won't be working Christmas this year, but I will be for the next 3 years. And I'm working New Years (I'm covering for the person that's supposed to work it.)

Oi, I've got to do my wrapping, too. And I'm going to be doing laundry on Christmas Eve. What fun!

I'm doing laundry too! Let's have a laundry party! haha.

I haven't gotten to do any wrapping. My husband manages to use everything ahead of time. His new computer game, his WoW expansions, and now his new mouse. I don't think I'll have anything for Christmas morning for him. :laughingsmiley:

That's pretty funny. I took my boyfriend to an NBA game for Christmas, so he got his present a few weeks ago. I get to open mine tonight, and then the rest he's going to give me when I head on the plane for Panama.

That's a good idea. I know some people do that with Thanksgiving too. As long as you pick a specific time, that's great! Just don't skip it altogether, haha. That would drive me nuts, because I love Christmas! My boyfriend works at a hospital and is super glad that he doesn't have to work Christmas Eve or day this year. His family is Italian, so they have huge gatherings with lots of food. My parents and I are going to their seven fishes dinner tonight. :)

His grandma got him a brand new laptop, I wanted to get him his first game. But his laptop arrived 2 weeks before Christmas, so I didn't want to make him wait for his first game. (He got Dragon Age Origins.) Then I decided to get him WoW. He wasn't supposed to touch it, but he had to install things, before the expansion... and next thing I knew, he was calling me at work telling me about his character. :laughingsmiley: Then I bought him a mouse, which he opened to make sure he liked it, but we never ended up putting it back in the box.

So I still have to figure out SOMETHING to give him tomorrow morning. He was so much easier with that last year. I got him an XBox 360, but he had to wait until Christmas for the Halo game.

Not to interrupt, but MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

And a Happy Boxing Day for those of you who have it tomorrow... :P

Merry Chrismtas to those whom celebrate it.

Happy Boxing Day to the Canidians, the British, the Austrailians, and Austrians if any of them exist here.

And Happy Kwanzaa if anyone here celebrates it.

I have yet to open any gifts. I've been up since 6 AM, watching the sunrise.

Merry Chrismtas to those whom celebrate it.Happy Boxing Day to the Canidians, the British, the Austrailians, and Austrians if any of them exist here.And Happy Kwanzaa if anyone here celebrates it.I have yet to open any gifts. I've been up since 6 AM, watching the sunrise.

And Kiwis!

But no, happy X-mas everybody!

Yay! That's awesome Ryan. I got a laptop too. (As did my husband) I'd never had a laptop, only a desktop. And it went out of commission this summer, due to driver issues. So it's nice to finally have a reliable computer at home.

I'd never wanted one. I preferred my desktop. But I always had internet at home and never went anywhere else. Now we go to Starbucks or Panera a lot to use the internet. Mine is a Netbook, so it's smaller. I think it weighs about 2 lbs.