Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Ah - standard variation A psychoelectromagnetic neural signal synchronisation. Of course. :yes:

Naturally, I'm tempted to make a graph and do some comparisons. But I should probably get some sleep before my next exam. xD

Heh, I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but I'd actually have to learn how to use GraphViz or GNUplot in conjunction with a data harvester script before I could do that in any time efficient manner anyway. :P

So yeah, I'll stick around until I'm done with this one last pass through the microcontroller manual...

Basically I'm saying that I probably shouldn't be doing a bunch of searches and manually entering all the data into a spreadsheet, but I haven't yet learnt to use the automated tools to generate the graph from raw search data.

That would be smart. But you're correct, there are so many jobs that rely on people doing not-smart things. :P Kind of sad, really.

I have Christmas songs stuck in my head. 'tis the season, I suppose.

Ok I saw xkcd on the last page so I just have to comment... I love that comic! I actually used two comics on the final that I wrote for my freshman college biology course. One of them was for fun on the front page, and the other I actually used for a question. :yes: I was excited about that.

Ok I saw xkcd on the last page so I just have to comment... I love that comic! I actually used two comics on the final that I wrote for my freshman college biology course. One of them was for fun on the front page, and the other I actually used for a question. :yes: I was excited about that.

Don't you just love it when you get to use something fun for a class? Especially if it can break up a grueling, monotonous task.

I'm pretty excited that my professor was awesome enough to let me write a paper on Star Trek and its moving zeitgeist. (Less so thrilled that someone else in my class is writing their paper about Justin Beiber. HOW. WHY. I'm pretty sure she's a few years older than me and the fact that she's admitted more than once to having a crush on a SIXTEEN year old freaks me so much. You are over 18, stopitnow.)

The only good Christmas song is the song from the Peanuts. And even then, there's only so many times you can imagine Snoopy dancing in your head before it gets annoying.

Don't you just love it when you get to use something fun for a class? Especially if it can break up a grueling, monotonous task.

I'm pretty excited that my professor was awesome enough to let me write a paper on Star Trek and its moving zeitgeist. (Less so thrilled that someone else in my class is writing their paper about Justin Beiber. HOW. WHY. I'm pretty sure she's a few years older than me and the fact that she's admitted more than once to having a crush on a SIXTEEN year old freaks me so much. You are over 18, stopitnow.)

Hm... how would a paper on Justen Beiber work?

I don't mind Christmas music so much... but I don't really feel like listening to it until the week of or so, especially when I'm decorating and/or wrapping presents.

I always have to listen to the Nutcracker, and I have an Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong CD that I like too.

Hm... how would a paper on Justen Beiber work?

I have no idea, I'm not sure what her thesis. What her thesis should be is: An adult's fixation on a sixteen year old popstar can have consequences such as getting dirty glares for plastering his face on your notebooks.

It's bad as it is that Justin Bieber is getting his own movie. I don't need him on anyone's piece of paper.

I can't stand hearing Christmas music.

You're like my father. T_T

I wasn't in the spirit until I listened to the NY radio station that is giving Christmas music all day long, all month long. It helped.

*wishes she could send a CD of Christmas music up to CAV*

I like Christmas music, I just prefer it to be around Christmas. :P

I have a CD. Now That's What I Call Christmas. It's old. But the radio station here gets the job done, and I'm satisfied. :)

Same here. I don't want to hear Jingle Bell Rock on Veteran's Day.

Not as much as we do. We really really need the practice. They can rehearse in their giant orchestra room.

Orchestra people generally think they're better than anyone ;) Just an F.Y.I.

Band knows we suck, and we accept it. -nodnod-

Really? Band at our school is great (and they know it.) Though orchestra does tend to hold itself a little higher than it deserves.

Hey there, don't be dissing the orchestra now :P

I dunno, the band probably things more of themselves than our orchestra. But our music department is pretty good as a whole, so I can fairly honestly say we're pretty good. Our band is usually in the top three marching bands in our region (and they were only .1 from second; .25 from first this year). We've all (chorus, band, and orchestra) competed in various places (last year we went to Chicago) and we all won first place, which was pretty awesome.

But yeah, the orchestra does need to actually rehearse on the stage. I mean, the acoustics are completely different, and believe it or not, it's harder for the orchestra to stay together because of the way the sound travels.

Anyways, Christmas music. It's not that bad, depending on who it is. I like Relient K - their Christmas album is pretty cool.