Has my account been hacked??

freesia

I tried to login with my username and password today but it keeps saying my password is wrong. When I sent a Forgot Password request through Neopets, I didn't receive any email from them after waiting for 30 mins. Has my account been hacked? I'm extremely worried... :(

Check to see if any of your pets or things in your gallery are missing. If they are, then the answer is yes. Get the account frozen for protection by filling the abuse form: http://www.neopets.com/autoform_abuse.phtml?abuse=account

Then it can take over a month to get it back...

Thanks Xepha. I've checked and my pets are still there. I don't have a gallery so I can't check. I have filled in the abuse form. Hope TNT will reply me soon. Sob...

There's something weird. After I submitted the form, I tried to go to My Ticket to check but the page wouldn't load and just keeps going to the Login page...

The abuse form isn't like a ticket. You can't be updated about it. You will know it has been taken care of when you see that your account is frozen.

Then you need to submit a detailed ticket to get your account back.

One of my good friend had to go through the process recently. And he just got his account back last week. Good luck!

Thanks for your help Xepha! Just wanna know did your friend lose any items/neopoints after he got back his account? And how long did TNT take to respond and freeze his account after he submitted the abuse form?

Sigh... I can't help but think why there are evil people on this Earth who like to hack accounts.... I have been playing for 4 years and spent lots of hours earning Nps, trophies, avatars, training my pet. I'm praying very hard that I can get everything back intact T_T

I think it took under an hour to get his account frozen. And he noticed that one of his gallery item was missing, I think. Everything else was there and he made a lot of NP from having a bunch of SSS shares that skyrocked in the stock market. (He made 10M from that...)

Everything negative, always come with a positive.

Under an hr? Wow that's fast! I submitted 2 hrs ago and seems like my account is still not frozen??? By the way, how to tell that whether my account's frozen? Sorry for asking you so many questions...

Mmm, now that I recall, I think I submitted a ticket instead of an abuse form 'cause it kept loading the Neopets Login page whenever I clicked the Abuse Form link.

Got to go to bed now as I'm really tired after a hard day's work. But I doubt I'll sleep well.

Thanks for all the encouragement! Really appreciate it 0:)

And yes, my account is frozen at the moment. Hope TNT will un-freeze it soon. Too bad I wont be able to collect the advent calendar stuff during this period. Please let all my NPs, stocks, items, pets be intact *big sigh*

Thanks for all the encouragement! Really appreciate it 0:)

And yes, my account is frozen at the moment. Hope TNT will un-freeze it soon. Too bad I wont be able to collect the advent calendar stuff during this period. Please let all my NPs, stocks, items, pets be intact *big sigh*

You know that you have to send a ticket for them to unfreeze it, right?

oooh, good luck with this, mean people 'round neopia...

oh: you may collect the advent calendar stuff, dailies, etc... on a side right now, and send this stuff back to your main when you get it back. So you may still collect all your prizes. you may even play games, because you may use 1 of your sides as a temporary main.

one more time: good luck!

TNT really should upgrade their security. I wonder why aren't they doing anything about it.... All of us work hard to earn our NPs, trophies etc... If I cant get back my account (touch wood), I will stop playing neopets. No point playing and in the end, lose everything :sad01_anim:

Thank you all for the good luck wishes! I do have a side but now not in the mood of playing until I get back my main account...

Hi all,

Just want to announce that I have gotten my account back after nearly 2 months of waiting!!! I thought I had lost my account forever T_T

However, I had lost 100-200 items in my safety deposit box and more than 1 million NP worth of stocks. Oh well... *sob*

Please TNT, I beg you pleaseeeeeee upgrade your security!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't double post simply to bump a thread. You can use the edit button if you something that you'd like to see added.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.