Random Facts

Izzy ♥

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why? Is it because its poisonous?

I think it's just because they are pretty pointy....

n Baltimore, it's illegal to throw bales of hay from a second-story window within the city limits. It's also illegal to take a lion to the movies. (What are these people thinking?)

i hope i dont have any. Or i'd be in jail. Hey Metroid can you post a picture of a thistle here or do i have to work and google it . XD

There is another silly law but it is inappropriate for the boards. And i know a couple of people who have broken that law.

Here's one on that site that I thought was rather amusing:

Florida: You are not allowed to "fart" after 6pm on Thursdays (save it for Friday!)

How do you drive with out a driver. I mean if your not purposely driveing you still driving.

In order to get into the Roman army you would have to spilt a star at the handle of the big dipper to make sure you had good eyesite (totaly random but cool i think)

And How do you drive without a driver?

I dont know. Mabey Metroid knows. Oh i have it you put a brick on the gas pedal.

Here's one:

Despite many rebuttals, it actually is possible for someone to sneeze with their eyes open.

That is a law. oh wait. Never mind heres another one

There is a Massachusetts law requiring all dogs to have their hind legs tied during the month of April.

1. Great Britain was the first country to issue postage stamps in 1840.

2. In 1685, New France used playing cards as currency because of the shortage of coins.

3. In 1693, the postage rate of a letter was determined by how much light went through the letter. The less the light went through the letter the more expensive the rate would be. This technique was referred to as candling.

4. In 1836, Mexican General Santa Anna held an elaborate state funeral for his amputated leg.

5. In 1917, Margaret Sanger was jailed for one month for establishing the first birth control clinic.

6. In 1926, a waiter in Budapest committed suicide. He left his suicide note in the form of a crossword and the police had to get help from the public to solve it.

7. In 410 A.D. Alaric the Visigoth demanded that Rome give him three thousand pounds of pepper as ransom.

8. In the first century, people used to drink goats milk to sweeten their breath.