Random Facts

Izzy ♥

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Texas, it's against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his/her possession.

so its a bad thing that i live in texas personally own about 20pairs? lol (i always get mad at my BF when he uses them, he always puts them in the oddest places)

id be supriesed if that was a real law that the police even know about it much less would enforce it, just like with most of theese

talk about putting all jewelrey repair people outta business, lol

lol well mosto f them were made an extrmly long time ago that they have just been forgotten.. however a current one that i hate is that you cant run raffles(unless you are a LEGEALLY non-profit organization), because its considered gambling... altho its not often enforced(cant imagine how many schools do it) its not somthing you want to mess with >.< along with anything else that could be thoguht of as gambling..

in detail about raffles in texas(from another fourm im apart of)

http://starcrossd.net/akon/index.php?topic=225.0

Okay here's some more:

1. In 2001, St. Patrick's Day was banned in Ireland because of the scare caused by foot and mouth disease.

2. The "Mexican Hat Dance" is the official dance of Mexico.

3. Every U.S. bill regardless of denomination costs just 4 cents to make.

4. Instead of a Birthday Cake, many Russian children are given a Birthday Pie.

5. Scatologists are experts who study feces.

i could have done without knowing that last one i think, lol

Franklin Pierce was the first U.S. President to have a Christmas tree in the White House.

German immigrant, Louis Prang was the first to bring Christmas cards to America.

In New Mexico, over eleven thousand people have visited a tortilla chip that appeared to have the face of Jesus Christ burned into it.

Well, here's some really random food-themed ones :P

1. A piece of French toast that was partially eaten by Justin Timberlake sold on eBay.

2. 850 peanuts are needed to make an 18 oz. jar of peanut butter.

3. Dandelion root can be roasted and ground as a coffee substitute.

4. Many years ago, a fish was caught that was 33 inches long and seemed to be heavier than it should. When they cut the fish, fishermen found a full of bottle of ale inside it.

5. The biggest hamburger that was served was 8,266 pounds. It was made at the Burger Fest in Seymour, Wisconsin.