Whats the worst you've ever hurt yourself?

behemothrules

One time in grade 2, I was doing dishes with my sister and I had my headphones in. Because of this, i didnt hear my mom say she was going to pour some boiling kettle water into the sink. just as I reached into the sink she poured it all over my hand, I got second and third degree burns all over my hand and wrist... not a pleasant experience :sad02:

How about you guys??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One time I was working in a restaurant kitchen and the chef put a plate on the counter that came fresh out of a 400 degree oven. He didn't tell me and I didn't see him take it out so when I turned around I grabbed it to put it in the dishwasher. That wasn't fun. :P Worst of all is that I didn't drop it but held onto it until I got back to the counter...

Needless to say; I couldn't work for the next week and a half or so. <_<

Another fun one: When I was about 6 my mom dropped a needle and couldn't find it in the carpet. I found it in my toe a little later, it went in on the bottom and came out on top through my nail.

Also, I had a black-out once while riding my motorcycle. next thing I remembered was that I was sitting on the street and my butt hurt. I went to work (same restaurant as the previous, LOL) but the pain didn't stop. Turns out my tailbone was broken. After about three months it healed and grew back together again, and then I got anther blackout and fell down a flight of stairs, on my butt, of course. Broke my tailbone again, and it never grew back together after that. so now I can wiggle my tailbone when I push on it :P

One time I was working in a restaurant kitchen and the chef put a plate on the counter that came fresh out of a 400 degree oven. He didn't tell me and I didn't see him take it out so when I turned around I grabbed it to put it in the dishwasher. That wasn't fun. :P Worst of all is that I didn't drop it but held onto it until I got back to the counter...

Needless to say; I couldn't work for the next week and a half or so. <_<

Another fun one: When I was about 6 my mom dropped a needle and couldn't find it in the carpet. I found it in my toe a little later, it went in on the bottom and came out on top through my nail.

Also, I had a black-out once while riding my motorcycle. next thing I remembered was that I was sitting on the street and my butt hurt. I went to work (same restaurant as the previous, LOL) but the pain didn't stop. Turns out my tailbone was broken. After about three months it healed and grew back together again, and then I got anther blackout and fell down a flight of stairs, on my butt, of course. Broke my tailbone again, and it never grew back together after that. so now I can wiggle my tailbone when I push on it :P

Why are you blacking out so much! :O

Luckily, I haven't had anything overly serious, other than a broken wrist as a kid... which I don't really remember... and a few months ago when I broke my finger jumping out of a car while it was still moving [not recommended lol]

I was a total klutz growing up. I was always spraining my wrists.

The highlights: When I was 9, I slammed into a wall while roller skating. I was racing someone around the rink, who cut half way. I was going too fast to stop easily and put my wrists out. I tore a bunch of ligaments and had to get a cast.

When I was about 18, my cat raced me down the stairs, I tripped over him, and fell down. Scraped up my foot so bad I couldn't wear anything but flip flops for a month, and it got infected immediately and I actually got a note from a doctor to skip work for a week. And I broke my little toe.

And most recently... when I was 22, I got a horrible sunburn on a cruise. (I was stupid, and laid on the deck for 2 hours with no sunscreen. I have extremely fair skin.) I burned so badly, I got 2nd degree burns on my legs. It took over a year for the lines to go away, due to the damage.

Why are you blacking out so much! :O

Luckily, I haven't had anything overly serious, other than a broken wrist as a kid... which I don't really remember... and a few months ago when I broke my finger jumping out of a car while it was still moving [not recommended lol]

Luckily my tailbone is the only bone I ever broke.

I always thought it was an overreaction to a medicin, because after I stopped that medicin it stopped for a while. Recently it has been coming back though, and we're doing some testing, but the doctor thinks it's Crohn's disease and this is causing me to have several vitamin- and mineral deficiencies, which in turn is causing me to black out.

I was a total klutz growing up. I was always spraining my wrists.

The highlights: When I was 9, I slammed into a wall while roller skating. I was racing someone around the rink, who cut half way. I was going too fast to stop easily and put my wrists out. I tore a bunch of ligaments and had to get a cast.

When I was about 18, my cat raced me down the stairs, I tripped over him, and fell down. Scraped up my foot so bad I couldn't wear anything but flip flops for a month, and it got infected immediately and I actually got a note from a doctor to skip work for a week. And I broke my little toe.

And most recently... when I was 22, I got a horrible sunburn on a cruise. (I was stupid, and laid on the deck for 2 hours with no sunscreen. I have extremely fair skin.) I burned so badly, I got 2nd degree burns on my legs. It took over a year for the lines to go away, due to the damage.

Oh cats are very dangerous pets indeed, I've had a few "incidents" involving cats myself haha :)

I've luckily never broken a bone, but the worst clutzy moment I've had (and I've had a few...) was when I was 8 and tripped over my shoe laces while walking up a wooden staircase. One of my newly emerging teeth snapped and pierced through my bottom lip. It was swollen for about 2 weeks but I just avoided stitches. The only real problem was that my teeth formed a little strangely and now I have braces and have to keep them on for about 3 years. Got a pretty good scar out of it too!

I have never broken any bones or gotten any sprains O.O

When I was younger my fingers got slammed into a car trunk, though. I've also had quite a few crazy scrapes. I fell five feet into a blackberry bush once, trying to fill a bird feeder. Haha. Never had horrible sunburns, despite the fact that I'm a redhead. No concussions.... never even fell out of a tree, and considering how many trees I've climbed that's a feat.

I better knock on wood... like. now. *knocks on wood*

Yeah. I donno. I was raised to be pretty cautious.

I haven't really had any serious or some-what serious injuries. The worst I've gotten was falling down and scraping both knees about two ellipses with major and minor axis of length 1 in and 0.5 in.

*Waits to be glared at*

Sorry, I'm just a cautious guy.

*high-fives queensorchadragon*

Not a lot, actually, if any. But when I was 12, I was running my hand along a wooden fence at school, and got a splinter under my nail on the middle finger of my right hand. When having it removed (i had to wait ages for that), they made me breathe this gas and it felt like a dream. And then I felt light after. I was with my Nanna, Mum was working.

I've never had any serious injuries (nor have I broken any bones), but I once fell down the stairs twice in one week back in grade 6.

I fell down almost a whole flight of stairs while walking to art class, and then I fell down the stairs outside my apartment.

I've also had some bad sunburns. I remember getting one above my waist when I was 12, and when I found out I was burnt, I was wearing denim shorts (which hurt a lot).

And over the summer, I was applying my own sunscreen and didn't cover my shoulders/back very well, so I got burnt there and couldn't wear sleeveless shirts and slim-fitting shirts properly for several days.

I don't get injured much these days but I'll post these two:

1. I got hit in the face with a dodgeball (or some red ball of some sort) back in elementary school.

2. I accidentally slammed the door on my right hand back in 2005, I was rushed into the hospital to have it all fixed.

That is one childhood blunder that I don't to see happening again, I've been a lot more careful after that incident.

Good god some of your things sound so painful D:

I've have had some seriously bad headaches in my time, one of which made me go blind in my left eye for a while. When I was 2 I got horrifically sunburned all over my body and had to go to hospital, I got blisters all over my body and had to sleep on my knees and elbows. I don't remember how painful it was but I remember crying a lot during that time. I also got sunburned again when I was 14 and had to sleep in wet clothes for a few weeks and could barely move. It left me with some permanent skin damage on my shoulders. Moral of the story: WEAR SUNSCREEN.

I'm really thankful I've never broken any bones, it sounds super painful. My boyfriend had an operation to put wire in his finger today cause he broke it coming off his bike, grimmm D:

when i was around 10 I was playing football (soccer) and I'm always the goalkeeper .. we were playing against some older kids and one of them sent a very strong shot my way .. I jumped to catch it and landed on my right wrist ... but he didn't stop - he slid and kicked my hand to get the ball ... the pain was horrible but I somehow finished the match ! Turned out i broke my wrist - i was in a cast for a month ... luckily I am left handed ...

when I was 17 .. I was playing basketball and the opposition was really tall .. I was going for a lay-up when the guy blocked me violently and sent me sprawling to the ground .. I tore the gastrocnemius muscle in my leg and dislocated my shoulder ...

when I was 22 ... I got my left hand slashed with a knife ... I won't go into details but it was really bad and I still have a scar until now ... it happened on the day before my mom's birthday and she fainted when she knew about it ... was a really miserable day :(

I've never broken anything. Quite surprised at that too xD The worst thing I've done though is I tripped,fell down the stairs,and hit my back and head off the wall really hard. It only hurt for about 15 minutes. I've also almost fell down our basement stairs ( I can catch myself as there is a rail there,luckily too as I would've hit cement). Though my little brother fell off a stool( sort of like a bar stool,no back), came down and hit his chin off a really sharp part of metal on it. It wasn't a pretty sight, but he luckily didn't need stitches.

Back in grade six I was playing soccer outside during recess and it was pouring rain and when one of my friends passed me the ball I missed kicking it and slipped on the grass. When I tried to break my fall with my right arm all my weight was too much for it and I ended up breaking my humerous. Was very painful.

When I was six, I was holding a vase (dunno why), and I wanted to show it to my mother, so I started running, tripped, and there was glass IN my hands:( it had to heal a long time:(((

And the times i fell out of a tree aren't countable on 2 hands;)

I think I've been fairly cautious and/or lucky. The worst that's happened to me is gashing open the back of my hand on some broken glass. I think I might have some form of nerve damage now, though it healed up on its own. Probably should have just gone to the doctor anyway.

I have a few occasions I can remember...

Stepping on a piece of glass and having it lodged in my foot for almost a few weeks because I only got bits and pieces out, so it shattered inside of my foot, uck.

When I was like 8, I wanted to cut a lemon for my apple so that my apple would stay fresh. Well, as I was cutting the lemon, I pressed too hard, my hand slipped, and I cut deep into my ring finger almost to the bone. I still have a scar on my finger from that. So much BLOOD :(

When I was little, I was afraid of the dark, so I used to sneak into my brother's bed and sleep next to him. This one particular night, I slept on the top bunk with my brother on the side without a railing. In the middle of the night, in my sleep, I fell out and sprained my jaw really badly. I woke up in pain and so confused. So awful... I couldn't eat properly for a few days.

A couple years ago I was in an accident with my horse where he hit a hole and went down at a very fast canter/near gallop. I went flying and hit head first, but luckily was knocked unconscious before completely hitting the ground. I woke up very dazed and confused with of course a concussion, a completely snapped collar bone, broken nose in several places, and of course superficial scratches on my face, eyes, and even in my mouth from the rocks and dirt I hit. Got my neck and spine twisted too. I had to get a plate and screws put in to get my collar bone together but everything else besides my neck healed up fine. Still working on getting my neck right and it's still extremely painful, the bones rotate out of place and get stuck pushing into muscles which are still in knots from the accident. Luckily my horse wasn't harmed!

It could have been much worse and really wasn't all that bad but this is the worst that has happened to me. I'm a VERY cautious person. Never even climbed trees or anything similar as a kid lol. Besides other minor accidents, once I cut my finger down to the bone while trying to cut a wet potato and it was sooo gross D: I refuse to cut anything round or wet anymore lol.

I wound up into the emergency room once when I was 2. I was doing ballet in the kitchen and when I spun around I collided with the stove. the scar is with me to this day.