What is your non-digital hobby?

Khalon

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't do a lot of things non-digitally. xD I would suppose reading, because I get too distracted when I read on a digital medium (... e-books just make me want to go on the internet). Also drawing, but most of my drawings turn digital when I redraw them and color them in Photoshop.

Oh! Ice-skating. That can't be digitalized. ;D

• 1 month later...

If I wasn't on my computer, I would sketch, draw and reading novels.

And in a few times, I would bake some sweets.

Playing Football.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I love knitting, reading and baking. :) I'm working on a baby blanket right now -- hopefully I can get a bit of a stockpile of them before people I know start having babies again. I am sooooo slow, and I live in fear of not getting presents finished on time, haha. :) I made a blanket for my niece a year and a half ago, and I only finished it a week before the shower -- and I started when my sister-in-law first STARTED trying to get pregnant, not when I found out! XD I also made my niece a knit toy elephant, and I finished sewing it together on the day of her birthday party. :P

Any sport, reading, cooking, baking, embroidery, drawing... the list of things I love to do is endless!! I wish I had time for all my hobbies, and there's other things I want to learn, too. Maybe when I'm retired or something. :laughingsmiley:

To be honest, I've never been a shower singer. I think I've done it maybe 3 or 4 times, but I'm not habitual about it. I need music in order to sing :)

Haha you need a shower radio. I don't sing ever - in the shower or out - but I know quite a few people who get their jam on with the radio while they shower. :P

I used to live in a small town in New Zealand where outdoor activities were basically the only things you could do for entertainment...and because I was a chef there I got a decent discount off most of the stuff my hotel offered - so I had fun :D Now that I live in NY and am flat broke, there isn't much jumping off cliffs and bridges for me! :( I would love to do it again some time though - as I'm horrible at sports (I have three left feet) it's the only real "action" I ever get :P

I live in New Zealand =). And I really would love to go bungee jumping! It's a definite on my to-do list. But that's the closest I would ever go to extreme sports, or sports at all. I'm rather lazy to be honest XD. I'll play a sport if it's with friends just for the fun of it or to pass time, but otherwise I'm more or an artsy person =). I still don't think ballet counts as a sport as well =).

• 3 weeks later...

I don't do a lot of things that are..err 'non-digital'. I draw mostly (just cartoons), I've tried painting before (and failed). Other than that, not much. I don't have a musical talent though when I can, I want to learn how to play violin! I sometimes read, but even that's somewhat digital. No digital screen is going to replace the amazing smell of a book though, or that crisp noise that comes from a book when you're first to open it, or the more recent reader as even old books make the same noise after sometime! Ahh, books. ^_^

Okay lets see. I am an Equine Professional so I don't know if I can put horses down as my hobby since it is my job. But it is an awesome job and I LOVE it! I suppose Fox Hunting would be my horsey hobby now. We don't actually hunt foxes anymore, it's a drag hunt.

I have found I really enjoy identifying birds. Yes, I know this makes me a huge nerd!

I love mountain climbing and snowboarding anything outside really.

And reading of course!!

• 3 weeks later...

OOooh Hobbies!

Cleaning.

Reading.

Music, LOTS of music. (Probably too much for your computer)

Playing Airsoft (I have an M4 model special custom from Evike.com called the Fighting Cat II)

Slowly learning Japanese, German and Korean.

Crocheting :P

I'm glad I'm not the only one who considers cleaning as a hobby! :P I read a lot, and do lots of bird watching. I'm trying to save up for a better camera to use when I'm out bird watching or hiking. The camera I have right now just isn't doing the trick. Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent one this summer.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who considers cleaning as a hobby! :P I read a lot, and do lots of bird watching. I'm trying to save up for a better camera to use when I'm out bird watching or hiking. The camera I have right now just isn't doing the trick. Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent one this summer.

I'll tell ya what, cleaning is one of the best hobbies ever. It's immediate gratification! I love it!

I just wish everyone loved it, too. I'm not a germ-a-phobe... but some of the things I see is gross.

I'll tell ya what, cleaning is one of the best hobbies ever. It's immediate gratification! I love it!

I just wish everyone loved it, too. I'm not a germ-a-phobe... but some of the things I see is gross.

I agree! Things are just so much nicer and more enjoyable when they're clean. :P

I don't have one

Well I used to play volleyball and played beach volleyball nationals and indoor nationals and ontario summer games

And I used to sing opera and play piano

but now I'm a computer bum and a programmer who makes cool games for fun

and I play pokemon and mario kart

oh yea speedcubing. Also speedcubing. Lovin da rubik's cube

My non-digital hobby? Well, I guess that excludes Skyrim on my PS3? xD

I like to read and just watch movies. I like being outside too. Ironic for a hermit. I don't really have a hobby. Oh, my.

Aquatic fish. I started doing intense research on fishes after receiving two goldfish from school. But I realized goldfish need large tanks that I can not handle. As of now I have a 55 gallon tank with a pair of fish from an African lake. They had bred multiple times and had their third batch of babies last week. Each batch consists of about 100 babies. hard hobby to maintain, but very worthwhile.

Aquatic fish. I started doing intense research on fishes after receiving two goldfish from school. But I realized goldfish need large tanks that I can not handle. As of now I have a 55 gallon tank with a pair of fish from an African lake. They had bred multiple times and had their third batch of babies last week. Each batch consists of about 100 babies. hard hobby to maintain, but very worthwhile.

That's really cool! I did something like that in HS. We took care, and bred, tilapia. It was a very cool experience.

That's really cool! I did something like that in HS. We took care, and bred, tilapia. It was a very cool experience.

haha Thanks :) I actually never heard of tilapia. What kind of fish is that? I am currently raising kribensis and L144 pleco in my 55 gallon tank. I also have red cherry shrimps in a 10 gallon by my bedside.

haha Thanks :) I actually never heard of tilapia. What kind of fish is that? I am currently raising kribensis and L144 pleco in my 55 gallon tank. I also have red cherry shrimps in a 10 gallon by my bedside.

It's a type of fish that you normally see in like, stores. You filet them. After I took care of the fish, the sound of tilapia filet makes me sick to my stomach. Here's the wiki on them. I mean, they weren't the prettiest fish but, it was still really neat. I've never heard of kribensis or cherry shrimps. o.o I'm not good with fish names. D:

Drawing and in particular, making coloring books for my friends. I'm glad they like them as much as I like making them.

I also build sets for our school's plays and musicals, which take up about 8 months of my life every year.

Well, I'm very techy person, so I don't have a lot of hobbies away from technology :P

Though I enjoy sketching, reading, birdwatching, going for walks and photography. I'm also writing a Cartoon script with a friend. It's our life dreams to get it made one day, whether it be a TV or Web show.