Leedom111's Art

leedom111

Your art is SO BEAUTIFUL! Don't doubt yourself and your talent :3

Everyone has already said it but it's true, TNT has a lot of see and they can't accept every single art work out there, especially for pet days.

I've entered one picture for the AG and it hasn't been accepted...but at least my older work did ^^

Just enjoy yourself and know that you have a great gift :3

I don't mean to be a hog of your talents, but would you mind doing some art for my draik when you have some spare time? You can find him and his story + a ref pic for his character here:

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Gunnslinger

Also, it would be awesome if you could integrate the petpet in the art piece.

(Important for the petpet, Oy has big gold-rimmed eyes. Ref pic for the character of the petpet: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs45/i/2009/089/5/1/My_Billy_Bumbler_by_Carolyne.jpg This apparently is fan art but this is exactly the way I imagine him. :) Here's another ref pic, I really like this one too. http://images.wikia.com/darktower/images/3/33/Oyboehmke.jpg )

If you don't have time for me, don't worry, I understand. :)

I will make time for all my requests, eventually :P

Another day, another rejected AG submission...

Here's what didn't get in for Wocky Day :I

faerie-wocky.jpg

Apparently they don't like watercolor or something.

It's awfully discouraging, because if I draw something for a specific day, I have no idea if it'll get in or not.

hi .. Leedom

I once stumbled upon a petpage which included tens of submitted/rejected AG entries + NT comix ... the page owner was only displaying them for Nostalgia sake .. and they were all gorgeous ...

IDK what's wrong with TNT ... :mellow:

I will make time for all my requests, eventually :P

faerie-wocky.jpg

It's awfully discouraging, because if I draw something for a specific day, I have no idea if it'll get in or not.

That's so beautiful!! I cant believe it didn't get in D:

It's stupid if they're not accepting entries based on medium :/ I really love watercolour, and I think it's far more interesting looking than the regular PS stuff you see on the AG. I paint watercolour pictures too but no where near as good as you XD

faerie-wocky.jpg

My carrots your Wocky Day art is so beautiful; how can it not get in? I have to admit; your artwrork is much better than some of those other Wocky Day entries that actually got in (no offense to them, really)! I guess TNT won't open up to different styles of artwork.

I believe in you, Leedom! *nods*

Digital or watercolour, you still have great artwork Leedom111.

By the way, that Faerie Wocky came out wonderfully. Even if TNT rejected your artwork, I (as well as other TDN users) would never reject something this elegant. This picture really made my Wocky Day complete as well, hence not being a Wocky person myself.

Are there any other watercolour pieces that you've whipped up? It's pretty grand that I'm seeing you conquer different mediums of art in this thread. ^_^

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone ^_^ I really appreciate your kind words.

I think that instead of being bummed that my work is not being accepted, I should see this as an opportunity to step it up and really push myself!

Speaking of, here's some artwork to commemorate the end of Treasure Keepers. I'm really disappointed that it's ending :(

farewell-tk-large.jpg

Also, doing some actual acrylic painting is making me really appreciate how much easier it is to paint digitally :P

Leedom, your artworks have never failed to impress me. I really love the landscape (and the Cybunny and Doglefox of course) a lot, it truly brings out that certain 'end' of something! It's sad to see that TNT is going to close Treasure Keepers down though; I really liked that game! :wub_anim:

That Treasure Keepers picture is so lovely! Something like that would take me weeks and weeks o_O

I was never into Treasure Keepers, but that is one lovely sunset picture you whipped up Leedom111. Only things I'm good at artistically are pencil drawings, I'm no master at digital art sadly. :(

Oh man that treasure keepers artwork is gonna make me cry :sad02: I loved the art style they used for that game, and you captured the essence of the game and the characters so well :D

i agree with everyone .. the TK portrait is very beautiful

but if it's sunset , shouldn't the horizon be reddish ?? or did you make it a sunrise ?? like .. the last sunrise on these characters before they're erased mmm ... wiped out ?

but if it's sunset , shouldn't the horizon be reddish ?? or did you make it a sunrise ?? like .. the last sunrise on these characters before they're erased mmm ... wiped out ?

The pictures I found for reference mostly had this color. I wound up sticking with it because it was easier to color-pick from the photos :P

Maybe there are some conditions where the sky doesn't turn red? I don't know XD

This just got into the AG, so that makes me feel good :D

I still don't know about my simpler drawings, though @___@

Here's my latest work. Kinda tried to do something like lilangel. I wound up putting less time into the shading and background than I would have liked, though.

peppermint-queen-large.jpg

I'll try to get some requests done when I finish up with holiday theme art

Hey Leedom, I have a question about the art gallery so I hope this isn't out of place ^^;. I figured an AG reg would be able to help me out here... Do you have an idea how many days in advance artwork has to be submitted to get into the art gallery? I used to regularly submit to the AG but that was 7 years ago so I'm not sure. I'm asking because I'm rather enthusiastic about doing neopets art since it's been so long xD. I wanted to submit for Borovan day but I wonder if I submit 1 or 2 days ahead if it's too late.

Anyways, your art looks great! I love the creativity and ambiance of it. And it's awesome to meet other neopets artists!

Hey Leedom, I have a question about the art gallery so I hope this isn't out of place ^^;. I figured an AG reg would be able to help me out here... Do you have an idea how many days in advance artwork has to be submitted to get into the art gallery? I used to regularly submit to the AG but that was 7 years ago so I'm not sure. I'm asking because I'm rather enthusiastic about doing neopets art since it's been so long xD. I wanted to submit for Borovan day but I wonder if I submit 1 or 2 days ahead if it's too late.

Anyways, your art looks great! I love the creativity and ambiance of it. And it's awesome to meet other neopets artists!

I'm honored that you would ask me ^_^

Unfortunately, I have no idea XD Sorry that I don't know, but I can give you my best guess.

I think that there is a window of opportunity when your pic can be chosen. I'm not sure if theme days open at the beginning of the month, or a few weeks before, or what. To be safe, earlier is probably better. You could try submitting it a couple of times as the day draws closer to make sure you hit the window.

You might be cutting it close with one or two days. Since the news comes out a day before, you could miss the day you're submitting for. Also TNT doesn't work weekends, so you will probably miss a monday event if you submit during the weekend.

I don't know when exactly I submitted my Borovan Day entry, but I drew it on the 13th, so then or later.

I also wonder if a popular species day gets "filled up" with entries early, or if they leave some spots for more last minute editions.

I'll try to make a note of what I submit and when it gets in. Sometimes it's a little tricky to keep track because I (try to) submit three different things each day XD

I might think of submitting a ticket (under FAQ, maybe) asking about it. I asked about how they choose entries and they answered that (they have judges go through the entries)

i want to share something regarding that issue as well, it might not big or confirmed, but i hope this worth it.

i won 2 times, during flotsam day and during Game Master Challenge.

the time of art submission : exactly a day before it gets featured.

i have many of my submissions did not get through when i submitted it early.

i don't have the exact figure how early it is, but i can tell that it is more than a day before it gets featured.

how do the judge pick the winner?

do not bore them.

and i find both of your arts did not bore me (and many other people like you see in leedom thread as well) so they are AG-product :)

how to make the art is not boring... thats the question i need to ask you!

how your arts become like that?

that might be the big key. my 2 cents.

Hmm yea I'm guessing at least 3 days in advance would be best. I can't seem to find it right now, but I remember reading somewhere on the site that it takes them a while to go through the entries and to try again in a week or 2 if it didnt get in. I was trying to look through the last few AG features for the dates and compare them to Leedom's work that got in (since she so nicely dates her artwork xD).

I guess I was just hoping that my borovan day entry wasn't a waste of time, but I'm pretty sure now that I submitted it too late (not that I'm sure it would've gotten in anyways). I submitted it around 12AM NST on monday morning, and I noticed the new AG page up about 12 hrs later (not sure when it was actually put up). I didn't realise it would be posted a day early either, so yeah.

Anyways, I guess if I get in in the future I'll try to keep track too. It would be nice to know, considering the time and effort put into submissions, it would be nice if at least they got a chance to look at it and consider it =P

You have a very bold, bright style! I admire your daring color choices. In particular, I really like your drawing of the chocolate Cybunnies because it looks like you've added some kind of texture to it? It looks very nice! I also really like the out-of-focus foreground you created in the picture for queensorchadragon. It creates a lovely, short depth of field.

Anyways, I guess if I get in in the future I'll try to keep track too. It would be nice to know, considering the time and effort put into submissions, it would be nice if at least they got a chance to look at it and consider it =P

I know, right? Someone should send a ticket and ask about it.

You have a very bold, bright style! I admire your daring color choices. In particular, I really like your drawing of the chocolate Cybunnies because it looks like you've added some kind of texture to it? It looks very nice! I also really like the out-of-focus foreground you created in the picture for queensorchadragon. It creates a lovely, short depth of field.

Thanks for the compliments :D And... I think you mean Usuls? Anyway, I find that adding textures often helps out the visual interest of artwork. Just try to match the feel with a texture (coarse or smooth, faint or strong, etc). There's a ton of textures available for free at http://www.cgtextures.com/

AGH I can't believe I missed Ogrin day! Not necessarily that my piece would have gotten in (it's kind of old) but I didn't even get a shot. I wasn't paying attention to the calender and usually the "subject" list on the submit page is in order, but they had Ogrin day at the bottom :( It seems like they've only got one page so far so maybe I can hope for a second page?

I also missed the Advent Calender yesterday... I'm so bummed >.>

But anyway, here is some holiday themed art :3

sleigh3.jpg

I wanted to do something with santa/reindeer christmas neopets. I saw a picture of a christmas aisha pulling a sled I liked, so I was inspired. I chose shoyru for santa because I love the spotted wings ^3^

home-for-the-holidays.jpg

Here is Tiberonth decking the halls! Based on his current customization :)

dream-large.jpg

Aaaand this is what will happen if I win the dream neopet giveaway! Tiberonth with Lori, who I entered to be a Usukiboy Usul.

Unfortunately I don't have any of the rainbow items Tiby is wearing :( I love the wig tho; it looks like Rainbow Dash!