Please spare a BC vote for a first timer (Kougra)?

Lozzie

Click the spoiler to see my artwork:

luanolufull-1.png

So this is the first time I've ever entered the Beauty Contest! :) I've decided to enter with my Kougra, Luanolu! I've got my fingers crossed for gold (or just any trophy, but might as well go for gold!), but I've learnt it's all about the advertising so I think I've got my work cut out for me! ;D

If you could spare me a vote for this week; the contest is running until next friday, then I would very much appreciate it!

Here is the link to vote;

http://www.neopets.com/beauty/details.phtml?pet=Luanolu

Thankyou all for your time! :)

Thankyou very much everyone! ^__^- I have my fingers and toes crossed, haha. I'm half tempted to take my laptop in with me this week to uni just to bump my topic on the neoboards. >:3 I'm determined!

I didn't find out until after I entered that aparently Kougra is one of the more challenging species to submit to. D:

@watery - DD: Awh, it's sods law, isn't it? Haha. At least you know though, that whoever got gold won't be able to compete in that section for another 4 months. So you could keep submitting every week and hope for the best.

The only downside with that is that you need to be advertising such a great deal, and that can really take time out of your week! I know I'll have the time to vote at the weekend, but I'm scared about during the week. Also, I think it needs to be a new piece of art each week as well? Although I've seen artwork submitted this week that was also present last week, and looking at the previous winners I've seen the same piece win a trophy more than once. Strange.

And thankyou! :3 I really do hope so, it will be Lu's first, so I'm sure she'll be overjoyed if she gets anything!

@Alice & love - Thankyou very much!

I got gold. :D I spammed the boards till I dropped... LOL It was my first too, so I am sure you will do perfectly fine! I would help spamming for you but that isn't allowed.... :sad01_anim:

Personally, I found that the most votes are given away on Friday and Saturday. Then Sunday there's still as much but you will notice that the boards start to die. Monday Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday are very slow and Friday before the news all the last minute voters come on so it gets pretty busy again.

But those couple of votes on the quiet days may push you over the line so don't underestimate them! :D

By the way, you can enter an artpiece as often as you want. no limitations on that. The voters will recognise you and get tired of that piece though so I don't really think it would help.....

Voted :D

Technically, you can enter the same piece of art as many times as you like until you win a trophy with it. Then you're not supposed to enter it again. Like mentioned though, most of the "regular" BC voters won't vote for something if they've seen it before.

And Kougra isn't as hard as some. There tends to be a lot of entries, but most don't advertise a lot so as long as you do you should be fine! I consider Kougra the easiest species I enter anyway xD

@watery - Ahh, okay. :) Thankyou very much! That's very helpful.

I'm just going to have to get online when I can and advertise! Even if it's just to post in the evenings on some days, since university and real life still comes first!

@Izzy - Thankyou!! Ah, I see. Yeah I can understand that! It was a lot quieter last week compared to this one though. :O

Haha well true; I should be thankful it's nothing like Uni or Lupes! They seem to be insanely popular!

I give my Kougra vote to Luanolu, and I liked your artwork the first time you displayed it as well. I always support any TDN user or staff member who posts a topic for their BC entry, good luck in winning the contest Lozzie! :D