Opinions Please!

Mouseykins

Hi there,

Ok so after almost two years of designing my Userlookup I'm almost there. I still have a few more finishing touches to add. I've been thinking about animating some of my glitters but NOT all of them. I'll probably animate the glitters in my navigation image, but I'm not sure which others I should edit.

I'm looking for your opinions, so tell me what you think and be honest. I have nothing against artistic criticism!

My userlookup is here!

Thank You! :D

Yep two years off and on and I can finally see the end!

I don't know how to animate the glitters so that would be a challenge to figure out and the glitters are there to help make the page look less boring and I don't want them to attract attention away from any of the other elements.

Wow. 2 years. You're making this yourself! I'm really impressed! Mine's just premades from other sites. :P

I have one question though: What's with the huge blank of space in the middle of your UL? And a suggestion of mine: How about making the text smaller and of a different font? Maybe Segoe Print? And I don't think it's necessary to animate the glitter. It's nice the way it is!

The huge space is something that needs to be tinkered with. I have to move the other modules up, I shoved them down to make coding everything a little easier.

I'm looking at changing the font but I'll tinker with that later. I'll probably choose Lucida Calligraphy to match my links.

Please keep your opinions coming!

My opinion: I like it. To improve it, though, I have two recommendations:

1) The borders on your information are nice, but when there are several right next to each other, they look too busy. Maybe make the borders kind of checkerboard--that is, the neggs could have half the neggs instead, with a space every other one, and same thing with the muffins, but alternate. I think I'd have to see it to see if it works, but that's my suggestion. It might not work.

2) The top graphic is pretty, but the center blends in too well with the background color. I would say either change the colors completely (in a way that doesn't clash) or darken them. Maybe if you changed the border of the flowers to navy blue, and then darkened the colors within.

I'm no expert, so I can't say if my suggestions will work. They might be worth a shot.

You must have a lot of patience to spend that much time on it. It's looking good and I like the colour scheme. When I checked it out however, The text flooded out of the boxes/borders. I've noticed no one else seems to have had this problem when viewing it though. I'm using chrome, so if someone else could take a look in the chrome browser and see if there's a problem, it would help. I agree, the font is a little big. If it's because it's too hard to read when it's smaller, I would suggest changing the colour to black or a darker purple. As I'm viewing it, the borders are overflowing the modules and such, but like I said, it could be my browser. I like it so far.

P.S awesome music :P

It looks very good, I could never make something like that myself. 1 little point though, I can't really read the first part (about 2/3 sentences) of your introduction, as the text goes through the butterflies. The text is a little to high. I'm using chrome so maybe that is the problem. But very well done! ^_^

Well done on making your own lookup. I really love it and the colors work well together. I am viewing it in Firefox and here are the problem areas when I am viewing. I don't know if others have these problems or not.

1. The Merry Meet box is not centered but set to the right;

2. Your statistics box at the bottom the type and the faerie/negg border are covering each other; same with the bottom of the Family section;

3. The games played type is too high and bleeding into the Shop & Gallery box.

I wouldn't animate the glitters as it may look too busy but no harm in trying to see how it looks. Otherwise, you have done a fantastic job and the time you invested sure does show! Hope this helps.

Comments on the positioning are sort of helpful but please keep in mind everything is still being adjusted.

I'm using Safari and everything looks fine with the text staying in the boxes. I'll check other browsers on my home computer to see what's going on.

Thank you to everyone who has posted!

Any other comments please send me a PM, I'm asking the mods to lock the topic.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.