Should I go on with manga?

Alynniae

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the drawing, and should I go on drawing manga?

• IT'S AWESOME ♥♥♥
    • It's pretty good, go on
    • Don't know, It's just... okay
    • Nah, I think you should try something else

Wow! Thats really good for a first time drawing! When I first started drawing manga style, it was a horrible mess and everything I drew looked crazy but over the years I've improved lots. So you can only get better with practice; there is no way to get worse! Also if there is a style you really like, try getting some tracing paper and try tracing over the picture, that way you can quickly pick up a style you like! Once you get the hang of it then you can go on to developing your own style~

• 1 month later...

Not bad at all, especially for starters. If you enjoy it just keep drawing. You'll get better and better with practice. Don't quit just because your first drawing isn't perfect, no ones is, Rome wasn't built in a day. I've been drawing for years and I'm still iffy about some of my work. But I AM better than I was before, just go for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Of the drawing you showed in the initial post. I voted it's pretty good, go on. I would say that it looks like your lines around the face are a little uncertain, But faces aren't easy. ;) I personally think you did AWESOME on the hair though. (I hate drawing hair. LOL) I'm not art major, just an amateur/hobbyist with an eye and knowing what I like, and I like your sketch. Proportions look pretty solid too.

Anime/Manga styles can be a good way to start out, get the proportions down and all, and they can be pretty awesome to look at. ;) I do a fair few pics, or what I call "redraws" that are anime based. A redraw is basically a screenshot of a scene I print out and then I redraw it. NO TRACING ALLOWED. lol ;) After all, that would take away the fun, and the occassional frustation. ~_^ I also enjoy doing non-anime redraws. But anyway, I save the redrawing for when I get stuck on an original sketch, or if I'm simply OUT of ideas of what to draw. Redrawing helps keep my practice sessions going as I try to discover my own style.

Realism or Anime/manga have the proportions and fundamentals pretty dead on IMHO, but if you want to develop your own style, instead of being strictly one or the other, or both, I'd suggest you look somewhere in-between the two. At least that's what I try to do. Each artist has their own way of getting to their peak. I'm still looking for mine, good luck with your's! I think that you've got a really good start! ^_^