So Neopets is going down...

Shoyru_tamer

In terms of users over the last few years.

Why do you guys think this is happening?

If there are 5 things you would change about the site, that would make it more popular again, what would they be? I mean the site definitely has some good elements.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets General Chat’ to ‘Neopets Debate’.

Make a flash version of the Neoquest games

Update/revamp the battledome

Better moderation in general (ex: get rid of the mod-bots, actually moderate the neoboards)

Improve their customer service

and finally

Release a beta if major changes to Yooyu Ball are going to be made

I definitely agree when it comes to updating the Neoquest games

Also, I would like to see a Battledome update, even though I'm not a big battler myself

I also think they need to fix their automatic filter system on the Neomail. I'm tired of getting error messages with no clue as to why my message is considered "inappropriate"

They should start using different plug-ins, the shockwave plug-in is useless at this time, the only purpose it has is gor neopets

Hmmm. Makes me thing of movement and the heavy robe of thieves...hmmm

Well first, cut WAAAAAYYYYYYYY back on the NC. They're throwing it in our faces too much and I think theres alot of things you need money for, that you should also be able to earn without it.

I agree with the Neoquest thing.

Also, better customer service. FIX THE ALTADOR CUP.

They've been alot better recently though. New avvies, new smileys, new games... And quite a while ago they added the stuff about account age. Overall they've become a much better TNT than the one running the site 2 years ago. While no one can top Adam, Donna, Ollie, and the rest of the staff from a while ago, I gotta say that they've been improving greatly.

A Neoboard moderator. These stupid filters are keeping us from saying anything at all. I feel that this would make it difficult to write anything on a petpage as well due to these filters.

More NP wearables to those who like customising but can't access the NC mall.

Letting us know when they plan on changing Yooyuball like that, and maybe give us an option to play either the old or new.

And I know a lot of veterans would be pleased if there was an unconversion opetion, though I know they'll never do that.

In my opinion, the company owning neopets business would attempt maximize their profits regardless of the situation, and will likely have no regrets ending neopets one day when their profits from neopets dwindles too much and they start taking big losses. Well, there is no telling whether Viacom would sell off the neopets operation to another company or just discontinue the operation, but for the most part, games may eventually reach the retiring age if they cannot keep up. With increased competition (more games), development in gaming systems and other forms of media/entertainment, neopets is becoming a smaller entertainment provider in the world. The neopets game has also been labelled as a child's game too, further discouraging players from publicly playing or mentioning that they still play neopets to their friends. I would suspect that younger players would likely be less inclined to play neopets even if its age appropriate because it has been often labelled childish socially.

From what I understand, neopets mainly generates profit by advertising throughout the site, in games (sponsored games), through occasional events (restricted by country), through nc, and through premium. Since there is a decent amount of development, computer programs and adblocking has become more prevalent, and as a result, I suspect that neopets would have to offer more advertising services with more benefits, exposure to get their contracts. I'm starting to understand why neopets also encourages players to play more games in comparison with the past (by having the games galore, altador cup, game challenges): they get to advertise more at the beginning of the game loading, and they have the potential of offering sponsored games. One day, neopets administrator might make the bold move of disallowing addon usage to block ads and various scripts. They might use the reasoning: "Please do not use 3rd party programs to gain an unfair advantage over others."

For now, I suspect that the corporation will attempt to make the users goals in neopet more achievable thus increasing incentives for players to continue playing, making them have fun accomplishing whatever goals they have. When neopets first started, 100k was a pretty decent sum of np, and the lab ray map pieces were difficult to obtain. However, 100k now is potentially a days worth of habi, and secret lab map pieces can not only be found in Random events, but also when redeeming keyquest keys, and at one point, the grundo warehouse. I've also noticed massive changes in the battledome market. Before, I would not be capable of achieving the HT battledome sets (long long past), but now, I have the option of considering big battledome equipment because my habitarium allows for 100k+/day. I've also noticed that restocking has gotten a lot easier, and before, the stores restocked less, and items would fly off the shelves really fast, even if they weren't really good deals.

What neopets might do to stay relatively popular at the time being:

-make goals achievable/average daily earnings greater

-offer slightly more nc opportunities

-add new games

-add new events/stories

-add new worlds/maps

-Offer a unique addons to the game (facebooks treasure keeper)

-Promote players to learn how to draw neopets, write literature for neopets

-Decrease training cost for battledomes, make battledome goals more achievable while maintaining that the very high end battledome equipment is quite difficult to obtain

-Create more collectibles

If neopets wants to stay alive

1) Neopets needs more multiplayer games, with unique interactive elements. Things like keyquest was interesting. However, if they want to keep up, they will have to continue releasing unique multiplayer components/elements. Maybe make a battledome involving real time strategy/teamwork or something unique?

2) Satisfy the user`s interest (removal of ads, faster response time). However...

Since Neopets is a business operation, some of the user's interest often conflict with the profit earning business model. If neopets took down their advertisement, many players would be happy. If Neopets responded quicker to tickets (by hiring more moderators, etc), players would be happy. However, some of these ideas are costly and would likely be disregarded

3) Making NC more readily available for Non nc users, satisfying another of the users` want.

Again, this would likely be disregarded as it devalues nc (less sales for nc cards). If NC is too readily available, players will consider nc close to np, where its rather expendable and not valuable.

4) More events on a regular basis: If tnt can release more unique events, with interesting concepts, a player would be less likely to grow out of the game, thus keeping it popular. However, this cannot be overused or events will become a normal and expected.

5) Sadly, the last goal I can think of is make more goals, having more achievable goals. The basic idea is: if a player can achieve their goals more easily, their success will become incentives to continue playing. When players can achieve their goals, they tend to enjoy the game more, enjoy the sense of accomplishment, and decide to accomplish other goals. If a neo player can only achieve 1 goal/year, you may see players simply giving up.

A lot of rich, long time players would not like this as current items for achieving goals become easier, thus devaluing their inventory.

Well, that is my opinion in detailed. I cannot say everything will be accurate though.

Is it actually going down??!! Really??!! When??!! :guiltysmiley: :worried:

I agree with better NP wearables, and less expensive ones that are still good. And the Neoboards could do with someone who watches them to make sure no one breaks the rules, cause loads of people do that. There should also be a general chat and a game board if you want somewhere to post about non-Neopets related things.

In terms of users over the last few years.

Is it actually going down??!! Really??!! When??!! :guiltysmiley: :worried:

196-didnt-read-lol.png

I agree with better NP wearables, and less expensive ones that are still good

I actually remembered that by the time I stopped playing it honestly seemed like they only brought customization so they could make money off NC Mall clothes.

this needs to be a top priority of TNT's

Well, maybe give us more ways to get NC, just buying it and the Expellibox. Some games that give out random NC (For example key quest? they could ealisy do a random thing on the gold keys, even if it's just like 50 NC or so...) or maybe RE's that give out a little NC?

And not make things so friggin expensive.... 5 bucks for a key quest token... just..... WOW!

Well, maybe give us more ways to get NC, just buying it and the Expellibox. Some games that give out random NC (For example key quest? they could ealisy do a random thing on the gold keys, even if it's just like 50 NC or so...) or maybe RE's that give out a little NC?

And not make things so friggin expensive.... 5 bucks for a key quest token... just..... WOW!

The thing is, Neopets is a business, and as a business, they want as much profit as possible. Think of a candy store giving away free sweets - for every item they give away, they lose profit. Applying it to Neopets, if they give out NC, people will horde it instead of going out and purchasing NC. This cuts into Neopets's profits, which is a big no-no for them.

There should also be a general chat and a game board if you want somewhere to post about non-Neopets related things.

There used to be, in Neopia's "prehistoric" days. But everything got too inappropriate so TNT took it down.

I agree with more np wearables that are nice and to stop pushing the NC on us. There's lots of things in the NC mall that I would love to buy but for me to spend money like that on a game is not realistic. I have more important things to do with my money.

The filters for the neomessages need to be re-done I'm sick of getting error messages when sending a perfectly fine neomessage to a friend. IF they can't re-do the filters at least provide a link so that we can report that there's nothing wrong with our message, or at least tell us what's being bocked like they do with the lookup filters.

I hardly ever use the neoboards but I do think there should be a better method to bumping a topic without spamming as it gets the boards way too congested which is why I never use them.

I'm one of those players that will occasionally log in every few months or so. Here's my thing: 1) I really don't have the time like I used to 2) Neopets is very repetitive, especially if you're not working towards a goal 3) Some of the game trophies/avatars are too difficult for the majority of the players. Don't get me wrong. A challenge is good to have, because it keeps me coming back. However, if I struggle with a game for over a few years, then more than likely I'm going to continue struggling. In short, I don't play all the games, but a select few that I'm good at/can make quick NPs. There are several games that offer trophies/avatars that I would love to have but more than likely it's not going to happen. I hate to say that I have given up, but in a way I have. Those games have become pointless to me. Perhaps TNT needs to find a way to create a series of games that EVERYONE can win trophies and avatars at. I think that, and keeping up with the times by becoming more active in social media sites that it can find an audience. Multiplayer games is big right now. Creating those games that can be played on social platforms AND that will link back to a regular Neopets account for NPs and items I think would be huge. That's why I stopped playing PetPet Park. There was no point and it was a separate game. But if it was linked back to my main account for an avatar, then I would check out the game. Same thing would apply to social network sites.

Imagine.. playing a Farmville type game that's based on Neopia that can be played on a social network site but you get NPs, items and avatars on your regular Neopets acccount. See where I am going with this! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Make a flash version of the Neoquest games

this!

I think if that happened I would finally get myself to play it :>

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.