Russell is Angry.

Guest RJAP

Neopets' Rules  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the Neopets rules 'harsh' at all?

• Yes, very.
    • Not much.
    • I don't really know / yes and no / what rules?
    • No, not at all.
    • Definitely not!

well, some are a little bit too much, but without rules, scammers could do everything, or CG, or cheaters, so i'm happy there are rules :/

well, some are a little bit too much, but without rules, scammers could do everything, or CG, or cheaters, so i'm happy there are rules :/

Well, yeah there are the good ones, but what about the ones which are so trivial, it's unbelievable!

Well, yeah there are the good ones, but what about the ones which are so trivial, it's unbelievable!

yeah, some are redicolous, but i guess that's just to make sure everything is okay???

hmmmm.... i mean, they're insane, i think mr insane made those rules... :/

yeah, some are redicolous, but i guess that's just to make sure everything is okay???

hmmmm.... i mean, they're insane, i think mr insane made those rules... :/

yeah, but with the 'don't tell anyone your address, etc' message drilled into everyone's heads permanently, you think that TNT might lay off a bit?

Meh. I don't care as much though, i just had to vent my rage. still interested in the poll though!

yeah, but with the 'don't tell anyone your address, etc' message drilled into everyone's heads permanently, you think that TNT might lay off a bit?

Meh. I don't care as much though, i just had to vent my rage. still interested in the poll though!

I'm going to go, keep checking out the poll though, still interested in what you think! :P

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Haunted Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't double post, use the "Edit" button if you want to add something.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The more ways people find to scam the site, the more rules have to be enforced. Sad but true. A small percentage of dishonest players ruin it for everyone. As far as the "don't tell anyone your password thing," they wouldn't drill it into us so much if people weren't using it as an excuse for when they did something stupid and lost their account. If everyone played honestly, we wouldn't need as many rules. But people don't, so we do. Other than the slightly annoying filters on the boards/neomails, most of the rules seem pretty appropriate to me.

Honestly, I have not found any rule that was unjust/unfair or other wise unnecessary. The only thing I think is a bit much are some of the filters for neomails/posts since I sometimes have no idea why it's not allowing to send. I guess my mind is just too innocent :rolleyes_anim:

I like rules! lol

I don't really use the neoboards unless it's the only way, I hardly ever use neomail cause it's super evil.

I mean,

it's a SUPER kid friendly site, that has harassers on it.

I lived by a lot more rules as a kid. It would stand to reason that such a place would follow the same example.

Btw I'm almost 25. :D

Well, sometimes I suspect that the mods on the neoboards are evil power-hungry kids who take joy in handing out warnings.

I mean, I've seen topics get deleted that weren't really breaking any rules, while other boards that were clearly just one huge argument (consisting of spam, flaming, harassing, etc.) live on for ages...

In terms of the "only playing games on one account" and not cheating and all that, I believe they need to be stricter. Especially considering the number of highscores that are simply impossible :/

Ugh... Well, I mean I understand some things, but it can be ridiculous. Like I once said "I would die if I were to be lent!" Then all my posts were deleted, and I was given a warning.

For the most part, I understand that Neopets tries to make the site enjoyable for all ages... but the bulk of the traffic is from minors, and TNT just wants to make sure everyone's safe. :)

I agree with other folks concerning the filters for Neomail... but, even if they are frustrating, I understand why they've been made so strict. My greatest pet peeve, though, is the rules concerning content you're allowed to submit to the Neopian Times. I have so many ideas for series I'd love to get published, but it's just so hard to avoid inserting romance or mild violence into your plots. x_x

I think my biggest issue with the rules is that, if a mistake is made, TNT takes such a long time to fix it. I see so many people frozen for simple misunderstandings (or less)... and the fact that TNT can take months to act, if they do at all, is inexcusable. I know they're flooded with tickets on a daily basis... but that's what interns are for, right? ;)

I think one of the major problems in neopet`s rule system is that a lot of rules are not fully presented/readily available for an average use but are nonetheless enforced. While tnt has their terms and conditions outlined, a lot of detailed rules, and special circumstances are found in the editorials of the neopian times. I mean, those editorials can be tedious to search through especially, if you want to see if an action is deemed to be illegal, it would be very troublesome to find the related articles. Without a good central location for their rules, its just difficult to find out what the exact rules are. And for the average player, they probably won't read the neopian times, and will not understand what is allowed and what isnt according to the times. While there are some petpage guides that outlines some rules, those are still considered secondary sources, and if the author hasn't worded their guides carefully, players may read a rule in the secondary source, misinterpret, and break a rule.

For the neomails, I find that the filters very annoying, especially when you compose long neomails. You might get an error from the filters, and after many reviews, you would still have trouble composing your message. I kinda wished that tnt would at least have their filters tell you what keywords, phrases are considered to be inappropriate.

I think one of the major problems in neopet`s rule system is that a lot of rules are not fully presented/readily available for an average use but are nonetheless enforced. While tnt has their terms and conditions outlined, a lot of detailed rules, and special circumstances are found in the editorials of the neopian times. I mean, those editorials can be tedious to search through especially, if you want to see if an action is deemed to be illegal, it would be very troublesome to find the related articles. Without a good central location for their rules, its just difficult to find out what the exact rules are. And for the average player, they probably won't read the neopian times, and will not understand what is allowed and what isnt according to the times. While there are some petpage guides that outlines some rules, those are still considered secondary sources, and if the author hasn't worded their guides carefully, players may read a rule in the secondary source, misinterpret, and break a rule.

For the neomails, I find that the filters very annoying, especially when you compose long neomails. You might get an error from the filters, and after many reviews, you would still have trouble composing your message. I kinda wished that tnt would at least have their filters tell you what keywords, phrases are considered to be inappropriate.

Hmm, I have to agree here, TNT don't exactly do a lot of promotion, but a lot enforcing. Which is annoying, especially when you're caught unawares by it, you type a perfectly innocent message and either the filters block you for mostly no reason, or they don't and you are later reprimanded for it!

As for the stuff about the filters, it's because of the rules that the filters are so ridiculous!

I give up sometimes, I do.

In response to dcoolb:

Ugh... Well, I mean I understand some things, but it can be ridiculous. Like I once said "I would die if I were to be lent!" Then all my posts were deleted, and I was given a warning.

----

I feel for you, I really do. i can't really see anything wrong with that, did you submit a ticket or anything?

Nope. They all make sense, they all are fair.

They're all there to protect their users, and the reason why they have to be so strict is to keep CGer's and Scammers and multiple account players in check. Would you rather be reminded at ever turn "DONT GIVE OTHERS YOUR PASSWORD", or would you rather be hacked, stolen from, then frozen?

Their filters are too strict, though. <_<

Honestly, the rules don't bother me that much. It's the filter on Neomail that does. Your message could be completely innocent and look rule-abiding, but when you go to send it, Neopets gives you a message about how inappropriate it is. It's such a pain to go back through your message and see what's causing the filter to freak out.

Honestly, the rules don't bother me that much. It's the filter on Neomail that does. Your message could be completely innocent and look rule-abiding, but when you go to send it, Neopets gives you a message about how inappropriate it is. It's such a pain to go back through your message and see what's causing the filter to freak out.

Yeah, I get that a lot too. I sent in a ticket a while ago and the response was to 'put a box on my head and look through everything as a robot. It makes sense I guess, but it would just be better (in the long run) for them to modify it to make it better. :mellow:

It is better. Honestly, who in the world would hide the word meth inside something? I would never think of it. But the word is BANNED.

Also, they catch creative spelling. Good job, on their part. It is very, very organized, but it greatly annoying to us because we do not send anything with weird wrong connotations. It's to protect their younger users, but it gets annoying. But still. I understand why they do it.