Timid Forum Lurker

Kyttynjirr

Hi, all; I'm new and not very good with forums . . . . I'm only semi-involved in one, and that one is a PC game discussion forum. So if I seem shy, it's because I am (I do much better in person than on forums, apparently! ^_^ ). I've been playing Neopets for a few months, and am still getting used to it. I've found TDN very helpful, so thanks to everyone who makes it possible! I probably won't be posting much, since I'm really more of a lurker, but I do enjoy reading other people's posts and putting in my two cents when I feel like I have something to say worth being said. :)

P.S. I know my username is really long; I also "respond" to Kyt, Kytty, and Kyttyn -- whatever is easiest to type!

P.P.S. Just a quick question: Where should I post a question asking what Petpets are for?

I like the name Kytty... Oh! I'm Ain, nice to meet you!

I completely understand; I was also as shy as you when I first joined TDN forums, but after a while posting, I've made changes!

we TDN members won't bite you; we welcome you with open arms! :D

P.P.S you can post it in the Neopets Help forum! :D

Kyt, then.

Welcome to TDNF. :) I'm sure you'll find lots of nice helpful people here- in fact, I KNOW you will. I love the community. :yes:

I'm more of a poster than lurker, but I tend to lurk in all the debate forums and read everything without actually debating, so I understand where you are coming from.

I believe that would come under our lovely Neopets Help section. But to answer it, it's basically just a "add on" - like an extra customizing feature. You can't feed it, play with it, or pamper it, however, you can zap it with the petpet lab ray! But it's just to allow your pet to have a pet. Like petpetpets. They allow your pet to have a pet that has a pet! :D

You can paint petpets to fit your pet's colour/personality, too. For example, you have, let's say, a Pirate Draik:

4.png

You can get it a Pirate Mazzew to add on to it's lookup! (yes, petpets appear in lookups. :) )

mazzew_pirate.gif

They don't have to be the same colour, though, they can be, for example, a Water Draik and a Maractite Melton.

4.pngmelton_maractite.gif

It's not a MUST to have a petpet, although it will allow you to do some other things, e.g visit the symol hole and attempt to take turmy.

But petpets are generally fun to have. :)

Hello Kyt and welcome to TDN forums :) We are happy to have you as a member, even if you consider yourself more of a lurker.

I'm Xepha (but I also go by V.), and been around here for quite some time now. xD You will see that everyone on staff is professionally insane.

I see that you are interested by stories, illustrations and role-play, so you will fit right at home with us.

Seeya around!

Thanks for all the welcomes and tips! I really appreciate them!! :laughingsmiley: Thanks for the info on the Petpets, too!

I think at this point on Neopets, I'm trying to get the hang of Key Quest (which is somewhat confusing for me) and the Battledome. The TDN help articles have been helping me a lot with the Battledome in particular.

Another new member, welcome to the forum Kyttynjirr. Glad you joined, the people here at TDN are really nice and helpful, too.

I'm Neomysterion by the way, and I've been on Neopets since I was 10. Hope you have a great time and make some new friends here as well.

Thanks, Neomysterion! :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Welcome to the forums, my name is 48066, I am more of a poster than lurker, I hope you stay here and make posts and those good things :D