Collectors - How do you Decide?

Lady Kakata

A while ago, I opened a gallery but had no idea what to put in it. Then I saw people around TDN collected certain things, like chocolate and paintbrushes

At first I was going to collect Faerie plushies since I'm a fan of Faerieland things, but since I ALSO go on about how much I like Xweetoks, I've decided to start collecting Xweetok items. Sure this is going to get expensive fast, but it's something to look for :XD:

So how do you decide what to collect, if you collect a specific thing?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while ago, I opened a gallery but had no idea what to put in it. Then I saw people around TDN collected certain things, like chocolate and paintbrushes

At first I was going to collect Faerie plushies since I'm a fan of Faerieland things, but since I ALSO go on about how much I like Xweetoks, I've decided to start collecting Xweetok items. Sure this is going to get expensive fast, but it's something to look for :XD:

So how do you decide what to collect, if you collect a specific thing?

I have five galleries.

I collect slushies, neggs, TCG cards, Dolls and Kougra stuff.

I also collect stamps and neo deck cards.

I want to collect more but no more galleries. XD

Took me forever to decide as well. At first I was doing bakery items but we all know that would be very expensive and never-ending xD

So I went with what I love (which is love items).

I dedicate my love gallery to someone I really love so I'm always trying to add more in there ^//^

At some point, I was writing an application to adopt a UC Plushie Wocky (yes they are rare, and the owner ended up not adopting out...) That's when I decided to use my gallery to show my love of Wockies. :)

I love my gallery, I invest all my time and NP's into it, I'm at the stage now though, where I've gotten all the affordable things and I'm into all the pricey stuff now.

My gallery is dedicated to my favourite neopet, Blumaroo's! I've been playing Neopets on and off for 10 years now, and I guess at some point I put some blumaroo plushies in my gallery and forgot about them, and when I came back earlier this year, I went to my gallery, and realised that those plushies were not worth about 70,000 each AND I had a beautiful gift from a random Neopets user gifting me some things for my gallery, which prompeted me to start back up with my collecting again.

And now it's become somewhat of an obsession!

My Gallery <--- there is the link if you would like to have a look at my humble little collection!

I mostly started collecting plushies because they're super cute lol Then I started another gallery, tea, because I love...well... tea haha

As a personal collection/goal, I also collect Eyefish because I also think they're impossibly cute. If you ever have a spare, send one my way! :wub_anim:

The galleries listed here are beautiful! You can really see your dedication and it's really inspiring :D

I've decided my gallery shall be filled with plushie/toy representations of any and all lab-caused colour/species changes I'm lucky enough to get. It'll probably be a very small gallery :laughingsmiley:

I decided to collect collectible coins and shells for my gallery. And yes, it will surely be expensive. lol But I like shiny stuff (coins) and swirly colorful things (shells). :)

Mine was started when neopets put out the Darigan Dice Set, which is a set of roleplaying dice, and I roleplay. I bought it, then put it in my gallery, then just started going "Okay, not much roleplaying stuff on neopets, but there's lots of cute dice." and started dice collecting.

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=augustoflake

I've been trying to figure out what kind of designs I want to work that neopets will allow...and how to center the items, but it's been pretty fun in a surprising way.

On my main, my Aisha kinda decided what to collect - plushies! It's still rather small, just because of how much upgrading costs and the like, but it's still fun. I pretty much say Shuhune is the one collecting the plushies, and she hosts the gallery, which is in fact called "Shuhune's Plushies"! Unfortunately there is no Darigan Aisha shopkeeper yet, which Shuhune is.

I'm also rather interested in collecting Aisha stuff, stuff related to games, and Virtupets stuff...I haven't yet decided what the galleries on my side accounts will be, but likely to be inspired by the interests of one of my pets who lives on that account, as was the case with my main.

So if I ever get that Magical Pirate Krawk Plushie from Anchor Management I'll be faced with a dilemma as to either put it in the gallery or sell it. :P

I'm starting to collect Cybunny stuff, but I need to start. My gallery has a little in it, but it's only the cheap stuff! I adore Cybunnies and I figure I can use the stuff I collect (Cybunny Morphing Potions) as collat for avatar items too. It's a win-win. ^_^

I've always loved the look of the Darigan Toys, they're super-sinister but still adorable!

So I started slowly buying them up as I saw them & lately I've been trying to restock at the Toy shop in order to get the rare ones.

My gallery also includes other "evil" toys; http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=nbbug132

I've also considered puppets, and WEIRD STUFF!! That would be fun - the stragest, funniest, randomest, and most downright bizarre objects of Neopia! Includes all badly drawn items from the "artists's day off" events!

I collect omelettes... because I remember when Tyrannia was introduced! There was only the space station, faerie land, the island, terror mtn and maraqua.

Oh and Haunted woods.

Anyways,

So I signed on and they were like, steam rises from the ground!, a rift has opened!, dinosaurs have come to neopia! Essentially.

But yeah, so everyday I could collect omelettes, FOR FREE. And I thought that was so cool. So I started hordeing them in my SBD cause there were no galleries...

And then a couple years ago I started dropping some NP on a few strange kinds of omelettes and yeah. I still have like, a couple or so k in my sdb.

I love them.

>.>

My very first gallery was just Evil Things and uurgh why that was very cool it was sooo much. I realized I would never have a complete gallery

After that I made a Snowager Gallery because I just love those colours and the snowager is cool

My current gallery is Squids and tentecals stuff I think its original enough to stand out and I really really like squiddy stuff!

My large-and-growing gallery contains plushies and toys and snowglobes. I also "collect" books, but Drev reads them all.

I take notions where I go on spending sprees, then don't do so for a long time, then go back again.

Only problem with my gallery is that it momentarily freezes my PC which has difficulties with many aspects of the site.

Well, I'm sort of a collector by nature...you should see my room lol. Broadway merchandise, dolls, plushies, I collect just about everything irl. But on Neo, it's usually something that is both interesting to me and unique. I used to collect Usuki items, but stopped when I got hacked, and I don't really miss my Usukis. It was too common of an idea.

So now, I "collect" witch related items. I think if a collector goes for a broad theme, or something kind of abstract, ie "I want to collect all snow and ice related items" rather than "I want to collect every book," it makes the hunt for a collection item a little more fun. But that's just my opinion!

I love collecting. I get stamps, coins, coconuts, etc.

I used to collect things to put in my gallery but I sold everything when I got bored with NP about a year back. Started playing about 3 months ago, I'm hooked again.