Is this User suspicious?

mwcatlover

There is a user that keeps neomailing me and trying to friend me. The user is less than a month old and they are from Brazil. he/she keeps asking my age and if i will be his, her neofriend. I asked why they were being so insistant and he/she asked me how old I was again. The user claims to be 13yrs old.

What do you guys think?

they are probably asking your age to figured out your birthday so they can hack.

I completely agree with this. Even if that's not it, it's super strange--how do you think they found you? On the boards?

You don't have to accept every person who wants to become your neofriend. I used to do this thinking people would chat with me but only my close friends from around the site chat with me. One of these days I'm planning on deleting some neofriends.

I suggest you not accept this user. To me something seems a little off. I would ask why they want to know your age and if you don't get an answer in the next neomail I would do what Xepha suggested and block them.

rule of thumb: dont become neofriends with complete strangers you never contacted before, or have no connections to. Also, try not to disclose personal information, it could be a security risk.

I would say don`t accept the neofriend request, and ignore the messages. Usually, if you simply ignore the person, they will forget about you. If they persist, you might be able to report them for harassment You can also neomail them saying you are not interested in becoming neofriend. You also have to remember, players can lie about their age in neo. They might not even be 13 years old.

Like all the others stated, you should just ignore that user and just block them.

1) How long has the user been doing this? Since that user's account was less than a month's old, I assume around that time.

2) How did you two 'met' each other? If this was at complete random, suspicion comes to mind.

3) Given the age, why would that person want to know your age? Another suspicious factor.

they probably saw you on the boards talking about what you have or if your profile looks good with trophies, avatars, and more they could use your age, figure out the birthday and cg your account. Now with the new birthday feature, if you are using it, they need to know your birthday. I would block them. If someone requests to be my neofriend i always message them asking if I knew them. Sometimes they say oh sorry thought you were someone else and most of the time they don't ask anything so i block/decline. I only have 4 neofriends, people I talk to on a regular basis because it's not worth it to have people that could be untrustworthy.

I think you should not add them. :)

I don't really think they are trying to scam you or anything, but better safe than sorry, right? (I think)

The reason why i say that is because they are annoying you. And if they are annoying you, there is a reason why. Prolly want to leech off you but anyway.

NO.

Yep. :D