Anyone else like Fullmetal alchemist?

Halloweenhearts15

Fullmetal Alchemist? I like watching Fullmetal Alchemist and its sequel Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as well, has been a while since I watched both those series though. I only watched them dubbed however, but I may watch both series subbed someday.

Time to get picky.

First of all, you should always watch subbed. Its the way creators made it, and dubbed versions are always changed to match America's standards, which are different than Japans.

Then, the FMA Brotherhood is not really a "sequel" The first FMA anime had a different story than the manga, and it went off in its own direction. FMA Brotherhood more closely follows the manga plot (but still not exactly).

The manga should always be read. Its what the anime is based off of, so reading it would give a deeper depth and meaning to the anime.

Time to get picky.

First of all, you should always watch subbed. Its the way creators made it, and dubbed versions are always changed to match America's standards, which are different than Japans.

Then, the FMA Brotherhood is not really a "sequel" The first FMA anime had a different story than the manga, and it went off in its own direction. FMA Brotherhood more closely follows the manga plot (but still not exactly).

The manga should always be read. Its what the anime is based off of, so reading it would give a deeper depth and meaning to the anime.

I used to love FMA (and anime in general). I would get so anal about subbed vs. dubbed. I agree 100%; subs are ALWAYS better. I judged my friends so hard when they watched dubs. Plus, bad voice acting is easier to ignore when it's in a different language, lol.

I haven't really watched Brotherhood, but anything that follows the manga more has my approval. P:

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched it, but my sister is super into it so I've written a few intentionally bad fanfictions of it based on my incredibly limited knowledge. I wrote one where the ghost of Shou Tucker is haunting Youswell so Lt. Yoki calls in the Scooby Doo gang to solve it, for instance, and right now I'm working on one in which Roy, Ed, Al, Winry and Hoenheim form a band called the Phillystones. The Homonculi are going to form a rival band called H Club 7 and a full out Battle Of The Bands will ensue.

• Duma locked this topic