customization help needed

Potter

Good customizations have as much to do with personality as they do coordination. What do you see each of your pets enjoying? Yooyuball, exploring, swimming, drawing? Even just a single word will suffice to get a good start.

XD As Anime stated, it is good to coordinate. MEANING, dont have a mossy rock, sinking Faeriland trinket, and bubble wrap BG. Coordinate it.

Also, have as many articles applied as possible. It helps to see the least empty space as possible.

Also, another thing, coordinate it with your pet's color. You can do some cool things with some colors :)

Thats all I got b)

A lot doesn't always mean better. Sometimes less is more. Just try for balance. For example, if you have a background that's got a lot going on at the bottom, you probably wouldn't want to add a frame or a foreground. It would make it look too "busy". Your best bet would be to balance it out with a garland or something that hangs from the top. The same goes with dressing your pet. If you have a dress or skirt with a full bottom, you may want to concentrate more on the head, with hats or wigs, rather than adding more to the body. If a background already has a lot going on in it, you probably won't need extra background or foreground objects. I also find the best backgrounds to be where the pets look like they're standing on the grass, on a path, in a room, etc. Otherwise, it looks like they're floating and to me, it looks a little weird.

Your Ixi has a good background because she looks like she's standing on something, whereas your Koi and Eyrie look like they're floating.

Something like This mall_bg_underwaterreef.gif (Gulp... Underwater Reef Background)

or this bg_underwater.gif (Underwater Background) might be better for an aquatic pet. Just something to think about.

Sometimes it's fun to coordinate customization objects around the type of pet. A pet like a chomby or chia, for example, would probably look good with jungle or prehistoric themes. A christmas pet might look good with snow or christmas objects. A halloween pet with dark or scary things.

It really should have something to do with your pet's character. What is she like, what is her attitude? See if you can find items that reflect her personality. Also, make sure you use a theme that fits well with your pet's character, and have everything they are wearing match, no randomness allowed.

i've got a magma pet too, maybe this will give you some ideas:

2.png

fire in the moonlight, the flowers from the free wonderclaw token from AC and some cute ghost 'cause it's night, and of course, the wings (80K, but they're awesome)

just some ideas ;-)

As the others have said, it depends on what your pet's characters are, or what you want them to be. More is not always better - some customisers will absolutely stuff their customisations full of as many items as possible, but I prefer more simple customisations. Pick a theme and stick to it. Use dress to Impress as often as you like - even just getting up your pet's picture and searching 'hat' or 'shoes' or 'shirt' and just seeing what looks good on them will yield something.