Have you ever tried a oujia board?

Halloweenhearts15

*giggles at the Eeeee-vviiillll part*

May I ask what exactly you're trying to accomplish with this? While I highly doubt that anything horrendous will come of it (at least not in my experience), I don't think it's something that should be messed with if you're not comfortable.

If you do, tell me how it goes. :)

I've never heard of the demon 3:00 am thing. What is it? And as for the Ouiji board, there isn't really anything to be afraid of. I'm pretty sure that the Ouiji board was meant to contact dead people, so completely harmless spirits. If you believe in that kind of stuff. I personally don't, and I used a Ouiji board with some friends. It moves, but I'm pretty sure it's just us subconsciously moving it. And nothing scary happened.

I have used it several times. Nothing happened. I almost wish something did. One time it seemed to be moving on its own, but then my friends little sister accidentally knocked it off the board so we stopped.

Ive never used one, but they are patented by a toy company, so I really doubt they are haunted

It's not really a matter of whether or not the object is "haunted" (typically objects in general aren't...there are exceptions of course...but mostly it's places), Oujia boards are more intended as a ways of communication.

When I was 9 I played with one with a few friends. It moved but nothing other then that happened. I still to this day think they moved it! I just don't think a silly game board made from a big company has powers to be able to contact the dead.

I have in my life time seen a few things that can't be explained, it happened years after I played with the silly thing though.

I've mentioned before I don't believe in ghosts, goblins, Jesus, or the Tooth Fairy. But keeping an open mind as always, I'm going to answer this the way I've always thought about it. btw, great topic!

I've thought long and hard about the Ouija board over the last few years, because a similar debate in real life came up. Now, let's say for a moment that I believe in mystical, magical, and supernatural forces/powers. Even if that were the case, I don't know if I could subscribe to believing in the Ouija board as it stands in society. First off, a magical/supernatural item if real, would obviously be a rareity. If not, we'd see ghosts just wondering around all the time. So with this said, I don't think that an item mass produced by a popular "Board Game" company would hold any real special powers, unless they have some sort of magic user, a witch/warlock, etc. Sitting in their factory, to put a curse on every single Ouija board that comes down the line.

Now, I'm sure the Ouija board goes back before these "toys" were released. I personally do not know the history or anything, but maybe those boards would be a better debate. But for the most part, I don't believe anyone who tells me they talked to "Spirits", using a Ouija Board bought at wal-mart. Instead, I believe its more likely that they were gullible, and tricked by their friends.

This one time my friends made a Ouija board out of the back of a cardboard box. I wasn't in the room when they were using it, so I'm unsure of what happened but some of them seemed quite freaked out and then the person who's idea it was decided to burn the Ouija board after they have finished (If you believe in spirits/ghosts this is supposed to anger them). The weird thing was that all of it burned apart from around the letter x. I don't understand how that could have happened when it's cardboard, which generally burns fairly easy once it's going good.

So yeah, I can't really say that anything bad would happen, but if you do decide to use a Ouija board, I'd suggest not using it in your house as apparently spirits can stay in your house once summoned.

It all really depends on what you believe in I guess. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I believe in ghosts of all sorts. My friends and I played Bloody Mary in the locker room last year, and I will never do it again. Me and my family volunteer at a haunted hotel that is 150 years old in a ghost town, and we see quite the interesting things. But, anyways, back on the topic, I've never tried it before. And I don't want to. One of my fellow workers suggested we do it in the hotel and we all think that'd be the dumbest thing. Why? You don't want to attract anything you already know is there ;D

My honest belief with this sort of thing: I don't want it to be true. I don't want ghosts and spirits to be real.

It's not that I'm afraid of ghosts; I've heard "ghost stories" and if they are true, the ghosts in them are harmless and even possibly helpful. It's just that I don't want to be a ghost. Once I'm gone, I want to actually be GONE. I mean, seriously--I can't even imagine how boring that would be, and I REALLY don't want to see the end of the world. I think it would break my little ghost heart. Also, if ghosts are real, I hope they don't hang out when I'm taking a shower or something.

I could, however, potentially believe in spirits from a scientific standpoint. I don't necessarily think that the two are mutually exclusive. After all, spirit and body are two somewhat separate things--that is, body is composed of certain chemicals, cells, etc. but what actually puts the life in someone is a chemical compound. It's far-fetched, but I could see the chemical compound breaking down, exiting the body, and re-forming. Then MAYBE it might be able to use a Ouija board as a "body".

Seems far-fetched, though.

• 4 weeks later...

As a Christian, I believe anything of this nature is dangerous to play around with. It may not happen right at first, but if you were to continue playing with it, you could very well open yourself up to evil spirits. If it moves on its own, something is making it move... and not something good. It's my belief that ghosts/spirits are demons in disguise, and you never hear of a true Christian seeing a spirit (at least I've never heard of one saying so!).

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.

Ouija Boards...

My bible study leader's grandfather had a friend who played with one. And it "worked". And one day, he though about it. And when he asked it where it's powers cam from, it honestly, in front of him. I spelt out "S A T A N", basically, the devil.

I don't meddle with what I shouldn't.