Why is TNT so stinkin' strict?!!?!

Halloweenhearts15

Is TNT TOO strict?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is TNT trying to protect thier members or ruinning their older members lives?

• They would freeze their own grandma!
    • They are just trying to protect their younger users

GAHH! TNT is TOO STRICT!!! They won't let you teddy. What if a 5-yr-old says " I played with my teddy bear today " and then TNT would not allow it, then they go and look it up, and UP comes they OTHER meaning for teddy. They don't even use real mods. They use bots that are stupid!! :grrr: :grrr: I mean REALLY? THEY DON'T EVEN LET YOU SAY SOMETHING IN NEOMAILS ANYMORE! YOU HAVE TO DOUBLE CHECK WHAT YOU SAY, AND BEWARE OF THOSE UP-TIGHT WEENIES THAT REPORT YOU FOR SAYING N00B! Opinions?! * rant over * :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘Neopets General Chat’ to ‘Neopets Debate’.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think they're trying to make Neopets a family-oriented website. Which is a good thing. You don't want little kids going around saying things that well....they probably don't understand.

I don't know if they are too strict, but the bots can be pretty dumb when it comes to words like grape and something. Also keep in mind that they cannot monitor the 100s of thousands of messages sent, so they NEED robots to do it. Also I see this is your first post so welcome to the forums :laughingsmiley:

I believe TNT is trying to make Neopets more kid-friendly (well, for those kids who somehow have access to the boards via parental consent or lying about their age), but you know they've gone too far where you get silenced (temporarily or permanently) for saying even the littlest, least inappropriate things. It hasn't happened to me just yet, but I've heard enough cases of people getting silenced over the silliest things that I just had to say that.

With that in mind, there should be REAL people moderating the Neoboards and not bots. I don't care if there's just one mod patrolling the boards for no more than three or four hours a day, as long as there's a human Neoboard mod I'll be happy. :)

I can completely understand why they are doing the things they are. I'd rather the site be safe then have a bunch of junk I wouldn't want my son to read. I do think it has gotten a little out of hand though. Neomails lately are impossible to send, everything sets off the filter, it takes forever to even figure what words sets it off.

I've been silenced before talking about a time before I had my son. There was nothing graphic, nor adult about it but still I was silenced. *shrugs*

I rarely use neomail, and never use the neoboards anymore because i am too afraid that I will get warned. I do not want to get frozen, I am too attached to my account.

And how is teddy a bad word? I don't know the bad version of it.

I just searched up why they won't let you use the word "teddy" on Neopets, they treat it like if it's those things that women wear rather than a child's plaything. Search up teddy clothing on Google and I found out why the use of the word "teddy" is forbidden on Neopets.

I hardly ever use Neomail or use the Neoboards since I don't want be silenced or banned off Neopets.

I personally think they're trying to make Neopets a family-oriented website. Which is a good thing. You don't want little kids going around saying things that well....they probably don't understand.

Unless they lied about their age or have consent they wouldn't see it...

I know that they're trying to protect the young users, but yesterday, I couldn't send a neomail with the word 'evil' in it. That's really pretty ridiculous in my opinion. How is 'evil' a bad word?

I couldn't say Kass in a neomail when I was asking for a custom Shield

I couldn't say Kass in a neomail when I was asking for a custom Shield

lol, this made me laugh so hard, and the robots are kinda dumb, but as I said before they are needed

They are in a tough spot because it's a mammoth task to moderate such huge traffic, but at the same time it's annoying when a bot picks on something totally innocent. In my first year I got an automated warning after I posted a few lines of Edgar Allen Poe on a guild board (was a reference to night time but the warning said I am not allowed to discuss death or suicide :laughingsmiley: ) and ever since I've been really careful. Mostly when I make new friends I chat to them off the boards/nm so it's not such an issue.

I do think though that it's slightly OTT, and that there should be a degree of parental responsibility involved when a child is using any site that allows them to communicate directly with others. I monitor my children's' net usage closely and I wouldn't allow them unmoderated access to any site that allowed them to chat, before they were at an appropriate age to do so.

Yeah they're trying to protect younger kids, but in reality everybody here knows that in 1, 2, 3 or 4 years.. those kids will say words we won't like.

I agree, TNT is a group of ignorant careless people who silence you for the slightest thing. And the only reason why they won't fix themselves is because they are bound to ignore any of the

mails they are sent by other people. Seriously, I'd really wish Neopets had been founded by other, happy and cheerful people.

I can't stand the idea of innocent people getting iced, and there are times where they don't even know WHY you got frozen.

dGOcm.jpg

Is this really how you should treat your own customers? no wonder Neopet's online players seem to go down every once in a while.

You know, it doesn't even matter anymore, cause either way you won't get your account back. TNT is known for not responding to your tickets, e-mails and all that sort of stuff. I believe they even think that way of solving stuff is to ignore any of it and move on.

Because TNT doesn't know what it is to get your account frozen, like having all your days of the week spent gaming on Neopets. Wooo! you just got yourself a Plushie Paint Brush and a Mutant Lupe Transmogrification potion, and you also got like over 10 million pure in that bank of yours! boom, you get frozen. You have NO idea why they did that, you complain you rant, you send them e-mails, at the end of the story, you end up destroyed completely.

Because TNT has no heart, they are careless people, as I've already said.

Well, that's all I need to say.

I guess each ban is different.

The only time I ever got mad was because when I was way younger I had an account and then went away and when I came back it took me awhile to find / remember the password.

I finally did but then I couldn't remember the birth date I'd put in. (for those that don't know, if you've been away a long time you have to enter the password and birthdate). Thing is when I was young I was never honest about my birth date because at the time all you ever heard from people was don't put your personal information online. Predators are online and will get you.

I wrote in and explained but nothing could be done... aka they didn't want to.

I wasn't actually 'banned' but may as well have been. Anyway you get over that stuff and make new accounts or just move on.

The staff doesn't know the real you from the next person and they just try to follow rules that protect everyone. Even if it means banning little old ladies.

If they DIDN'T be so strict, then NeoPets would be in shambles. but I wish bots and filters could tell what context you were using. If you said 'today i smoked soMETHing' (but honestly, who would?) then, obviously, you'd be frozen, etc, but if you said, 'my brother said something that made me mad' then it shouldn't matter...

They're strict for a reason. Imagine your child going on this site and getting:

1. scammed (because he clicked on a link to another website / got CGed / was convinced that an item of his was worth way less / etc)

2. seeing something offensive (including, but not limited to, swear words)

And as much as I'd like to believe today's young generation is older than those of years ago, Neopets wants to protect its reputation as well.

What they're aiming at is probably more kids on the site (coz the oldies get fed up with the filters), which means more ad clicks (coz kids don't know what they're clicking), which means more money for them. :rolleyes_anim:

my problem with them is even if you do get a reply after they freeze your accout (mine was form someone stealing it) if you don't have an awesome memory and can remember EVERYTHING you have done or changed you still can't get it back. though my other problem was someone hacked my main email as well. made me soooooo mad.

ugh. I need to find my idea sheet, then i will try and get some programmer or something to help me make my site. And, when it's just a little site, I'll moderate, but then when it all blows up and gets BIG, I'll get some HUMAN mods. And they will be real live adults. so then they can tell the difference between " I played with my teddy bear today " and the OTHER version. And I would let you say something instead of Some-thing or some thing.

TNT is taking up the idea of keeping the kids safe way too high.

I agree, they need to protect the children who go on this site, they should instead hire a team of people to patrol the boards instead of having a tiny little robot silence you for every

silly word that HE thinks is inappropriate.

Too bad TNT is deaf in the sense of suggestions.

Ech I actually looked up teddy *-*

TNT should think twice before freezing, especially since more and more people are spending actual money on NC; and because NC is no longer limited to customisation and can be used for games as well.

I was the swing vote btw haha. Normally I would say that they're just trying to keep the young'uns safer online, but lately everything is a freezable offense. And since when is it against the rules to announce that you're going to give something away?!

Edited by musicsquared