Nay about job hunting

Squidmama

I think I used the wrong number for like six places so far. I guess in retrospective, I caught it early in my job hunting but oooo flm. As soon as the places that I put my resumes in open, I'm calling them and and'll ask them if they can update my application for me. I don't even know how I could have done that. hfgdfddggf it feels like I euined everything forever aaargh

I think I used the wrong number for like six places so far. I guess in retrospective, I caught it early in my job hunting but oooo flm. As soon as the places that I put my resumes in open, I'm calling them and and'll ask them if they can update my application for me. I don't even know how I could have done that. hfgdfddggf it feels like I euined everything forever aaargh

Honest mistake. I've done it once or twice as well. x_x I've also forgotten the places I've applied to, which was kind of a problem. It shouldn't be an issue for them to change a phone number on an application though. Good luck with it.

Now that I calm down a bit, it isn't as nearly as terrible than say lighting the building on fire :I I'm just so frantic to get a job. I get laid off mine by the end of next month. But yeah, its only three places I'm really concerned about ;w; the rest are like Burger King, so I'll just reapply whateves but the others are like privately owned. I'm so glad you did it too ;w; not glad that it happened just that I'm not the only person to do it. Blaaaarg job hunting is not in my comfort zoooone

I know what you mean. I'm frantically looking for work as well. I went in to an interview the other day and they basically told me that they had already hired everyone they needed and then shooed me away. I was like ghdgjfdhk, why even call me in then and waste my time? It was at my favorite bookstore too. :(

I completely understand where you are coming from. On the resume that I was sending out the first few months of searching, I mispelled "RELEVANT" to relevEnt." It is not as bad as phone number, but I was panicking just the same. It did not matter too much I guess as none of those places bothered to even call me with a rejection lol.

Inkt, squid, if you would like me to look at your resumes for you, I have gotten pretty good at it I think. My school did several workshops on resumes before I graduated :D

Inkt, squid, if you would like me to look at your resumes for you, I have gotten pretty good at it I think. My school did several workshops on resumes before I graduated

Thank you! My resume is really old and I should probably make a new one, although my tattoo artist told me that he can probably get me a job at my favorite coffee shop, so I'm stoked. xD

That would break my heart! I always have trouble shopping at places for a while after they turn me away. I called one place and told them the right number. Its the job I want the most. Later today, I'll do the other two I was really concerned about. They're so far away the last two , I'd loose money gong to and fro but ffft a job is better than no job.

Thanks Lydia! It is, is so annoyingly tough.

OOo, Rommy that would be rad! When I get to add my internship, my resume will look waaaay less lame. I don't get to add it until its over or they hire me. But since the company is moving into the city I'm prolly just going to be let go so fff. But ee typoes are awful on stuff. Though, I wonder if they even would catch something like that. Phone number mistake was so embarrassing. But I feel like an adult for fixxing it :I! And I won't even make that mistake again so hurzah! I've never gotten a single rejection call :| I called and they told me no then but its like dudes, pick up the phone and tell me no. What happened to common curtisey in the hiring area of companies? Not that I'd actually know if they use to do that or not u_u I'm not use to being working class

AWw, Xkiyoz! Good luck! What degree are you graduating with?

Ooo thanks sweet!I wish I had awesome sauce conections to places. Everyone I knew who owned a buisness had to close and sell or retire. And everyone else is either a teacher or in school pfft

Good luck getting the job you want. It would be difficult to commute a long ways for a job, but you're right, money is money and when you need it, sometimes you don't really have another option. D:

I want it so badly, I'm like an iota to just calling them every day and breathing into the phone heavily until they hire me. Yeah, bleeeg money is money and I want to buy soooo much and food. To live lawl

Just add in the, "Do you like scary movies *heavy breathing for a few moments*...I mean, do you enjoy them on a regular basis? Would you like to go see one with me?" bit and you'll get the job for sure.

That's a brilliant plan! Nothing can go wrong! Ueerg, it's awful out there. If it gets any worse, we'll start to have riots too. I have my Mom coaching me on how working class jobs work 'cause I have no clue beepbloop

But I figure if I keep throwing my resume at places, they'll eventually break down and hire me. 8D

Throwing things is a sure fire way to get attention, so no worries there. Eventually someone will appreciate what has been thrown at them.

They will, hopefully, one day *looks off into the distance* I can't believe the wait at some of these places. Like Mcdonalds has you waiting 6 months until you can submit again like

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. Acronyms containing curse words aren't allowed either. The words have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

IKR? Its like my last of my least wanted jobs. I don't really want to work there but if I was hired, I'd be the best darn worker. Chacha, my dwindling internship, and the farmer's market is the only way I've been making money. So once a month I get 100ish dollars, I make 1.00 an hour on Chacha, and I made a dollar today in the Farmer's market (*does the money dance*) but fhfgdfgdgd I can't live on what I make D: I'm expensive

Ugh, I tried ChaCha once. It was too much effort for waaay too little money. And do people even still use that thing to have their questions answered anymore? I thought it died out a while ago. I don't even know what the Farmer's Market is. :( At least McDonald's would be a steady income. I haven't heard back from anywhere I've applied to.

I was made redundant in February. I graduated in 2009 and was jobless for months until I got a part-time job in a city an hour away from me (despite the fact I can work full time) and I basically was doing a 12 hour day for a part time job with all the travelling (I had to be up two hours before my train, and arrive an hour before my job started, for example)

Since February I've applied for well over 100 jobs, gotten a few interviews. There are NO jobs for my hometown unless you're a nurse or carer :C The jobmarket is DEAD and I'm tearing my hair out over this. I NEED a full-time job!

lol I get the dumbest stuff asked. Its like dude, I appreciate the half cent but google would be waaaay better answering your question. Farmer's Market is where we sell veggies and fruit and baked goods and arts and crafts and stuff. Its really under valued which annoys me but some money is better than no money. Between the two I make like eight dollars a week orz

I finally got another interview at the new Gaint Eagle they have here. I went and that interview went okay! And then they had me come in for a second interview and I think that went okay. Now I have to wait for a phone call. Aaaaa adulthood, broken down to waiting for phone calls.

I know how you feel bro! I don't know how I'd cope if I had graduated and not getting a job. I'd give you all the comforting hugs cause its gross and brutal out there. I know that there are at lease 6 other people gunning for the job I want

I will end their lives to get it

Its so frustrating because we're young and bright and prolly hot and we want to work aaargh

OOo, Rommy that would be rad! When I get to add my internship, my resume will look waaaay less lame. I don't get to add it until its over or they hire me. But since the company is moving into the city I'm prolly just going to be let go so fff. But ee typoes are awful on stuff. Though, I wonder if they even would catch something like that. Phone number mistake was so embarrassing. But I feel like an adult for fixxing it :I! And I won't even make that mistake again so hurzah! I've never gotten a single rejection call :| I called and they told me no then but its like dudes, pick up the phone and tell me no. What happened to common curtisey in the hiring area of companies? Not that I'd actually know if they use to do that or not u_u I'm not use to being working class

My email is [email protected]. Anyone can email me if they want me to look at their resumes :D Also include what sort of position you are applying for. It is a lot more work, but I catered each of my resumes toward the position I was applying for. If it was a hospital, I made my hospital and soup kitchen volunteering prominent. If it was a government/military position, I pushed my Model UN chairmanship and analytical experience from classes. A resume is the outline of not just who you are, but why you should get THAT position. Again, more time, but it is so much sharper and employers would appreciate you doing the scanning a resume for important things for them.

I just got a job at the beginning of this month after graduating three months ago and looking for work long before that. I do not understand how this recession is over. Just because companies are making billiosn and the stock market is soaring does not mean a recession is over. The unemployment rate has been nearly 10 percent for months, and that does not count people UNDERemployed or those that have stopped looking out of frustration. It is probably more like 15 percent at this point. STOP DEBT REDUCTION AND USE THE GOVERNMENT TO CREATE JOBS like in the Great Depression. Tens of thousands of jobs could be created overnight if it were not for the blasted Republicans.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I had to move across the country, I've been frantically looking for jobs. I have particularly been looking for two types of jobs:

1) Library jobs. I have eleven years experience working in libraries. ELEVEN. I also have a bachelor's degree in economics, and that's not even required.

2) Special ed aide jobs. I have ten years experience working with students with disabilities. I also have 1.5 years graduate coursework in education.

I am overqualified by five years of education, and I have a decade of experience in both. I have found many, many jobs like these, and I have applied to over a hundred jobs. So I cannot understand why I cannot get hired for them. Especially since they keep REPOSTING the special ed aide jobs, like they're desperate. It's really irritating.

On the plus side, I do currently have a job--working at a college bookstore. The downside is, I'm only hired for the fall rush, and I have disabilities, and this job puts me in a lot of pain. So even if they wanted to keep me on past the few weeks, I can't do it.