Do the Art Gallery judges not pick certain styles?

queensorchadragon

So about a week before peophin day I entered my peophin drawing. I think it's pretty good....

185252_10150262262089775_640324774_7852505_3955836_n.jpg

I made sure I resized it to fit 500 px, cropped it in 3 different manners so they could choose their favorite if they wanted it. Is there anything I did wrong? Did I just enter it too late? I don't know and it makes me sad because I worked hard on it :(

Also, I rarely see drawings of this style in the AG, do they dislike this style or is it just not one that many draw in?

They get a lot of submissions and simply cannot accept everything they get. Your drawing is very lovely. You can try submitting it for another day if you want.

Piticent123- That's definitely not it. There have been quite a few comics and stories relating to love in the neopian times. These types of drawings are perfectly acceptable for neopets.

I can tell that you put a lot of time in your drawing. It's beautiful and I wish you had won the Art Gallery trophy for it.

TNT have stated before that they don't have a preference for sort of drawing. Digital is not superior to traditional for them. However, there are less traditional artworks being submitted in general, so that's why you see it less often around the Art Gallery.

Its not about submitting too late - I submitted the night before one of mine was chosen xD

The thing with the AG is that TNT don't even look at all the submissions. You may have to resubmit (every 1-2 weeks is a good guide) until its in a bunch the look at... but yes, your picture is very good so I'm certain when they do eventually see it it'll get in!

You don't have to submit it for Peophin day either, just keep submitting it generally :) They have plenty of "random" days too where they select all sorts of different things.

to be honest , im totally in love with this picture and i think it belongs to the art gallery ... i'm crazy about Royal Peophins actually ...

just re-submit it ....... you will eventually be chosen :)

• 3 weeks later...

it's BEAUTIFUL, too bad you didn't win.

i don't know why TNT wouldn't post it, their minds are hard to read...

Just keep trying, you're WAY better than i am!

• 2 months later...

That is definitely good enough to get into the AG!

You don't often see lineless, painterly style works, but they do crop up occasionally. It's probably more that not too many people draw in such a style than it's less acceptable.

You might try cropping off more of the sides (it's a little hard to see when shrunk down).

Other than that, just submit it every day until it gets in! That's what I do :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.