tempdisplay

What do you think of the release of a possible Avatar Faerie capable of giving users Avatars that are retired? Chances of getting her will be not as rare as FFQ yet not as common as normal Faeries, maybe chances like the Tooth Faerie or Faerie Queen. Items she'd ask for would be expensive too, obviously.

Thoughts? Or are retired avatars just that, retired.

it would be cool for the real avatar-hunters, but i think that it would be some of an anti-climax. and what if TNT decides to bring the avatar out again. the fun of getting avatars would be gone, and people with retired avatars wouldn't like it...i think

Eh I'm not too crazy about this idea. It will kind of cheapen it for people who own those avatars.

I kind of see the retired avatars as a reward for people who stuck with the site for so long and participated in events. Having people suddenly owning avatars for plots they were never a part of seems kind of wrong to me.

I agree with Luciana. It definitely wouldn't be fair for someone to own an avatar through a random event that someone else had worked hard for 9 years ago.

I think if she was just as rare as the Queen it be keen 8D I'm totes down with this idea. I mean, I understand why people would be all frown aced about it if they hung on to the same account forever but it would be awesome for those who missed a plot or who left and rejoined. I think it would be awesome if it was like quest based too, like uber rare items that are avatar relevant. But I'm always down for more Neopet fairies, their designs are so prettyyy

I can see how people who have earned the avatars would be upset with the idea I reckon a better idea..just my thinking...would be to rerun the plots so newer members could earn the avatars that have been retired

I dunno.... It's a really good idea for those that don't have them, but for those Neopets veterans that have been on the site for years I could imagine it would feel like a bit of a kick in the teeth. Like, what was the point of playing for all those years if people who have been playing a month can get the same avvies?

I agree with everyone here. Retired avvys are rewards for older members. Its a sign of elder-y-ness (xD). For a n00b to get it via random event...just wrong.

I think returning the plots would be fun, but don't release the avvy/trophies at the end. Just play it for fun.

For other avvys, idk...people put in some REALLY hard work playing games and saving NP for avvys. It wouldnt be fair (although I wouldnt mind if he/she gave out the wishing well avvy :))