Is it worth it?

I am currently training to get to level 30 so my pet can have all the abilities necessary. Problem is codestones are alittle pricey. Do abilities really come in handy for a bd pet that is only 36hp? I will soon have to pay 2 codestones and am afraid I will zero my bank account. I plan on once getting to level 30 continue using my lab ray.

There are certain abilities that are more useful than others to have.

this guide is pretty good. It shows you where to focus you money and what each of the abilities do so you can pick what you like based on your fighting style and the weapons you have.

well, a couple like Burrow and Heal do, but the majority dont help anybody. If its possible, you could train @ Krawk island for dubloons

The only problem about KI training is that it takes forever to train them that way. But it is way cheaper...

Definitely do MI then :P why do you have 36hp at level 30? :/ That should be your first priority. Zap it if you have the lab to build up hp if you dont feel like training

because lab ray can take levels away which it has been doing so i figured i'll get to level 30, get the abilities, and then go back to lab ray. I don't normally train cause I don't have the money to so I zap it.