Five Letter Logic

Parry

TRAGEDY (0,2,5)

FORGIVE (0,2,5)

Quickly (0,3,4)

APPROVE (0,1,6)

LYRICS_ (2,1,4) {positioning based on counting from the left, with the _ at the end}

AGAINST (1,1,5)

RESCIND (0,1,6)

LYRICAL (3,1,3)

YTTRIUM (0,3,4)

TYRANNY (1,1,5)

Testing the waters is good. It is a very difficult word; it's from a class I'm taking on Coursera, and most people may not remember having heard of it (though I bet you have seen/heard it before, even if you can't remember -- the class made me think of it, but I definitely knew it before taking the class).

TRAGEDY (0,2,5)

FORGIVE (0,2,5)

Quickly (0,3,4)

APPROVE (0,1,6)

LYRICS_ (2,1,4) {positioning based on counting from the left, with the _ at the end}

AGAINST (1,1,5)

RESCIND (0,1,6)

LYRICAL (3,1,3)

YTTRIUM (0,3,4)

TYRANNY (1,1,5)

LUMINAL (2,1,4)

I just double-checked everything, and I'm pretty sure there are no mistakes. Here are two hints.

TRAGEDY and FORGIVE have no correct letters in common.

FORGIVE and APPROVE have one correct letter in common.

XYLITOL

Xylitol (pron.: /ˈzlɪtɒl/; Greek: ξύλον, xyl[on], "wood" + suffix -itol, used to denote sugar alcohols), categorized as a polyalcohol (alditol), has interesting applications in hygiene and nutraceutical formulations and products.

okaaaaaay... well at least i learned something today :p

Yep, xylitol! It's a common component of sugar-free gums (and because of its anti-cavity properties, is sometimes in big letters on the front of the label -- I've even heard it mentioned in radio ads).

Thank goodness; I'll be online very little tomorrow, and I would have left you guys hanging for a while.