Krawk Island Has Vanished!

hrtbrk

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just spent 2.3m on two BD weapons. This better be freakin' worth it! :laughingsmiley:

I expect they're gonna let us stew over it today, and then post news on it tomorrow

I seriously doubt it would be all BD...they haven't updated BD stuff enough lately for that. I'm sure there'll be something for everyone, since TFR got such positive responses.

OMG, I can't wait. I hope they release the news today.

I mean it would be pretty hard to sink a world and not comment on it.

And I think we have stewed enough with the tentacles and all...

I expect we will, at the very least, have to fight the squid. Which sucks. I don't mind BDing, but I just don't have any strong pets, and I'm not willing to make the HUGE investment that is training them. I think it is nice when site events are brain based because they are challenging for everyone, but still something that all players are capable of completing. I'm just not strong enough to fight some monsters, not that I'm not willing, it's just not possible.

OMG, I can't wait. I hope they release the news today.

I mean it would be pretty hard to sink a world and not comment on it.

And I think we have stewed enough with the tentacles and all...

I expect we will, at the very least, have to fight the squid. Which sucks. I don't mind BDing, but I just don't have any strong pets, and I'm not willing to make the HUGE investment that is training them. I think it is nice when site events are brain based because they are challenging for everyone, but still something that all players are capable of completing. I'm just not strong enough to fight some monsters, not that I'm not willing, it's just not possible.

I really think this argument isn't fair as the BD is still a part of Neopets and ignoring that would isolate the people who toiled to make their pets strong. Just as stamp collecting, avvie collecting, whatever have their own niche, BD players should also be rewarded for their hard work.

I severely hope the opponents are semi-weak. My pets are level, like, 12 and 4 or something. I need to feed them, too. I need to train big time. xD I also hope it's more towards puzzles, I've gotten good at those since Faerie's Ruin, which had some puzzles (i think.)

I really think this argument isn't fair as the BD is still a part of Neopets and ignoring that would isolate the people who toiled to make their pets strong. Just as stamp collecting, avvie collecting, whatever have their own niche, BD players should also be rewarded for their hard work.

How are stamp and avatar collectors rewarded? They don't have steps in plots that require people to have X number of avatars or stamps...And BDers have a niche...it's called the Battle Dome. Also they have the defenders of Neopia trophies that they can win. I collect avatars and outside of the pride and love I have for my collection I don't get any kind of reward for it....no trophy, no place on the site, etc. I know how hard BDers work, and what HUGE amounts of money they have to spend, so I'm not belittling your commitment. In fact, thats my point...there are lots of things people choose to spend their time and points on that other people have no interest in.

When it comes to community wide events, none of those things should be included. It should be at least possible for the whole community to complete them, and have nothing to do with how many points you've been able to amass. Now that's not to say that they shouldn't be so hard that some people won't complete them; they should definitely be very challenging or the prizes and the accomplishment aren't worth anything. However, I don't think that people who want to participate should be left out of the BIG site wide events just because their area of interest isn't in one particular part of the site or because they didn't have 3 million to drop on BD weapons/training. It's not just the battle dome, I would say the same thing if book reading or plushie collecting, or anything like that were included in a plot. Games and puzzles put everyone on equal footing regardless of points or interests.

Agreed. The BD gets shafted enough by Neopets; it deserves to be a part of the plot. Just because some of you guys don't train your pets/buy weapon/whatever, doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer <_<

I don't BD too much, but I do enjoy it, and I really hope that the money I've been spending on in over the past few weeks won't go to waste.

I'm excited. I hope it involves an alliance between MQ and KI.

I've been on Neo for 11 years and, besides the AC, I've never done a plot. It's cool that this one involves KI, since I played for KI in the cup.

I really hope it isn't all battledome though. My pets are nowhere near tough enough!

Agreed. The BD gets shafted enough by Neopets; it deserves to be a part of the plot. Just because some of you guys don't train your pets/buy weapon/whatever, doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer <_<

I don't BD too much, but I do enjoy it, and I really hope that the money I've been spending on in over the past few weeks won't go to waste.

How do you get the shaft? There is a whole portion of the site and several trophies dedicated to you? I read books and collect avatars...those are the big things I try to spend my time and points on. If you want to compare your interests to mine then I get way more of the "shaft" than you do. There is one trophy for books, and no part of the site actively dedicated to avatar or book collecting. But Neopets hobbies are just like real world hobbies, they aren't about being "rewarded" they are about spending time doing something you enjoy.

I'm not trying to say that other parts of the site should get focus over the battle dome. I'm just saying that since it is a big site wide event it should be fair. I don't try to say, "The plots should have a step where you have to have certain avatars to unlock doors," or "your pet should have to be at least "x" amount of smart in order to complete plot puzzles." And if that where the case people would think it was unfair, and I would agree with them. So why should you get to say, "the plots should have a step where vast numbers of points spent on training and weapons are essential to completion and therefore categorically exclude a lot of the community."

If they want to have BD steps then they should at least have an alternative equally difficult step for people with no interest in training and weapons.

I've just found a closeup of what's left of Krawk Island here. All that's left is a hut ... makes me wonder if anyone's living inside there atm...

Thanks for the closeup. Weird. I wonder if it's supposed to be any of the specific buildings.

Aww...Bummer...

I'm sure that means they sunk it early and we are going to have to wait another day to find out what's up...

You think it was a mistake? TNT is really off their game lately. The AC was such a mess, then the trophies went out wrong, and now this. Too much grog, I say.

You think it was a mistake? TNT is really off their game lately. The AC was such a mess, then the trophies went out wrong, and now this. Too much grog, I say.

Yeah, when I use to be on the TDN News Team we would catch them making mistakes a lot. I don't think the various departments cross communicate all that well. So some department does an active thing like...sink an island, and content people are like...Woah! We aren't ready to start the plot yet. Not to mention having to prep mods and stuff for thing like plots which are going to bring in a lot of extra people. It just can't be easy to coordinate something like that...

Yeah, when I use to be on the TDN News Team we would catch them making mistakes a lot. I don't think the various departments cross communicate all that well. So some department does an active thing like...sink an island, and content people are like...Woah! We aren't ready to start the plot yet. Not to mention having to prep mods and stuff for thing like plots which are going to bring in a lot of extra people. It just can't be easy to coordinate something like that...

I never really thought of it like that. It must have been so much easier before Nickelodeon took over because there was a LOT less site content, but with the advertisers such a big company wants to attract, that extra content had to arrive relatively quickly.

I guess it would take some time to catch up with how fast they're growing, I just wish they'd take a breather to get the quality control caught up with the content. It seems like every week there are new games, items, and expansions, which is really fun, but the glitches are maddening. I can imagine that it's pretty stressful on the staff too.

Take the Habitarium. They release new stuff for it and new levels semi-regularly, but they still haven't fixed all the glitches that lock people out.