OldNeo - Giving Away Join Codes

Lemur

OldNeo finally has the join code system set up, so I'm giving away join codes to TDN users, cause I know we're an awesome bunch of people.

You must have more than 20 posts to get a join code. If you're interested, post here and I'll mail you one.

You must have joined TDN before the 1st of June 2011. (So no joining TDN and then spamming to get a code).

For those who haven't heard about OldNeo, it's a website made to look like the old version of neopets (with the side bar and UC pets), which is totally interactive. You can see what the old forums looked like, what the old games room looked like, the old faerieland, etc.

Users are even beginning to create their own versions of Uncoverted pets. Here's some examples:

lutari_baby_baby.giflutari_magma_baby.gifxweetok_tyrannian_baby.gif

xweetok_tyrannian_baby1.giftecho_royalgirl_baby.giftecho_royalboy_baby.gif

I always get nervous with making new posts so I'm going to run away and return to lurking now :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OldNeo finally has the join code system set up, so I'm giving away join codes to TDN users, cause I know we're an awesome bunch of people. You must have more than 20 posts to get a join code. If you're interested, post here and I'll mail you one.

For those who haven't heard about OldNeo, it's a website made to look like the old version of neopets (with the side bar and UC pets), which is totally interactive. You can see what the old forums looked like, what the old games room looked like, the old faerieland, etc.

Users are even beginning to create their own versions of Uncoverted pets. Here's some examples:

lutari_baby_baby.giflutari_magma_baby.gifxweetok_tyrannian_baby.gif

xweetok_tyrannian_baby1.giftecho_royalgirl_baby.giftecho_royalboy_baby.gif

I always get nervous with making new posts so I'm going to run away and return to lurking now :(

I would be Thrilled if you send me a code, 'cause I think OldNeo is awesome.

Do I have to PM my e-mail?, or do you send the code by a PM?

I would LOVE to join OldNeo, so I would be thrilled if you could send me one.

Do I have to send

I just found this existed :O

OMG is sooo great, I wish I could get that code. I've been playing Neopets for the past 8 years (started when I was 12), and the day TNT create the "new site", was the worst day of my "neo-life" ._.

I really miss my UC pets -.-

But, just because I'm a little late, I won't be able to get a code? :/

(obs: sorry my english, I'm Portugues xD)

Neopet's username: oohuguhoo

what exactly is a join code anyway?

because 200 new accounts were made in 1 day, they couldn't handle it and stopped the ability to make new accounts.

from now on, you need a join code if you want to make a new account

I'm just going to watch the topic cause I have no chance to have a code :( I tought that having a TDN account we could use the same user/password to the forums too :( I emailed Lily once,but I'm not sure... Btw now I have to discover how to use the forums around here.

really thnx for the code :king:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I would like a join code. I wasn't active much before the customization stuff because I was pretty young & now I feel like I missed out on some good times

PM a code, please?

Well, today was the first time I heard about OldNeo. I play neopets since 2004, so I miss the old site.

Can I try having this code, even if I'm not registered in this forum before 1st of June? DD:

I promise no spamming! Please? ;3;

[sorry if I committed any mistake in the use of english. I'm from Brazil. -wut]

Wow, I have never heard of oldneo, but that sounds amazing! I was so sad when they converted the neopets. I was really reluctant to convert my mutant hissi and I didn't do it until a year after the converted neopets came out. I would love to have a code and check it out, if you don't mind? PM me one please :)

Ooh, didn't know we had Baby Lutari already!! or is this a sneak preview for TDN? :P

They all look great, Lemur! I hope the stress of running the site lessens soon :)

Well, I just found out that the owner of OldNeo blocked Brasilian's IP. WHY?

I'm Portugues, but I find this really stupid -___-

Some of my neo friends were so hopefull about getting the code and now this? Ok, there are so many brazilian n00bs out there... but there's also AMERICAN n00bs (as portugues)... what do you except to win by doing this? Your only loosing... Neopets has a big average of Brazilian people, you could use that in your own benefit. Think about that :)

Well, I just found out that the owner of OldNeo blocked Brasilian's IP. WHY?

I'm Portugues, but I find this really stupid -___-

Some of my neo friends were so hopefull about getting the code and now this? Ok, there are so many brazilian n00bs out there... but there's also AMERICAN n00bs (as portugues)... what do you except to win by doing this? Your only loosing... Neopets has a big average of Brazilian people, you could use that in your own benefit. Think about that :)

As stated in the oldneo website, this is because of the HUGE influx of brazilian players joining the site, and swamping the neoboards with non-English threads. Only TWO people take care of the site, and neither of them speak brazilian. There was also a huge request for help in brazilian (or translated horribly using Google Translate), which is why they've blocked the IP for now.

Here is the complete post for your reference:

If you've been browsing the forums, you would notice that oldneo has become quite popular with Brazilian players. Grey and I have no problems with Brazilians. If they could speak English fluently then there would be no problem. Grey and I need to be able to communicate with our users as well as moderate the forums. We are very sorry to have to do this, but from this point forward, you must speak in English when talking on the forums. (The odd word here and there such as swine or baka is okay).

We really do feel bad about having to do this. Joining codes are only going to be given to people who can speak English fluently. When we get neomailed questions that don't make sense because they have been poorly translated by google it does tend to stress us out a bit.

Another problem that we've been having is the discussion of OldNeo on the official neopets.com forums. This is NOT allowed. This has mostly been a problem on the Portuguese forums but there have been occurrences on the English forums too. DON'T do it. You're breaking neopets.com rules, and giving OldNeo unwanted attention.

Current Brazilian players are welcome to stay, but please ensure that your forum posts are in English, and that if you do contact an administrator with an issue, that it is in English and that we can clearly understand you.

Once again, we're very sorry. We're only two regular people though and we just can not handle multilingual support at this time.

We are really sorry but we just don't have the capacity to support brazilians users :( I never imagined when creating the site that we would encounter this issue so we are really sorry :(

And a sneak preview Manta ;-) It's actually released, but the news post isn't coming out until later :D