Getting tired of neopets?

indigo

As far as I know, this isn't breaking any forum rules. I didn't find anything about mentioning other pet sites/web sites not directly neopets-related, although maybe I missed something.

Anyway...

Are you tired of neopets? I personally haven't played neopets in a few years. In fact, I logged on (or tried to) for the first time in over a year the other day, and it said I was frozen. It wasn't my fault /directly/, but they said that there was suspicious activity and it was frozen "for my protection." I've also read on other fansites that neo has silenced someone for stating how they were proposed to, or for talking about harry potter.

If you're starting to grow tired of the direction neopets has been going or want to try something new, then try Subeta! The website below offers a comparison between Neopets and Subeta.

http://tiredofneopets.com/

On Subeta, there are so many things different from neo. First off, take a look at the art. You can see the difference pretty easily. Pets - neopets allows you to have four from what I remember - on subeta, you can have five, 10 pets with a gold account, up to 20 pets with mystical donadak/montre plushies, and some users have up to 28-30 pet slots, since you can also obtain them from loyalty boxes. Sounds cool if you're a pet lover, huh?

I think the major thing that sets subeta apart from neo is the forums and the pure friendliness of the users. On subeta, there are forums for just about anything - roleplaying, art/graphics (selling/buying!), bragging/complaining, human avatars (take a look at the comparison site), entertainment, whatever. As long as it doesn't cross the line (for example, saying you're going to kill everybody), then there is going to be somewhere where you can talk about it. And yes, you can talk about your proposal or Harry Potter - in fact, we have some Harry Potter related items on site. (;

So do you want to join subeta? Just click the button below! (provided I can get it to work...)

20.gif

And hit me up if you want to chat. My username's indigo. :)

I had a friend into Subeta... and her account was compromised over there, which lead to her email being compromised, which eventually lead to losing her Neopets account. So I've always been wondering how /secure/ is that site? Is it targetted by scammers and crackers alot?

Nope! Fraid not, I still love Neopets and wanna devote all my time to the pets I have on there :P

But good luck promoting the site ^_^

You wouldn't even be interested in looking at what some more of the pets look like? (; I'm sure I can convince you to change your mind!

jollin_darkmatter.pnganyu_glade.png

popoko_glacier.pnglain_angelic.png

rreign_hydrus.pngjollin.png

legeica_galactic.pngdevonti_reborn.png

montre_graveyard.pngbumbus_spectrum.png

And that's only some of their pet species/colors.

You can take a look at a full list here:

http://www.neocolours.me.uk/subeta/subetaindex.php

I had a friend into Subeta... and her account was compromised over there, which lead to her email being compromised, which eventually lead to losing her Neopets account. So I've always been wondering how /secure/ is that site? Is it targetted by scammers and crackers alot?

Absolutely not. I've never heard of anything like this even remotely happening. The fact of the matter is, subeta is small in comparison to neopets - probably the biggest and well-known pet site out there. Hackers/scammers are much more interested in neopets than subeta, to put it bluntly.

As far as I know, the only time accounts have ever been hacked was probably at least 4-5 years ago now, during the longcat incident which I still don't fully understand. Something about 4chan.

Anyway, subeta is incredibly safe - there's a part on the website that talks about it as well. c:

Nope! Fraid not, I still love Neopets and wanna devote all my time to the pets I have on there :P

But good luck promoting the site ^_^

LOLz, mah bestie is too awesome.

We actually get an inordinate amount of people coming on here trying to get us away from Neo. It's not against the rules, but it just gets kinda tiring. I'm sure your site is fine, but don't take it personally if you aren't met with a lot of positive responses. :)

I've heard about the site before.

Unfortunately, I couldn't join because you have to be 13 and above to join.

This is one thing that I won't argue. :/ I'm really sorry about this rule, however I can see why it stands - it's to prevent the forums from getting overrun by children - most of the people on subeta are around 15-25, I'd say. Some older, some younger.

I'm sorry about it, but...it gives you something to look forward to?

I find part of your argument completely invalid. Just because you're a different site and you're smaller, doesn't mean that you won't get crackers or people who will cheat at your site with scripts and programs.

We actually get an inordinate amount of people coming on here trying to get us away from Neo. It's not against the rules, but it just gets kinda tiring. I'm sure your site is fine, but don't take it personally if you aren't met with a lot of positive responses. :)

hahaha trufax :laughingsmiley: It's kind of funny, actually.

For me, anyway, Neopets will always have one thing that these newer sites never will: nostalgia ;)

I find part of your argument completely invalid. Just because you're a different site and you're smaller, doesn't mean that you won't get crackers or people who will cheat at your site with scripts and programs.

People who cheat are automatically iced - which is saying more on subeta than neo since you're only allowed one account on subeta, while on neo you're allowed five per email address? Correct me if I'm wrong, that's what I remember from when I used to play.

I'm not saying that we're immune from crackers or cheaters, however, subeta has a much lower occurrence of them. I haven't heard of an account getting hacked in eons - which is saying something, since I'm on the forums every day and have over 10,000 posts.

I know my opinion probably isn't worth much, since I'm obviously biased, but you can always try it out for yourself. Or I could try to get people to give testimonials, if you'd like.

Question: How easy is it to make money/ get painted pets on this site?

Question: How easy is it to make money/ get painted pets on this site?

This is copied straight from the Statistics page:

The average user has 6,361,178 sP

The richest user has 18,119,115,704 sP

There is a total of 646,779,142,024 sP

So the richest user is rolling around in over 18 billion. D: Honestly, Subeta is probably the easiest pet site to get money on - at least, the ones I've tried. Potions usually cost around 2-10 million, depending on which one you want/if it changes the pet's pose. c: It's really quite easy to get sP - restocking is super profitable as well. From what I remember, neopets items tend to sell for less or about the same in user shops as it did in main shops. The vast majority of items that rs in subeta shops you can profit from. I usually spend 1-2 hours a day rsing and can make at least 6-10 million profit in that time.

Additionally, there are bunches of quests to do a day. The wizard + saggitarius are the most profitable. The wizard gives you tokens that you can sell (around 20k a pop?). While you can only do saggitarius quests if you have at least 750k, you can make around 500k-1 million a day from him. c:

Oh - and the galactic pet color - the one that looks like the pet was colored with the night sky - you have to do a quest to turn your pet galactic, and it costs like, 15k. xD

Guest iYoshinho

I sadly disagree. I even read the entire site.

I was never frozen on TNT's fault on Neo and I troll a lot on the neoboards I have been on neo since 2004-2006 up tell still now.

I have not gotten a TNT warning for 2-3 years.

Ohh they have 10 more items than neopets, I feel so special

I sadly disagree. I even read the entire site.

I was never frozen on TNT's fault on Neo and I troll a lot on the neoboards I have been on neo since 2004-2006 up tell still now.

I have not gotten a TNT warning for 2-3 years.

Ohh they have 10 more items than neopets, I feel so special

That's your opinion, I respect that.

You might not have been frozen - but think about all those users that were.

As for items, I'm not going to get in a quantity debate. However, you want to take a look at the quality of art of the items? The fact that neo rolls out new items daily means that, at least in my opinion, the quality of the art done is less. Subetan artists spend a lot of time - and do a good job at doing their job.

I'm not trying to slam neopets - their art is fine, however I do believe that subeta's art is superior.

And if you want to disagree, that's fine.

Guest iYoshinho

If you aren't trying to slam neopets. You wouldn't have ordered a domain to build a website to promote subeta and to drag people off of Neopets on a Neopets fan site forum

I like Neopets and icepets so why not promote them? I do not think anyone has gotten banned there yet, but they are new too

If you aren't trying to slam neopets. You wouldn't have ordered a domain to build a website to promote subeta and to drag people off of Neopets on a Neopets fan site forum

I like Neopets and icepets so why not promote them? I do not think anyone has gotten banned there yet, but they are new too

I didn't order anyone to build a website comparing subeta and neopets. As far as I know, someone decided to build a site comparing the two - it wasn't even built by one of the staff members.

And you seem to assume that there is no balance. Dragging people off neopets? You can still play neopets as well as subeta, if you want to. I used to do both. Now obviously I don't. People make the decision to sign up on subeta, as well as make the decision to leave neopets. I'm not dragging them off, they do it of their own free will. If I was breathing down their necks IRL blackmailing them to quit playing neopets, maybe I could see what you're getting at. But what I'm doing is just pointing out an alternative.

Like I said, everyone has their own opinions/preferences. I got iced on neopets, and I do not play icepets (and upon a quick google search it kind of looks like a site for children), so why would I have any reason to promote them?

Where do you people come from, anyway? Do the other pet sites pay you to come over here and bug us? :laughingsmiley: Seriously.

And if it's that easy to get painted pets, where do you spent the rest of your time once all your pets are painted? :P

I didn't order anyone to build a website comparing subeta and neopets. As far as I know, someone decided to build a site comparing the two - it wasn't even built by one of the staff members.

And you seem to assume that there is no balance. Dragging people off neopets? You can still play neopets as well as subeta, if you want to. I used to do both. Now obviously I don't. People make the decision to sign up on subeta, as well as make the decision to leave neopets. I'm not dragging them off, they do it of their own free will. If I was breathing down their necks IRL blackmailing them to quit playing neopets, maybe I could see what you're getting at. But what I'm doing is just pointing out an alternative.

Like I said, everyone has their own opinions/preferences. I got iced on neopets, and I do not play icepets (and upon a quick google search it kind of looks like a site for children), so why would I have any reason to promote them?

I'm not trying to be hostile, I'd just like for people to at least look.

Where do you people come from, anyway? Do the other pet sites pay you to come over here and bug us? :laughingsmiley: Seriously.

And if it's that easy to get painted pets, where do you spent the rest of your time once all your pets are painted? :P

No, they don't pay. I'm not going to lie, subeta does offer item prizes for referrals, but those are strictly virtual items. (And those usually go to people named 'facebook' and 'google' anyway. ._.)

Anyway, in a recent Keith Answers (Keith is the owner of the site, he frequently does videos where he answers some of the user questions) he said that if we could get 150 people to sign up a day for five days straight, he'd give us all an extra pet slot. Which I'd like, since I'm sitting at the max I can get atm (until I get a loyalty box), which is 26 pet slots. ._.

You can spend your time in tons of places! Honestly, you can spend hours dressing up your human avatar or posting in the forums, which is what I do. I lurk/occasionally post, because the variety of forum topics you can see are really interesting.

As for pets, coloring them isn't the only thing you can do to them. You can edit their pet pages to get them art/graphics/a story. c: Here are some of my pets if you'd like to take a look!

http://subeta.net/pets/Everlost

http://subeta.net/pets/Cygnus

http://subeta.net/pets/Zabeth (who isn't done, but I just wanted to show you the artistic talent of some of the users on subeta)

Guest iYoshinho

Order=Go to a paid hosting site like GoDaddy or Dreamhost and ordering a domain you know buying a domain.

Also I am not even registered at Icepets, apparently the dude that owned it came along TDN a while ago and asked for an interview.

If you do not like Neopets, I respect that, I have been ignoring virtual pet sites for a while because I am either outside with friends or on Facebook but if you want to improve your site, you might wanna.

1.Cover up you /img directory listing (http://tiredofneopets.com/img/) with an index.html file in the directory and either leave it blank or add a message.

2.Add a place for people to discuss this a forum(mybb, phpbb, punbb etc or free forum hosting but map your domain to it) Or use a chatbox

Other than that, you should be fine. Just cover those areas you do not want people to see

Order=Go to a paid hosting site like GoDaddy or Dreamhost and ordering a domain you know buying a domain.

Also I am not even registered at Icepets, apparently the dude that owned it came along TDN a while ago and asked for an interview.

If you do not like Neopets, I respect that, I have been ignoring virtual pet sites for a while because I am either outside with friends or on Facebook but if you want to improve your site, you might wanna.

1.Cover up you /img directory listing (http://tiredofneopets.com/img/) with an index.html file in the directory and either leave it blank or add a message.

2.Add a place for people to discuss this a forum(mybb, phpbb, punbb etc or free forum hosting but map your domain to it) Or use a chatbox

Other than that, you should be fine. Just cover those areas you do not want people to see

Okay, so I'm going to repeat this. I did not make the site. The site was not made by me. Nor do I actually know who made the site - Keith says it was made by one of his friends (Lu). I didn't make the site, so I cannot edit the site. It was not made by me. Thus I cannot add forums/make any changes to the site. I also didn't ORDER the site because I didn't MAKE the site.

You can choose whether or not to believe me.

(I didn't make the site.)

Also, I am going to bed, so I will respond to any queries anyone has in the morning. c:

Well, I can at least vouch for Keith. He sure does spend all his time making sure Subeta is up and running and free of errors. The site may have a few hiccups here and there, but they don't last long.

Subeta is basically a slightly more mature version of Neopets, but still kid-appropriate.

I will admit, the art is nice. There certainly aren't as many games, but I can say I enjoyed it. At least a little.

And we really should calm down a little in here. There's nothing wrong with promoting another site, as long as the promoter isn't offering incentives like items or points. :) And besides, you can play multiple sites at once. I can't even count how many adoptable sites I've used in the past month.

Sorry Ruto, you're right. :( It was just the tone of the post that set me off: I keep getting annoyed by the attitude that other pet sites have, that they need to prove to us why Neopets is a bad place.

I don't think Neopets is a bad place; I just don't find it interesting anymore. I don't play Subeta anymore, either, but that was just my personal choice. :D I'm just trying to set some things straight. Subeta doesn't bash Neo, they're too professional for that.

On Subeta, there are so many things different from neo. First off, take a look at the art. You can see the difference pretty easily. Pets - neopets allows you to have four from what I remember - on subeta, you can have five, 10 pets with a gold account, up to 20 pets with mystical donadak/montre plushies, and some users have up to 28-30 pet slots, since you can also obtain them from loyalty boxes. Sounds cool if you're a pet lover, huh?

If want you want from a pet site is number of pets and quality of art you might like to try Aywas. We get people coming in here to advertise it too, so I think it has members with the same kind of mindset as you :) You can have thousands of pet slots and can completely customise pets so there is a limitless number of pets and the art's as good as you or any user can make it. They have heaps of plushies for you to collect too!

I think The Daily Neopets is mainly a forum for people who love Neopets and like talking about Neopets. But if you're interested in comparing attributes of pet sites, you might like to visit Virtual Pet List which will have plenty topics and links for you :)

dear OP, I'm making a new site too ,

tiredofhattershattinonneopets.ORG

btw , how did u know what "silenced" means if you haven't played for years ? this feature was added recently to the site ...

thanks and buh-bye :)