Neopets Premium?

Naamah D.

I was wondering, do you HAVE to get a refferal from another player to sign up for Neopets premium. For those of you who use premium, what's it like? I don't mind paying the money, I'll do anything to support Neopets.

I don't think you have to be referred, I think you can sign up here... http://premium.neopets.com/portal.aspx

the benefits include...

no ads, super shop wizard, beta testing games, more/positive random events, premium message boards

I might not sign up. I pefer to buy Neocash cards instead to support Neopets. I'm starting to buy 3 Neocash cards a month. Plus my pets enjoy all the nice things I buy from the NC Mall :P

I know of at least one other perk: weekly scratchcards with better prizes. I believe it's a scratchcard unavailable to anyone else.

I'm curious about it too and I would like to try it. However, when I'm at school I don't know that I have enough time to make it worth it. So I'd probs feel like I needed to play more because of the money... and when I'm studying, it's hard enough to control my need to play as it is!

I know of at least one other perk: weekly scratchcards with better prizes. I believe it's a scratchcard unavailable to anyone else.

Weekly scratchards unavailable to non-Premium members, YES.

Better prizes? Uh, no. I never won more than 2500 nps off of one.

Premium Pro:

The SSW.

Con:

You can only do like ten searches on it before it breaks, rendering itself useless for an hour or so.

Pro:

More random events

Con:

REs not always the good kind.

Pro:

Your own email account.

Con:

Who really needs ANOTHER email account?

Pro:

Your own portal. (A page that displays links and other stuff like the weather and movie times.)

Con:

It hasn't been updated for like five years, and it refused to let me change the location of my weather.

Pro:

An exclusive neoboard just for Premium members.

Con:

Only one of them is active -- the Charter members one.

Pro:

You get an avatar.

Con:

It costs REAL MONEY EVERY MONTH.

I've had Premium twice. I'll never get it again. The cons are just not worth the pros for me.