Dads

Naamah D.

I love my Dad. He's always taken good care of me when my mom goes to Boston with her boyfriend(whose daughter plays Neopets). However, we tend to clash on some things. He believes strongly in reading. Me being the Arts and Crafts and online gaming person that I am, don't like reading because I have nothing to do with my hands other than flip a page every other minute. I'm not too, too into console games(I like them a little) but I feel like I have to be somebody I'm not when he's around. Neopets is my main hobby. When I ever he ask to use games(console games) that can't I have more than one file on them, and I say no and explain why he says "Fine be selfish like that" and I say "You don't get it..." and he says "No I don't want to hear it go be selfish somewhere else." I'm not being selfish, I just don't want to have to delete my game and start over all because somebody is basically beating it for me. Trust me, I love my dad. But sometimes I don't think he realizes that what he says can be a little, even if it's joking, to serious and a little hurtful. Has anyone ever loved but clashed with their parents opinion-wise?

I feel for you. Sorry that he doesn't understand that some games can't have more than one file. It'd be a shame to erase all your progress to let him have a turn. Maybe you could get him one of his own games ;)

I love my dad too, but we disagree on a LOT of things. It's not just me though, my brother and my mother both have problems with him too. He's a control-freak, has a very bad temper and is often unfair.

I feel for you. Sorry that he doesn't understand that some games can't have more than one file. It'd be a shame to erase all your progress to let him have a turn. Maybe you could get him one of his own games ;)

I love my dad too, but we disagree on a LOT of things. It's not just me though, my brother and my mother both have problems with him too. He's a control-freak, has a very bad temper and is often unfair.

He's a good man. Moved from California to Boston just to be with us. He's just very opinionated and believes in what he believes firmly. I'm slightly more free spirited, emotional, and sensitive than him.

Well that was very good of him :)

As long as you love him and appreciate him that's all that matters. Everyone disagrees with their parents at some point in their lives.

Bottom line, your parents love you and want the best for you. They may be a little overbearing, and protective, but they still want to see you succeed in life! In time you'll realize it. For now.. it's growing pains. And even when you do get older.. they are still overbearing and protective. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I wish me and my dad fought about stuff like that...

My mom was a heroin addict who went to jail when I was 5.

And my dad is the biggest stoner I've ever met.. and trust me.. I know a lot of them.

My dad is constantly getting mad at me when I dont understand what he is trying to say, then he yells at me and calls me a spoiled.

Im pretty sure me not understanding him correctly has nothing to do with me being spoiled..

Also, he has like no friends (except one), so he is always trying to get involved in my business.. Its like dad.. Im going to be 18 in a month.. you need to back off.. now.

When hes not high, hes a jerk.. when he is high, hes annoying and makes stupid jokes and he gets mad when I dont laugh.

Seriously, be happy all you and your dad fight about is games.

For christmas, or his birthday, or fathers day just get him his own games.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. The words have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

^I'm sorry to hear that. My mom got really annoyed with me yesterday, so then I got annoyed with her. Chain reaction, I guess.

• 1 month later...

well if he only games once in a while, let him start a new game and not save it. Then if he likes the game perhaps you can hurry and beat it, you said yourself you don't play console games much, so playing a game once every few weeks or so will take a long time to finish it. If he likes the game, sit down and finish it so he can play, or maybe realize that not letting him play a game you play infrequently may be a tad selfish.... not being mean, just some food for thought.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.