Neopets: Treasure Hunters Beta!

hrtbrk

Neopets are soon to take over Facebook as they're getting ready to appear in a new game that is being developed by Meteor Games (aka by Adam and Donna)!

While it is still in closed beta stages, we have a preview of the game for you!

neoth.png

Premium users can apply to be apart of the beta group via the portal. Applicants that were accepted into the test group will be notified by Neomail.

Hold on, Adam and Donna sold Neopets to Viacom and went to start the new company Meteor Games. Think they were designing a MMO called Twin Skies to begin with. They are now making neopets games.

So Adam and Donna has agreed to work for Viacom on a business they sold? Its like owning a shop, selling it then going back to work as a cashier xD

Hold on, Adam and Donna sold Neopets to Viacom and went to start the new company Meteor Games. Think they were designing a MMO called Twin Skies to begin with. They are now making neopets games.

So Adam and Donna has agreed to work for Viacom on a business they sold? Its like owning a shop, selling it then going back to work as a cashier xD

Yeah Paul, you do have a point. But then it is more like working for McDonalds, quitting to go work at Burger King, but then being offered to train new cashiers for McDonalds. They get paid for a project. It just happened to be the place they used to work. But for the game, it looks kind of fun...

It looks adorable! I only have a FB to keep up with a friend I grew up with, and play Farmville with my husband and father-in-law. I'll definitely have to check this out when it becomes available on FB.

Or they could take their experience and knowledge of Neopets and charge a very high fee to make an amazing game...

It would be like selling a shop, then doing the new owner a favour and charging them for your "consultants" fee ;)

Very smart of them really..

I never play Facebook games....don't tempt me Neopets! ARGH! :laughingsmiley:

Tell me about it! I don't spend more than 20 mins a day on my facebook.

hmm... this reminds me of neohomes for some reason :P I'd totally like to try it when it comes out

I'd play, so long as my friends and family couldn't see that I was playing. o_O; Which is kind of difficult to do with Facebook games. xD

Well, not difficult so much as annoying. x_x

I don't want people replying to it with, "NEOPETS, WHAT? I played that when I was 10" or "... that looks like a little kid's game."

I don't want people replying to it with, "NEOPETS, WHAT? I played that when I was 10" or "... that looks like a little kid's game."

I know how you feel -___- My family already thinks I play neopets too much. But, then again, it does still look fun.

I'm one of the beta testers & all I can say is it's not like anything else neopets related.

It's kinda a dice roll, collect items, sell things do quests kinda thing.

I proper enjoy playing it but it lagged a bit (could be my pc, could be 'cos it's in beta) but yeah, I can see a lot of non neopets players playing. :D

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them :)

I'm one of the beta testers & all I can say is it's not like anything else neopets related.

It's kinda a dice roll, collect items, sell things do quests kinda thing.

I proper enjoy playing it but it lagged a bit (could be my pc, could be 'cos it's in beta) but yeah, I can see a lot of non neopets players playing. :D

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them :)

Like, in what ways is it not Neo-related? is it just very similar to lots of other apps non-neo? or is there just not much Neopets-related content? (What, BTW IS the neo-related content?)

Like, in what ways is it not Neo-related? is it just very similar to lots of other apps non-neo? or is there just not much Neopets-related content? (What, BTW IS the neo-related content?)

Like it has some neo related items, you have a petpet (and can gain more I assume) and they have certain skills :)

The character you play as it almost more human, sort of like hannah from the H&TPC :)

I'll get some screen shots later on today! :)

It's a lot of fun and I'm hoping they do a link over with items and such like with the Neopets Puzzle Adventure