How Young is Too Young?

Naamah D.

I read a book about a 16 year old girl who goes to Juvie. It was based on a true story.. and she had killed her own baby. The 15 year old needs to go to jail, for the crime she did. I'm 13 and know not to kill people o_O The 5th Grader well.. kinda inbetween. He did shoot a gun at his mother, which is horrible, which leads on to another topic... do video games make kids more violent.. Anywho, the 5th Grader should probably go to Juvie and get things worked out. I cannot imagine a little 10/11 year old in an adult prison. And the 5 year old? She just needs help.

if you're over the age of ten you know consequences to your actions. you know that killing someone is wrong, that you should never do it and that you will go to jail for it. but at five? five years olds don't really understand what the consequences of their actions may be. they might know they would get in trouble for it, such as a smack on the bum from their parents, but life in prison for an action that they could not know the full consequences for is horrible.

how would you feel if it was your 5 year old innocent daughter who was killed?

you're talking about the victim, but how would you feel if it was your 5 year old facing a life time in jail for something they could not understand.

• 4 weeks later...

I've read alot of articles about children being charged with murder. One of them, a 5 year old, drowned an infant in the bathtub. A 5th grader shot mother or stepmother in the head, and a 15 year old girl dug the grave of her 9 year old victim before she killed her. Two of them, the 5th grader and 15 year old girl may be facing life in prison. The 5 year old may be facing murder charges. So my question is, how young is too young for life in prison?

Personally, I think that 5-10 years old is too young to be held in an ADULT prison. The 15 year old maybe, but still they are juvenilles. The 5 year old should have a psychiatric evaluation and be placed in the care of somebody who could possibly help her before it's too late to save her. It was also stated in the articles I read that a 16 year old with mental disabilities was watching the children and the 5 year old was annoyed that the baby wouldn't stop crying so she made him stop. As messed up as that sounds, she probably didn't know better.

The 5th grader who is being held in an adult prison, should be kept in Juvenille hall instead of adult. I'm not going into detail but certain things happen in adult prisons that can be terrifying and emotionally scarring for a young boy.

The 15 year old is beyond help. Her Myspace and Facebook hobbies were listed as "Killing people". She has a history of cutting herself with her fingernails, and when she killed her victim she kept stabbing the body.

What do you think?

Are you talking about the fifth grader who shot his pregnant mother in the head. Not saying that this was wrong but the mother physically and mentally abused the child. She told him he was worthless and said other mean things to him and his seven year old sister. He should have been in counselling. She even told him that once the father had this new baby they would kick him out of the house. She told him his father did not love him because now he had a new wife ect. The father never knew about all the mean and cruel things she said to him. He should not be tried as an adult. He should be sent to juvie and get help. Emotional abuse can cause damage, but not enough to kill someone.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Haunted Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

No bumping topics that haven't received posts in 21 days or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Haunted Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.