Neopets and People With Disabilities

Naamah D.

Neopets is accessible to everybody and people on TDN are open/accepting which is nice. Nobody really knows anything about you until you tell them, anyway. Like gender/race/(dis)abilities etc.

This thread makes me wonder what the ratio of girls : guys is on Neo--I assume its mostly girls, but maybe I just use girlier parts of the site and the boys are just hiding in the Battledome. Sorry for employing the gender binary, I'm just generalizing :)

And SuccubusPrincess, I'm sorry your coworker seems like a jerk!

This thread makes me wonder what the ratio of girls : guys is on Neo--I assume its mostly girls, but maybe I just use girlier parts of the site and the boys are just hiding in the Battledome.

Lol your right! We are hiding the BD...except for me cuz I don't have good weapons lol Ive been trying to beat meuka for like a month!

I agree with Luciana completely. Just because they know a couple people that fit that, doesn't mean the majority of players are.

Now I would say the majority of women on Neopets, are there because they enjoy it. :yes: And that's what really matters.

I'm with Spritzie on this one. Unless they spoke to all of the women on Neopets to see who has a disability and who doesn't they cannot apply it to everyone. If someone has a disability abd plays then more power to them. But that cannot be applied to every woman.

It sounds like a bit of an ignorant statement to me.

*shrugs* Like Spritzie said, disability or not, we are all here because we enjoy it.

I have pretty serious ADD.

Unlike some of the other posters, Neopets doesn't help with my "disability", AT ALL.

Case in point, I'm supposed to be job hunting right now :D

But this is 2011. The majority of us are diagnosed with some behavioral or mental difference these days. Whether the percent of Neophiles diagnosed with said differences is higher than the percent diagnosed in the general population is highly doubtful, IMHO.

I'm with Spritzie on this one. Unless they spoke to all of the women on Neopets to see who has a disability and who doesn't they cannot apply it to everyone.

Let's get some random sampling going up in this mess!!! Research Methods style, Booiiii! :laughingsmiley:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.