OMG I wanna punch something right now...

Dcoolb

I had a trade lot up for a Secret Laboratory Map worth 160k NP. holly__0001 offered 160 np and I was in a rush and pick her and not the 160,000 neopoint offer. I am so angry! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Reportable. I saw someone post this same thing on the Neoboards last week. It's not haggling, it's quasi-scamming. Report the buyer!!

...and next time, be more careful :S

Where do I report him at. I am seriously mad.

If nothing else, at least he gets brought to justice.. :P

True. Word Word Word Word Word Word.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words. Adding off-topic words for post count is also not allowed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

People are so creative. I never would have thought to try to do that to someone. Clearly my rule following is just a lack of imagination.

Yes , report them right away ... I once saw a board on the TP and the seller advertising Baby PB saying they're worth 600k but selling for 100k .. of course I didn't check the item very well and in my hurry I offered 100k ... he accepted in a split second and was gone ... I was left with a baby pb PLUSHIE!! I was able to re-sell it for 60k .. but I reported him nonetheless .. and he was frozen because obviously everyone who was scammed reported him ... but I still lost 40k ... (back when 40k was a reasonable amount) ..

scams go both ways ...

I don't see how this is reportable?

They only made the offer, it's up to you to accept it or not. Yes the numbers are similar, but that's your problem, not theirs? :eh:

TNT has already said that doing something like this (where it's clearly a deliberate attempt to scam someone) is not allowed. For example, let's say somebody advertises a Baby Paint Brush as for 590k.

They get two offers, one for a Lesser Spotted Fish and 59,000 NP, and one that's just a Lesser Spotted Fish. The first one is the only one that they can easily click on by mistaking it for what they asked for. So, even if they accidentally accept the second lot, then it was clearly their fault, whereas for the first one, it was deliberately intended to mislead the seller. The first offer might be frozen/warned, and the second offer would not get any punishment at all (except maybe blocked by the seller) even though both were bad deals for the seller.

I don't see how this is reportable?

They only made the offer, it's up to you to accept it or not. Yes the numbers are similar, but that's your problem, not theirs? :eh:

It's reportable due to it's malicious intent (I believe that's what TNT called it lol)

If this happens to anyone else, but you forgot the username, still send in a report. TNT has said they will go back through your trading history and find the culprit :)

Wow I would also feel like punching someone or something. I can understand mean deceitful people in real life more than I can the cyber ones. What gain is cyber wealth really

Ouch, that must hurt. At least you can report them.

I had a similar case once - I put a Magical Gold Nerkmid on the TP for 320k, and someone offered me 320 NPs for it. I almost clicked accept offer as well, until I double checked and realised what they were really offering. If only I'd known it was a reportable offence, I would have promptly reported that user.

Whenever something like that happens to make I always make sure they're not a newbie first before I do anything at all. If they are I send a nice message saying how they can check the prices of things on this website and I know what it's like to be new etc etc.

If their account is more than a few of months old I send them a message saying that they know full well how much my item is worth, and that if they try that with me EVER again I will report them.

I've never reported somebody though. I would hate the feeling that I was responsible for getting someones account frozen :(

If they do it to me more than once I will report, but nobody has so far!

I really hope you get your map back, though they will probably give you the same old story about 'not being able to recover lost items' and all that :/

Wow, that sounds terrible :(

Even though it probably wasn't an honest mistake in this case, sometimes people are nice enough to give stuff back that you accidentally gave up. Obviously not in this case though since they were trying to mislead you.

I hope you get your stuff back!

That's unfortunate. Well, at least you have learned from this indecent. I have made a similar mistake in another game, so I know how it feels. Even though I am rather poor (<300k) I can give you 40K if it helps. Just put up a cheap item on the TP and notify me ;)