Wishing Well

Lamppost

Has there been any progress on discovering the Wishing Well avatar solution? My mind is boggled by the fact that TNT says it's simple and is surprised we haven't gotten it yet.

I've been wishing in the Wishing Well everyday for probably about two weeks, and I just got my wish granted today, which is exciting but still no avatar. I thought it might be something simple like wish in the wishing well every day for a certain amount of time, or have your wish granted, or something like that. However, that doesn't seem to be the case, unless I missed a few days which is possible. Any other ideas?

"Simple" is all in the eye of the beholder. Simple to actually accomplish maybe, simple to figure out, not so much. TNT are just meanies and haven't given any substantial clues so I says they are cheaters for saying its 'simple' <_<

But no, nobody has discovered it yet. :sad01_anim:

I just wished for "Wishing well avatar" (with a donation of 100 NP). I'm assuming someone else has already tried that. I would guess it's a certain item and/or a certain amount of NP that seemed clever and obvious to TNT when they designed it, but part of the fun is trying to figure it out!

In one of the NT editorials, TNT said the avatar wasn't item related. By the time they gave that clue, I had already wished for every item up to r40. <_<

This is my most desired avatar right now. I really want to be the one to figure it out but I dunno what TNT's idea of 'simple' is so I'm trying not to do things that require a lot of thinking. However I'd think that would mean an item or specific wish or donating a certain amount of nps....

I know SunnyNeo has a Wishing Well Project, asking participants to wish with every NP value from 1 to 99,999. You can find it at SunnyNeo's Wishing Well Project.

I am inclined to believe that that isn't the solution, though. I think somebody would have found it by now if it was that simple. It still might be worthwhile to help out SunnyNeo, though. At least then we'd all know for sure. It looks like everyone has already completed the values up to 10,000 and over 60,000, so there is definitely progress on the project.

Others theorize that you have to wish while using a specific avatar, while some others think you need to wish at a certain time each day. I read one theory that suggested you need to wish during your Magma Pool hour to get the avatar.

You can read about more theories at JellyNeo's Project Wishing Well

My thought was it might be wishing in the Wishing Well a certain number of times. The Editorial #462, where TNT says, "If you guys tossed coins into the well nearly as often as you asked for hints, you'd probably have it by now! ;D" is what led me to this theory. And in Editorial #463, TNT says, "o_____O It's a Wishing Well. One normally just... tosses coins into it. We, uhh... really think you're over thinking this one, guys. Like, really really." That makes me think that it is really just as simple as making a wish.

Reading Editorial #471 makes me think it might be wishing in the wishing well a certain number of times in one day. (I'm also intrigued by that editorial answer because it says there is another hint, but I can't find it.) Any other thoughts?

I know SunnyNeo has a Wishing Well Project, asking participants to wish with every NP value from 1 to 99,999. You can find it at SunnyNeo's Wishing Well Project.

I am inclined to believe that that isn't the solution, though. I think somebody would have found it by now if it was that simple. It still might be worthwhile to help out SunnyNeo, though. At least then we'd all know for sure. It looks like everyone has already completed the values up to 10,000 and over 60,000, so there is definitely progress on the project.

Others theorize that you have to wish while using a specific avatar, while some others think you need to wish at a certain time each day. I read one theory that suggested you need to wish during your Magma Pool hour to get the avatar.

You can read about more theories at JellyNeo's Project Wishing Well

My thought was it might be wishing in the Wishing Well a certain number of times. The Editorial #462, where TNT says, "If you guys tossed coins into the well nearly as often as you asked for hints, you'd probably have it by now! ;D" is what led me to this theory. And in Editorial #463, TNT says, "o_____O It's a Wishing Well. One normally just... tosses coins into it. We, uhh... really think you're over thinking this one, guys. Like, really really." That makes me think that it is really just as simple as making a wish.

Reading Editorial #471 makes me think it might be wishing in the wishing well a certain number of times in one day. (I'm also intrigued by that editorial answer because it says there is another hint, but I can't find it.) Any other thoughts?

The additional hint was......

~The Wishing Well avatar is not seasonal.

~To get the avatar, you need to rub your tummy clockwise while patting your head straight up and down with your other hand, and shout, "I am a happy fluffy Cybunny!" as you use your nose to enter a sum to donate to the Wishing Well. We suggest using your forehead to guide and click your mouse.

~mr.coconut knows the truth. The answer is...

rofl. For sure the only things known about it are, it's not seasonal or item related. That leaves a lot of other things, too many it boggles the mind lol. COuld TDN not have a board specific to the avatar?

If you google, there's petpages too that are dedicated to trying different methods. Simply from the "tossing coins remark", the fact that it's "simple" and the fact that TNT is loving NP sinks recently makes me think you get it from donating a certain amount, whether it's related to something (like the "number 6" avatar) or just a fixed amount (new book avatars from hidden tower). I'm also assuming it's probably a larger amount

Simply from the "tossing coins remark", the fact that it's "simple" and the fact that TNT is loving NP sinks recently makes me think you get it from donating a certain amount, whether it's related to something (like the "number 6" avatar) or just a fixed amount (new book avatars from hidden tower). I'm also assuming it's probably a larger amount

I didn't consider that the amount might be related to something. That's an excellent point!

I just donated 28 times in a row and no avatar, so maybe my multiple donations theory is bogus. I tried donating all my neopoints on hand, too, but at the time I only had 25, so maybe it needs to be larger.

TNT said that it seems that most people have given up trying to find the solution, but instead are content waiting for someone else to find it. I can relate to that! I wonder why that is, too. I think maybe Bonju was so frustrating, and then it turned out to be seasonal, so people just don't have the energy to focus on another avatar that might be seasonal. I'm not convinced that this one isn't. TNT said that one of those three statements was correct, and I think mr.coconut might know the answer!