CG'd????

xSummer

I was just looking at the scratch card post and in the ice caves when I clicked on happy valley link. A tab window popped up and started downloading something that said malware setup and the tab page showed a bunch of things that needed to be downloaded or something. I stopped the download and deleted it and restarted my internet. What was that?? I wasn't in any other page???

I tried, but I wasn't able to replicate your experience, so I don't know what happened. Cookie grabbers don't try to make you download or install anything. I'm not really sure how or why Neopets would have malware in their code. But, if you did not allow anything to install on your computer, then you shouldn't have a problem.

It usually comes from advertisment on Neopets. If it happens again, try to remember what the ad looked like and report it to TNT.

i searched a bit and i guess it happens to try and get you to download it cause it's supposed to scare you into downloading the program to save your computer or whatever. almost cried though haha. thanks

Not CG'd but it's a known problem with Mac users being targeted for malware. (Assuming you have a mac cause I just saw a few Mac users say the exact same thing haha)

If you browse using Safari make sure the "Open Safe Files After Download" is turned OFF. If it some how does download - do NOT submit your password. Delete/ empty trash as you did etc.

Thanks to N_A for the link: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9216335/Fake_security_software_takes_aim_at_Mac_users

Guest Yoshinho

I guess that was scareware you saw right there. (I was waiting to say that all night xD It rhymes!)

You can always

Close Browser and Delete all Browsing history

Try clicking a different page on Neo

Install an Ad block filter. (JN and TDN has guides for that)

Get Windows 7?

I guess that was scareware you saw right there. (I was waiting to say that all night xD It rhymes!)

You can always

Close Browser and Delete all Browsing history

Try clicking a different page on Neo

Install an Ad block filter. (JN and TDN has guides for that)

Get Windows 7?

Yeah get Windows 7 on your Mac ;)

Just wanted to add that the other people who I saw have this specific issue also experienced WITH an adblocker (in case you try).

They experienced it on many pages, including Habitarium.

You just got to be careful in not to install it. :D

Guest Yoshinho

No I mean Uninstall Mac and install Windows 7.

Ad block plus for Firefox works and blocks mostly all ads.

No I mean Uninstall Mac and install Windows 7.

Ad block plus for Firefox works and blocks mostly all ads.

Yes, I know what you meant and was sarcastically commenting that it was a useless suggestion to resolve this problem.

We're also aware what adblock does and that it works. The threat Summer is experiencing happens even when adblock is installed and activated. I was mentioning that fact in case she or someone turns it on and the same situation occurs . ;)

In any event the problem was identified and solutions were given.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact hrtbrk if you have any questions regarding this action.