Scratch cards?

Ok. I'll say now: I mean this with COMPLETE and TOTAL respect to Neopets! But I'm curious. Has anyone EVER won ANYthing from ANY scratch card? What I am about to say may be branded as cheating, but I didn't know it would work, so it was not intentional to cheat (and I've spent, like, 50k on scratch cards, if not more, since I started neopets!). I got a desert kiosk scratch card, and almost got nothing. The order went pretty much this:

Book

Pot

Pot

Ball

(2 other things ID remember)

Ok. I didn't scratch them FULLY off, so it didn't count. So I went back. Fine. I cheated! But the thing is- It was ALWAYS the same things, in the same order! No matter what box I clicked. And this fot me thinking- Have I ever won anything from these cards? In about 5 years, NADA. ZERO. ZILTCH (what does ziltch mean anyway? XD). So, please, prove me wrong! Just tell me the card you got something from, and maybe what it is.

Yes, I've won things from Scratch Cards numerous times. I normally scratch in the Ice Caves though, maybe you should try that? Also, If you try to scratch the same card over and over by hitting the 'back button' I'm pretty sure they've set it up so that you can't cheat, and that it'll always scratch the same thing every time. Just leave the kiosk and go back in before every new card. Plus, even if it was a glitch that you've been taking advantage of, not only is that against Neopets rules, but it clearly isn't working out for you anyway. :laughingsmiley:

Just buy 5 of the Terror Trove Scratchcards and go to the Ice Caves. At least one of them will probably give you 5,000 NP (or more) for a nice profit.

Ugh, I think I've won maybe 2k NP from one... But mostly I win snowballs (yay.)!

When one of my friends went to the Ice Cave SC Kiosk, she randomly bought the top tier scratch card, which she sold in her shop for a huge profit (at least 100k!)... I hope the person who bought it was as lucky as she was! =P

Hmmm, well that's interesting... I just won 5k on a Terror Trove SC that I bought randomly! Hmm, maybe I should try being cynical more often! xD

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I play 5 scratchcards every day, and I win something pretty much every day. My winnings don't always make up for what I spend on scratchcards, but I usually at least break even. Today, I won 10,000 NP and 4 Snowballs.

Guest Yoshinho

I only scratch 1-3 times a week. I only win 1 of those 3 times and it isn't really that big of a prize either.

I buy one, or sometimes two, scratchcards a day, when I remember. Nearly always Lost Desert, just because I like them. I quite often win sand snowballs or 500np. Won a couple of Scarab Rings at one point, but nothing really bigger than that. I don't think they're rigged any more than real world scratchcards are - yes, there are x many prizes to be won, but y many scratchcards are bought, with y being a lot higher than x.

i just won a profit of 500 on my scratch card, and each individual scratchcard is set with its own scratch pattern. you cant get anything different on the same card. they are more like lottery than scratch card, as it doesnt matter which box you pick....

I play 5 scratchcards every day, and I win something pretty much every day. My winnings don't always make up for what I spend on scratchcards, but I usually at least break even. Today, I won 10,000 NP and 4 Snowballs.

This.

I buy a scratch card every day (Lost Desert only) and win more often then I don't.

Of course, this is usually a sand snowball, 500-1500nps or a scarab ring -- but I'll take it. :P

On top of that, they've given me scratch cards worth 60k and 400k quite a few times.

From my personal experience I have found that I make the most profit from the ice caves. You can make a 10,000 profit from the lowest card witch is the race to riches. One time I got the highest card and I should of sold it for 150k but I was feeling lucky so I used it... and then I didnt win anything. But The Ice Caves is your best bet for the highest profit!

I win all the time ... especially with Sidney's cards .. I stopped buying the Ice Kiosk ones because you need to wait 6 hrs in between ...

Ok. I didn't scratch them FULLY off, so it didn't count.

This is your problem from your tests. Once you scratch a card, you're not going to change your result, so if you don't finish it, you won't get any different results by starting over! It's to prevent people from cheating like this.

I've won plenty of things, but I haven't bought one in years. I used to buy from the ice kiosk and win NP all the time!

I buy them all the time. Mostly the Ice Caves Kiosk ones, though. That seems to be the one with the best chances. (It's also the one you have to wait the longest between each bought scratch card, and you can only scratch five a day there.) I often win 2.5k, 5k, and 10k. :)

I have won in the past, but lately I have been buying scratchcards just to buy scratchcards. They sit in my safety deposit box and gather dust. Sooner or later I'll take them all out and make money on them or play them, depending on my preference at the time.

I've noticed that on the LD scratch cards too. I'm sure it's like that so you can't cheat. Plus even if you only scratch a little bit off it's still scratched. I actually do win fairly often on the scratch cards just usually not that big. More like break-even :)

• 4 months later...

OMG. I thought I'd post this coz I'm just shocked. I just bought a race to riches scratch card and I thought I'm feeling lucky today... As far as I know three squares of nine are always blanks but look...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XHQ2UD8E - It's completely safe I promise but I didn't know how to get it on here otherwise. It's just a screen shot of my scratch card.

I scratched the six squares that didn't have blanks and I could never have got 3 of a kind! Outrageous! I swear the point of scratchcards is to be lucky! I was so annoyed :( an unavoidable waste of 600np...

Does anyone know if this is allowed?! It shouldn't be!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Haunted Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't bump any topics that haven't received posts in 21 days or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Haunted Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.